PDA

View Full Version : Roster move pending

one side only
12-30-2014, 07:41 AM
Ben Tate is in the house. Somebody (I think Justin Brown) is going to be cut to make room for Tate or another veteran RB.

I was hoping for Ray Rice, but Tate is servicable.

thesteelerdealer
12-30-2014, 08:12 AM
Ben Tate is in the house. Somebody (I think Justin Brown) is going to be cut to make room for Tate or another veteran RB.

I was hoping for Ray Rice, but Tate is servicable.

Well I was the first one here to call it. Ray Rice would have been a good story because we're playing Baltimore. But even I knew not suiting up for as long as Rice has was not an option. But Tate has played recently, and the steelers know him and his style. So give ME all the credit, I called before anyone else here even thought of him as an option.

Steelman
12-30-2014, 08:49 AM

one side only
12-30-2014, 09:11 AM
Well, Ben Tate is there, unless it is a stunt double or his doppleganger. I disagree with Dale Lolley. Tate was productive with the Browns. He also knows Gary Kubiak's offense. I would be in favor of signing him even if Bell was ready to go, over keeping a 6th WR on the roster who never dresses for games.

thesteelerdealer
12-30-2014, 09:16 AM
Well, Ben Tate is there, unless it is a stunt double or his doppleganger. I disagree with Dale Lolley. Tate was productive with the Browns. He also knows Gary Kubiak's offense. I would be in favor of signing him even if Bell was ready to go, over keeping a 6th WR on the roster who never dresses for games.

Plus right or for wrong, Ben Tate has always had a good rushing average against the Ravens. I checked it out, and he has a 4.8 YPC average, and has always given them fits. I mean if he is in shape, I say Why not ?

86WARD
12-30-2014, 09:39 AM
Mentioned it when he was waived by the Vikings. He's always been a very serviceable back up RB.

Psycho Ward 86
12-30-2014, 09:55 AM
im down with that. although i still think it would have been hilarious if we signed ray rice for one game and he blew up

86WARD
12-30-2014, 10:28 AM
I would've loved signing Rice to go up against the Ravens...

Steelerette
12-30-2014, 10:30 AM
Ben Tate was just disgruntled. And, while he did say he wasn't happy, he didn't walk out on a team during a game at least. Not saying he'd be the best locker room element but you never know, at this point he might be thankful to get work.

Ray Rice is on film beating on his wife. No. If I have to make the choice, give me Tate every time.

MrPgh
12-30-2014, 10:39 AM
Wish they would have brought him in after they cut Blount when they had the chance. How much of the playbook can he absorb before Saturday?

Psycho Ward 86
12-30-2014, 10:44 AM
Wish they would have brought him in after they cut Blount when they had the chance. How much of the playbook can he absorb before Saturday?

he was bitching about not getting enough touches when he was with the browns, same as blount. wouldnt have made any sense

Lady Steel
12-30-2014, 10:44 AM
Mentioned it when he was waived by the Vikings. He's always been a very serviceable back up RB.

Yep, 86WARD called it first. Neener, neener, neener. http://randomtopics.org/images/smilies/giggle%20girl.gif

steelreserve
12-30-2014, 10:56 AM
Well I was the first one here to call it. Ray Rice would have been a good story because we're playing Baltimore. But even I knew not suiting up for as long as Rice has was not an option. But Tate has played recently, and the steelers know him and his style. So give ME all the credit, I called before anyone else here even thought of him as an option.

I know I shouldn't talk to you because it will only encourage you, but you're about a month and a half late and about the 20th person to think of it.

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/21407-UPDATE-Steelers-Release-Blount?p=460394&viewfull=1#post460394

That will be my one and only response to this, other than to encourage the mods to give you the quick drop-kick for pulling the same shit every time you open your mouth since you started here. I have no idea why they've even let it go on this long.

one side only
12-30-2014, 10:58 AM
Well, Tate was not signed. Seems like he has a case of Blount-itis. Josh Harris is the man.

steelreserve
12-30-2014, 11:02 AM
Well, Tate was not signed. Seems like he has a case of Blount-itis. Josh Harris is the man.

Where does it say that? Not doubting, just wondering.

Texasteel
12-30-2014, 11:04 AM
Insults have been going in both directions. We don't like banning anyone, and will do it as a last resort. We can also give vacations to those that refuse to listen to our requests. What I have posted in one thread applies to all threads. Please guys lets start over with a clean sheet.

vader29
12-30-2014, 11:04 AM
Wouldn't mind seeing them sign LaRod Stephens-Howling as a short term backup, read that he was recovered from his ACL and healthy enough to tryout for teams earlier this year but didn't sign with anyone.

thesteelerdealer
12-30-2014, 11:06 AM
I know I shouldn't talk to you because it will only encourage you, but you're about a month and a half late and about the 20th person to think of it.

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/21407-UPDATE-Steelers-Release-Blount?p=460394&viewfull=1#post460394

That will be my one and only response to this, other than to encourage the mods to give you the quick drop-kick for pulling the same shit every time you open your mouth since you started here. I have no idea why they've even let it go on this long.

Well excuse me. I wasn't here when that old thread was started. But that was when they cut Blount. I brought up Tate right after the Bell Injury, and most here said no way, that Pittsburgh would never consider him cause he is a Cancer...which BTW is pure BS.

one side only
12-30-2014, 11:17 AM
Where does it say that? Not doubting, just wondering.

Tomlin just said in his press conference that Ben Tate is still a possibility.

I served with a guy in Afghanistan who has a relative that works in a building on S. Water St. Sometimes he hears things.

thesteelerdealer
12-30-2014, 11:20 AM
Tate needs to be added for Depth. But Harris deserves to start. Sometimes, not never have seen a player before is an advantage. Baltimore has zero game film of Harris, or have played against him. So if they assume Harris can't do any damage would be their possible mistake.

86WARD
12-30-2014, 11:22 AM
They are evaluating Tate both physically and mentally to see if he could come in now and participate for the week.

Lady Steel
12-30-2014, 11:24 AM
Wouldn't mind seeing them sign LaRod Stephens-Howling as a short term backup, read that he was recovered from his ACL and healthy enough to tryout for teams earlier this year but didn't sign with anyone.

This. I've always liked LaRod. Would love to see him in the Black 'n Gold.

TD's & Beer
12-30-2014, 11:28 AM
Run Josh run...as a decoy.

Go getum Ben, Shotgun, 5 WIDE, slant and bubble screen them rats to death.

That's what I say.

thesteelerdealer
12-30-2014, 12:43 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/527167757897715712/93Q5Q2uI_normal.jpegJason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora) · 3m3 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/549998239358132225)

Steelers have every intention of signing Ben Tate pending him passing a physical. Bell will push to play but might not be feasible

86WARD
12-30-2014, 12:49 PM
It would make sense to sign him just for passing downs alone. Use Harris as the main runner and Tate on passing downs to block.

TD's & Beer
12-30-2014, 01:04 PM
You know we'd love to play two TE's and run the ball - but now that would be playing right into the Ravens hands. 3rd and long and blitz Ben all night long.

I say come out throwing on 1st down and don't stop. A slippery turf would give AB the advantage.

Ben's big hands will rule the night - pump them Ben, pump them hard

Merchant
12-30-2014, 01:08 PM
They are evaluating Tate both physically and mentally to see if he could come in now and participate for the week.

For some reason I pictured the 'mental' evaluation as Tate sitting in a room with Tomlin and Haley yelling at him.

thesteelerdealer
12-30-2014, 01:12 PM
For some reason I pictured the 'mental' evaluation as Tate sitting in a room with Tomlin and Haley yelling at him.

Makes me wonder what sort of Mental evaluation the Steelers did when they were thinking of signing
" Najeh Davenport "......

http://2.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/43/23/998c315959b7f7e8b43cf2aec169cf3a.jpg (http://www.collegehumor.com/post/6984158/this-truck-is-full-of-shit)

steelreserve
12-30-2014, 01:13 PM

metal.

86WARD
12-30-2014, 01:31 PM
Just heard that the Steelers made this deal official and Tate will wear #34.

one side only
12-30-2014, 01:35 PM
Hello, Ben. Goodbye, Justin.

steelreserve
12-30-2014, 01:40 PM
Hello, Ben. Goodbye, Justin.

Was hoping goodbye Landry, but either way. Bye, Felicia.

thesteelerdealer
12-30-2014, 01:46 PM
Lets hope Ben Tate is ready physically to play if need be.

one side only
12-30-2014, 02:10 PM
In a related, minor move, the Steelers added WR Tim Benford to the practice squad, and released CB Jorden Sullen. I guess waiving Brown left them a receiver short on the scout team.

Hawkman
12-30-2014, 02:20 PM
and most here said no way,Cancer...

Pleas show the "MOST" examples!!!

Psycho Ward 86
12-30-2014, 02:29 PM
Well excuse me. I wasn't here when that old thread was started. But that was when they cut Blount. I brought up Tate right after the Bell Injury, and most here said no way, that Pittsburgh would never consider him cause he is a Cancer...which BTW is pure BS.

uh... people here said no way only directly after blount and tate got cut because they both got cut for complaining about not getting enough touches. Tate will no longer have trouble getting touches for at least this game if Bell cant go. We had an MVP candidate at RB in the past point in time, and now we probably dont. Completely different circumstances.