PDA

View Full Version : Tate eager to help new teammates embark on playoff run

stillers4me
01-01-2015, 09:28 AM
New Steelers running back Ben Tate was released by the Browns and Vikings within a month, creating questions of what happened in both cities.
Tate wasn't interested in elaborating Wednesday … at least with the media.

“I really don't want to talk about it,” Tate said. “I am moving on. I am a Steeler now, and that's all I am worried about.”

A few hours before, Tate addressed his new teammates.

“I know he stood up in our team meeting room and said he's just here to help us win,” quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said.............

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/7461230-74/tate-roethlisberger-team#ixzz3NaGanArp

stillers4me
01-01-2015, 09:48 AM
Steelers Offense Is Very Foreign To New RB Ben Tate

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/01/steelers-offense-foreign-new-rb-ben-tate/

stillers4me
01-01-2015, 10:04 AM
Could it be that Tate already notices a difference in the atmosphere in Pittsburgh versus the other locker rooms he's experienced?

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody can replace Bell. But collectively, they need to do just enough to get the job done.

stillers4me
01-01-2015, 10:27 AM

salamander
01-01-2015, 10:57 AM

Big difference between the Steelers and the Browns/Vikings, Ben. Welcome to Pittsburgh.

Crow-Magnon
01-01-2015, 11:05 AM
Could be good. Could also be bad if he doesn't really know the playbook and he misses blocks or fumbles on handoffs. Although I doubt the last one. Roethlisberger has a stiffarm delivery to RB's that's pretty hard to miss IMO.

GBMelBlount
01-01-2015, 11:07 AM
Perhaps Ben Tate is tired of being Ben Tover.

cold-hard-steel
01-01-2015, 11:45 AM

your dumb dude . worse than my badder day . LOL

cold-hard-steel
01-01-2015, 11:56 AM
For real what does a running back do ? How you use him is the key . If he can gash 3.5 yards when we need it . You will be resigned.

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta love your logistic outlook to the extreme .

cold-hard-steel
01-01-2015, 12:09 PM
The extreme is the power of the MACHV you guys aint got it yet ,

Shoes
01-01-2015, 12:16 PM
Could be good. Could also be bad if he doesn't really know the playbook and he misses blocks or fumbles on handoffs. Although I doubt the last one. Roethlisberger has a stiffarm delivery to RB's that's pretty hard to miss IMO.

Ben, Farve and Manning all have/had that long handoff delivery, amazing it works when everyone can see it developing. I'm more concerned with Harris holding on to the ball than Tate.

cold-hard-steel
01-01-2015, 12:24 PM
Crow i love ya to death man. But when our MACHV starts to push forward we will have to sit back and smile

Crow-Magnon
01-01-2015, 12:32 PM
Crow i love ya to death man. But when our MACHV starts to push forward we will have to sit back and smile

If we're all honest, if the Steelers blow out the Ravens, the Ravens blow out the Steelers, or either team wins with a late 4th quarter FG to go ahead by 3, would any of us scratch our heads and say "no way!" I could see any if those scenarios becoming reality by 11:00 PM Saturday evening. These two franchises leave nothing on the gridiron but sweat and blood, and it often comes down to one crucial play.

Regular season games are hotly contested, but this is one-and-done for either team, so expect the unexpected. I know I am!

Craic
01-01-2015, 12:36 PM
If we're all honest, if the Steelers blow out the Ravens, the Ravens blow out the Steelers, or either team wins with a late 4th quarter FG to go ahead by 3, would any of us scratch our heads and say "no way!" I could see any if those scenarios becoming reality by 11:00 PM Saturday evening. These two franchises leave nothing on the gridiron but sweat and blood, and it often comes down to one crucial play.

Regular season games are hotly contested, but this is one-and-done for either team, so expect the unexpected. I know I am!

This game's not going to be played with the intensity of the AFCCG a few years ago simply because neither team has the caliber of physical players they once did. But I agree, this will still be a hard-hitting brutal game. The biggest problem for the winner of this game is they only have a week to recover before the next game.

cold-hard-steel
01-01-2015, 12:37 PM
Ravens are dust in the wind ., Kansas said it in the best way .Just live with it .

HollywoodSteel
01-01-2015, 01:35 PM
This game's not going to be played with the intensity of the AFCCG a few years ago simply because neither team has the caliber of physical players they once did. But I agree, this will still be a hard-hitting brutal game. The biggest problem for the winner of this game is they only have a week to recover before the next game.

I was thinking the same thing at first, but I don't know. Our O-line is starting to get nasty. Look at the way they have each other's back (Foster throwing a helmet that he hoped had a head in it) so I can so a real dog fight in the trenches between our O-line and their D (Suggs and Haloti are still there). And on the other side, guys like Tuitt and Cam might be relatively new but I can see them getting into the fight. Plus we still have Deebo. And when there's Deebo, there's intensity on every play. He'll be ready to get as bloody as ever.

- - - Updated - - -

I was thinking the same thing at first, but I don't know. Our O-line is starting to get nasty. Look at the way they have each other's back (Foster throwing a helmet that he hoped had a head in it) so I can so a real dog fight in the trenches between our O-line and their D (Suggs and Haloti are still there). And on the other side, guys like Tuitt and Cam might be relatively new but I can see them getting into the fight. Plus we still have Deebo. And when there's Deebo, there's intensity on every play. He'll be ready to get as bloody as ever.

To continue the thought, it seems like there are always enough vets on both sides to pass on the rivalry. Remember when it was always Porter at the center of the storm? Well, the nastiness continued well past his retirement.