PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Take on the Season

Mojouw
12-31-2014, 06:27 PM
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pittsburgh-steelers-opinions-reactions-news-updates/2014/12/31/7469265/the-2014-pittsburgh-steelers-fourth-quarter-report

Count Steeler
12-31-2014, 06:53 PM
Good read Mojouw. Kudos to you for standing Steelers strong throughout this season.

cold-hard-steel
12-31-2014, 07:08 PM
Good read . The thing to take the lid off the offense is for the defense to step up .Much not talked about group.Well not well talked about group anyway. I like it .

SteelGhost
12-31-2014, 07:13 PM
I had not posted for a long time, but always read the forums, thanks for sharing that nice, positive and optimistic article :drink:

ALLD
12-31-2014, 07:20 PM
Very entertaining.

cold-hard-steel
12-31-2014, 07:20 PM
I had not posted for a long time, but always read the forums, thanks for sharing that nice, positive and optimistic article :drink:

Thats cause you are ghostly.

cold-hard-steel
12-31-2014, 07:26 PM
For me it is the defense that needs to come out of hiding.They been layin way to low if ya ask me .

SteelGhost
12-31-2014, 07:30 PM
Thats cause you are ghostly.

Yep =)

cold-hard-steel
12-31-2014, 08:05 PM
Well the work is cut out for them.Can they show up for work and do the job?

thesteelerdealer
12-31-2014, 08:26 PM
The bigger question is, with this offense and it's talent, if we do lose Saturday, or just fall short say at Denver, and because of the defense, will this team/organization do what is necessary to sign the free agent talent that we need to immediately compete ? And I am not talking about the Mitchell's of the World. I am talking about 3 or 4 players in the 12-15 million a year territory ?...Like the Broncos do, and New England does ?

Cause if this team can sign a few GREAT Defensive players, like in the secondary and a elite Pass rusher to go with this offense, we WILL be in the upper tier of NFL teams competing for the Super Bowl. But if they just choose to be
" Bargain Basement " buyers in free agency, and just wanna wait for their young drafted defensive players to hopefully develop...then by that time not only will Ben be likely done as his career goes...or close to it, but we will likely lose a key offensive player by that time...Bell...Bryant...Wheaton, ect.

So yes I hope this season is a Miraculous one. But if not, and if it is because of our poorest defense, will the Rooney's do what needs to be done to Win!! ?

Butch
12-31-2014, 10:19 PM
Well the work is cut out for them.Can they show up for work and do the job?

I dunno I have seen recently where the D stones the other team only to have the offense go 3 and out. I aint sayin' the D can't improve but when they get the offense the ball quickly it is killer to have the offense go 3 and out.

Mojouw
01-01-2015, 11:47 AM
What has also been very interesting to see is how well Worilds is viewed by folks outside of rabid Steelers fans. Too many places to post here, are reviewing his season highly and predict that he will make big money as a FA this off-season. Meanwhile, I felt he kinda stunk. At least two of his 7.5 sacks this year were from Deebo running QB's into him. And at least one was from his blocker simply falling down.

I find it entertaining to compare the opinions and insights from the highly knowledgeable folks here and the "professional" football pundits.

thesteelerdealer
01-01-2015, 11:56 AM
What has also been very interesting to see is how well Worilds is viewed by folks outside of rabid Steelers fans. Too many places to post here, are reviewing his season highly and predict that he will make big money as a FA this off-season. Meanwhile, I felt he kinda stunk. At least two of his 7.5 sacks this year were from Deebo running QB's into him. And at least one was from his blocker simply falling down.

I find it entertaining to compare the opinions and insights from the highly knowledgeable folks here and the "professional" football pundits.

Don't be at all surprised if Worild wants too much money that the Steelers will just let him walk....and then sign back Lamar Woodley from the Raiders, who will likely just let him go after having really no Impact in the 6 games Woodley played in before he got hurt. I can totally see it happening to. Even though Woodley according to reports is over 280Lbs

tube517
01-01-2015, 01:36 PM

Yep, that was an underwhelming 7.5 sacks by Worilds. I'm a homer because he played for Va Tech but he hasn't really thrilled me in his time here.

Count Steeler
01-01-2015, 01:42 PM
Don't be at all surprised if Worild wants too much money that the Steelers will just let him walk....and then sign back Lamar Woodley from the Raiders, who will likely just let him go after having really no Impact in the 6 games Woodley played in before he got hurt. I can totally see it happening to. Even though Woodley according to reports is over 280Lbs

No way Woodley returns to the Black and Gold. We don't need a part timer, we need players.

Shoes
01-01-2015, 01:47 PM

Sure, and throw in Jamarcus Russell in for a bonus. Never happen and it won't happen with Wallace. Your fishing.

HollywoodSteel
01-01-2015, 01:52 PM

You know, this isn't as out of this world crazy as it sounded at first. I mean, it's unlikely we'd ever resign Woodley, and I'd be really hesitant to do so... but if he realizes how much better he had it here and would sign at vet min., who knows? Maybe he has a "come to Jesus" moment and decides to be part of something special and approaches football the way he should. Kind of like the dude in Dallas that was a bust until this year when he finally decided to be a football player.

Again, it's all very unlikely and Woodley is no Deebo coming back from any kind of greatness. But he does know our system and isn't that old. If he really wanted to, he could be a decent pass rusher from that side, but he'd really have to dedicate himself to training and mental focus and I have no faith in that. But weirder things have happened. Being a Steeler never looks so good as when you had it and lost it. If Raiders do cut him, maybe we bring him into training camp and let him try and earn a spot?

That's only if we lose Worilds and don't address the position in the draft. I really hope we hang onto Moats though. I hate that we only signed a one year deal with him. I also hope Deebo gives it one more year, although we can't expect him to be immortal. LB could be a real cause for concern next year unless Jarvis Jones's light finally turns on. So far he really doesn't look like that 3-4 edge rusher we need.

HollywoodSteel
01-01-2015, 01:58 PM
No way Woodley returns to the Black and Gold. We don't need a part timer, we need players.

I actually do really agree with you. The only tiny piece of the puzzle that wasn't there before is him seeing the difference there is between being a Steeler and being a Raider. Could it really change something in his brain that changes the way he approaches the game? Probably not. And even so, he just can't seem to stay healthy. But maybe it's all connected to a mental attitude. If it clicks in the brain, and then he gets into the best shape of his life, does that keep him healthy?

Why am I even talking about this? I must be losing it. Steelerdealer has gotten into my brain like an ear-worm or something and is eating it from the inside.

Count Steeler
01-01-2015, 02:04 PM
I actually do really agree with you. The only tiny piece of the puzzle that wasn't there before is him seeing the difference there is between being a Steeler and being a Raider. Could it really change something in his brain that changes the way he approaches the game? Probably not. And even so, he just can't seem to stay healthy. But maybe it's all connected to a mental attitude. If it clicks in the brain, and then he gets into the best shape of his life, does that keep him healthy?

Why am I even talking about this? I must be losing it. Steelerdealer has gotten into my brain like an ear-worm or something and is eating it from the inside.

I think it was the 2011 season when he started like gang busters and he was in shape. In the Pats* game he pulled his hammy and he never seemed to recover. 2012 and 2013 were write offs. This year with the Raiders, he was a write off. If he is our best option for OLB, someone needs to get fired.

I would even consider a flip of Jones and Shazier, because Jones has shown nothing at OLB. He is starting to spell out BUST, he may have the B and U already. Of course, I would rather have Moats over Woodley. Worilds is gone if he wants more than 5-6 million.

Shoes
01-01-2015, 02:05 PM

I agree with you, this team is just turning the corner on fat and lazy, sure can't be *like a dog returning to its vomit*.

Merchant
01-01-2015, 02:25 PM
Great read. Thank you for sharing.