PDA

View Full Version : Cornerback Blake's improvement helping Steelers defense

stillers4me
01-01-2015, 09:15 AM
Antwon Blake was fine with his role as the headhunter on special teams.

The Steelers, however, gave the third-year cornerback a chance to prove his ability is far more expansive.

With the Steelers in pursuit of the AFC North title, Blake was given an opportunity to showcase his skills in the team's “nickel'' defense the past three games while veteran Ike Taylor sat with an injured forearm. It was the second time this season he had been added to the package. The first came after Cortez Allen's struggles forced him out of the starting lineup.

Blake dazzled everyone during Sunday's 27-17 regular-season finale victory over Cincinnati..........

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/7461226-74/blake-steelers-smith#ixzz3NaDO3AZA

Lady Steel
01-01-2015, 03:57 PM
“I did a lot of film study and listened to everything everyone said. I listened to older players, and I'm still listening and paying attention to how they do things.”

It's refreshing to see a player who listens instead of running his mouth and thinking he knows it all. We see all too much of the latter around the NFL.

“It excites me to put another man on the ground. Whenever I can show off my physicality it makes me happy. I don't mind throwing my body around and giving it all up for the team.”

That excites me, too. Go get 'em, Antwon! :tt02:

thesteelerdealer
01-01-2015, 04:02 PM
Just call them the Defensive B & B Boyz! Blake & Brice. :applaudit: