PDA

View Full Version : Dejan Kovacevic: They’ve ‘come a long way’ from London

Steelman
12-29-2014, 11:19 AM
In the end, though it really wasn’t the end, there were as many sighs as smiles.

The Steelers, the Pittsburgh Steelers, the franchise that once owned the AFC North Division, the franchise built on a foundation of defense and toughness and tenacity, made it back to that summit by borrowing from all three traits on this special Sunday night at Heinz Field and besting the Bengals, 27-17, in a mano-a-mano matchup for the title.

And yes, it was truly special. I choose the term advisedly. Because, like most of the men on this roster, I recall London all too vividly.

“Yeah, London,” Ramon Foster was saying at his stall after all the caps and T-shirts had been doled out, after all the whooping and hollering of a “very happy locker room,” as Mike Tomlin described the initial postgame celebration, had died down. “I remember London. A lot of us do. That was … man, that seems like forever ago now, doesn’t it?”

http://dkonpittsburghsports.com/2014/12/29/column-theyve-come-long-way-london/

KeiselPower99
12-29-2014, 06:34 PM
19-9 since returning from England and lets be honest if it wasnt for AB's toe sliding out of bounds in the snow last year we would have made the playoffs.