PDA

View Full Version : Ben for League MVP ? why not

Dwinsgames
12-28-2014, 11:40 PM
http://549438703241031682

X-Terminator
12-29-2014, 12:06 AM
His name isn't Brady, Manning or Rodgers. So he has no chance in hell. A good argument can also be made for AB as league MVP.

86WARD
12-29-2014, 05:40 AM
Bell, Ben and Brown can all be in the discussions for league MVP. There's absolutely no reason Bens name shouldn't be in there with Rodgers and Brady...

Steelman
12-29-2014, 08:29 AM
Out of the three, I think AB should be most in the discussion. Ben deserves to also be in it, but of course will get snubbed in favor of one of The Anointed. Antonio Brown, however, show me a receiver who's been more consistent this year.

Psycho Ward 86
12-29-2014, 10:22 AM
Because we have 3 MVP candidates on the roster and no other team can say that

steelreserve
12-29-2014, 12:12 PM
They'll give it to J.J. Watt, no question. That drumbeat has been going for months, and no QB has separated himself from the rest enough. The fact that Ugly Rapist Ben tied for the league lead in passing with a guy from a 7-9 team in a division that the league wants to sweep under the rug this season seals it - no QB will get it.

In the past, if there was a year like this they would've just given the award to Peyton Manning, and in fact they still might, but he struggled so hard for the second half of the season that everyone would know it was a complete joke.

86WARD
12-29-2014, 12:24 PM
If Peyton And Brady were tied, they'd give MVP to Brady, O-Player of year to Manning and D-Player to Watt...

SteelerFanInStl
12-29-2014, 06:27 PM
They'll give it to J.J. Watt, no question. That drumbeat has been going for months, and no QB has separated himself from the rest enough.

I agree, that's all that I've been hearing. He had a great year but I don't see how you can give the MVP to someone on a team that didn't even make the playoffs. DPOY is a different story.

86WARD
12-29-2014, 07:27 PM
If JJ Watt doesn't win league MVP, a defensive player will NEVER win it. Guy played both sides of the ball and special teams. Scored TDs on both sides of the ball. Had 20 sacks for the second season in a row and was just an all around monster at the line of scrimmage. If anyone deserves MVP, his name is in it...regardless of whether or not he was on a winning team. Without him, the Texans may be in the discussion for the #1 pick overall.

It really comes down to a persons definition of MVP...

Heinz Hitman
12-29-2014, 08:02 PM
If JJ Watt doesn't win league MVP, a defensive player will NEVER win it. Guy played both sides of the ball and special teams. Scored TDs on both sides of the ball. Had 20 sacks for the second season in a row and was just an all around monster at the line of scrimmage. If anyone deserves MVP, his name is in it...regardless of whether or not he was on a winning team. Without him, the Texans may be in the discussion for the #1 pick overall.

This is pretty much exactly what I was saying a couple of nights ago. If Watt is not able to win league MVP with the year that he has had, then defensive players should no longer even be mentioned when discussing MVP candidates. If he doesn't win then everybody will know that it is impossible to win it as a defensive player.

thesteelerdealer
12-29-2014, 08:12 PM

As good as Watt is, he isn't close to being league MVP. I mean his stats are meaningless if his teams Defense is not even a top-15 Defense. I mean KC LB Houston had arguably as good if not a better statistical season then Watt. And NO WAY has Watt had a better season then James Harrison did in 2008...and Harrison didn't win it then, and that was Harrison leading us as the best Defense in the league. So Watt being mentioned as a MVP choice is Ridiculous.

Shoes
12-29-2014, 08:22 PM

I agree, he's surely worthy. He'd get my vote.

Steeldude
12-29-2014, 08:35 PM
He certainly should be in the voting.

Here is how I look at MVP. Are the Broncos in worse shape without Manning than the Steelers would be without Roethlisberger? What about Luck? Perhaps even JJ Watts? What hurts BR's chances is the fact the Steelers have Brown and Bell on the roster. Bell could be in the running for MVP also.

86WARD
12-29-2014, 08:43 PM
As good as Watt is, he isn't close to being league MVP. I mean his stats are meaningless if his teams Defense is not even a top-15 Defense. I mean KC LB Houston had arguably as good if not a better statistical season then Watt. And NO WAY has Watt had a better season then James Harrison did in 2008...and Harrison didn't win it then, and that was Harrison leading us as the best Defense in the league. So Watt being mentioned as a MVP choice is Ridiculous.

LOL. ... Not even a comparison.

fansince'76
12-29-2014, 08:46 PM
Here is how I look at MVP. Are the Broncos in worse shape without Manning than the Steelers would be without Roethlisberger? What about Luck? Perhaps even JJ Watts? What hurts BR's chances is the fact the Steelers have Brown and Bell on the roster. Bell could be in the running for MVP also.

Without Ben and with this defense, the 2014 Steelers are a 7-win team. Tops. If Ben doesn't play at least halfway decent, we simply don't win. That has not been the case with Manning and the Broncos for the most part, at least not this year. Manning has thrown 6 INTs against 5 TDs over the Broncos' last 5 games and the Broncos have still managed to go 4-1. That doesn't happen for the Steelers if Ben posts those kinds of numbers.

thesteelerdealer
12-29-2014, 08:47 PM

He will be, but around 10th or so, which is where he deserves to be. I mean like it or not, JJ Watt is not a difference making Defensive player.

86WARD
12-29-2014, 08:51 PM
He will be, but around 10th or so, which is where he deserves to be. I mean like it or not, JJ Watt is not a difference making Defensive player.

http://bitsocialmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Internet-Troll.jpg

thesteelerdealer
12-29-2014, 08:54 PM
http://bitsocialmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Internet-Troll.jpg

Did JJ get his team to the playoffs ?..Nope. Did he lead them to even a top-5 Defense ?...Nope. Yeah...great Difference maker there.

Shoes
12-29-2014, 08:55 PM
I believe steeldawg has taken another form.

NCSteeler
12-29-2014, 08:55 PM
If Troy has never been seriously considered , I don't see Watt being considered. A few seasons Troy was the best player hands down, every team had to account for him in their plan, he made huge plays that turned games, and we were champions because of it. Watt hasn't elevated the play of that defense .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HollywoodSteel
12-29-2014, 08:56 PM
I think that the league generally hates to give the MVP to a defensive player, especially when that team didn't make the playoffs. I didn't look it up but I'm going to guess that the year Lawrence Taylor won it (is he the only one to ever win it?) that team went to the Super Bowl. If not, they surely went to the playoffs and LT was really the most valuable player on that team. He affected other team's offensive coordinators like no one else maybe ever. As good as Watt is, he doesn't have that kind of impact on the league (or get the kind of press LT got).

The only thing he does have going for him, as someone else pointed out, is that no QB really separated himself that much from the others. I guess most people would argue that Aaron Rogers was the most important for his team, but do the Patriots, Broncos or Steelers really have a chance in hell in any game without their starting QB? Not likely.

So if you can't single out a QB maybe got to a RB, and Demarco Murray is always the first guy mentioned, but is he that much more important to the Cowboys than Bell is to the Steelers? Not really. Plus he had the best O-line in the league. If you could give an MVP to a whole unit those would be the guys that get my vote.

So I guess it's possible that all those offensive guys canceling each other out gives Watt a chance. Plus I can see people thinking he's the cool and edgy choice.

But in my opinion the MVP shouldn't be given out until after the Super Bowl. I don't remember who got the MVP for the '08 season, but whoever it was, how can you say that guy was more valuable than Ben? Regardless of statistics. Ben came through when he absolutely had to (in the season, the playoffs, and in the Super Bowl) with a really bad O-line. How is that not more valuable than anyone else in the league?

thesteelerdealer
12-29-2014, 09:02 PM
If Troy has never been seriously considered , I don't see Watt being considered. A few seasons Troy was the best player hands down, every team had to account for him in their plan, he made huge plays that turned games, and we were champions because of it. Watt hasn't elevated the play of that defense .

True that. Also, if Reggie White didn't even get considered for the award back in 1987, then how can Watt be laughingly considered now ? And JJ Watt is not even a PIMPLE on Reggie White's ASS!! I mean White had 21 Sacks, and 100 + tackles in 12 games!! ( 12 people )...White was the most unstoppable SOB as a DE I ever saw play.

86WARD
12-29-2014, 09:03 PM
Did JJ get his team to the playoffs ?..Nope. Did he lead them to even a top-5 Defense ?...Nope. Yeah...great Difference maker there.

Clearly you haven't watched Watt play as he's nothing but a "difference maker" in Houston. Just his Week 17 performance alone versus the Jaguars showed he's a difference maker. Lol. Let me know when your done trolling...

HollywoodSteel
12-29-2014, 09:07 PM
But, like someone else said "valuable" is kind of a vague term and can mean different things to different people. Football is such a team sport like no other that it becomes really subjective. It's not really an award worth caring about EXCEPT that at the end of Ben's career if anyone isn't sure if he should be inducted into the HOF an MVP season looks nice on paper. Along with (at least) 2 Rings and (at least) three trips to the Super Bowl, that extra stat could sway some sportswriter. Remember, when Ben's name comes up for consideration he will have some hurdles to overcome in some people's minds.

But a couple more seasons like this one and/or another ring, and you can't possibly justify keeping Ben out. The reason I think 2 rings might not be enough on their own is if Eli's career ends today, is he getting in based on his 2 rings? I really don't think so. And he has put up some big numbers to boot.

thesteelerdealer
12-29-2014, 09:07 PM
Clearly you haven't watched Watt play as he's nothing but a "difference maker" in Houston. Just his Week 17 performance alone versus the Jaguars showed he's a difference maker. Lol. Let me know when your done trolling...

He Dominated the JAGUARS Offensive unit ?....The JAGUARS! I mean seriously, do you even hear yourself think before you write down your posts ?

The F'ing Jaguars for Gods sake.!!

86WARD
12-29-2014, 09:08 PM
I think that the league generally hates to give the MVP to a defensive player, especially when that team didn't make the playoffs. I didn't look it up but I'm going to guess that the year Lawrence Taylor won it (is he the only one to ever win it?) that team went to the Super Bowl. If not, they surely went to the playoffs and LT was really the most valuable player on that team. He affected other team's offensive coordinators like no one else maybe ever. As good as Watt is, he doesn't have that kind of impact on the league (or get the kind of press LT got).

The only thing he does have going for him, as someone else pointed out, is that no QB really separated himself that much from the others. I guess most people would argue that Aaron Rogers was the most important for his team, but do the Patriots, Broncos or Steelers really have a chance in hell in any game without their starting QB? Not likely.

So if you can't single out a QB maybe got to a RB, and Demarco Murray is always the first guy mentioned, but is he that much more important to the Cowboys than Bell is to the Steelers? Not really. Plus he had the best O-line in the league. If you could give an MVP to a whole unit those would be the guys that get my vote.

So I guess it's possible that all those offensive guys canceling each other out gives Watt a chance. Plus I can see people thinking he's the cool and edgy choice.

But in my opinion the MVP shouldn't be given out until after the Super Bowl. I don't remember who got the MVP for the '08 season, but whoever it was, how can you say that guy was more valuable than Ben? Regardless of statistics. Ben came through when he absolutely had to (in the season, the playoffs, and in the Super Bowl) with a really bad O-line. How is that not more valuable than anyone else in the league?

Alan Page won MVP at some point as well.

During the Reggie White Era, Emmitt, Young, Favre...those were MVP winners at those times...to name a few.

86WARD
12-29-2014, 09:11 PM
He Dominated the JAGUARS Offensive unit ?....The JAGUARS! I mean seriously, do you even hear yourself think before you write down your posts ?

The F'ing Jaguars for Gods sake.!!

Just one example...and most recent. Pick any other game you want...

But for now, Name another player that had that kind of game against the Jaguars...go ahead...I mean it is the Jaguars. Then Please get a clue...just a little clue...okay? Think you could handle that?m I don't think you can Troll.

thesteelerdealer
12-29-2014, 09:14 PM
Alan Page won MVP at some point as well.

During the Reggie White Era, Emmitt, Young, Favre...those were MVP winners at those times...to name a few.

Really,,,,Emmit Smith and Bret Favre were MVP winners during what I sited as the 1987 Reggie White season...Dude, BOTH Emmit and Favre were not even INt he F'ing league in 1987. And what does that have to do with anything ? My point was that there have been many many Defensive players with way better seasons then JJ Watt had this season, and they never won MVP. You act as IF...the other players like Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo, Manning and Brady and BEN are nothing but SCRUBS, and that is why JJ Watt should get the award. I mean seriously....seek medication Immediately!!

86WARD
12-29-2014, 09:20 PM
Reading comprehension...not your strong suit.

Never did I say 1987. I said during the White era...point being...some pretty decent players during a Whites career won the MVP. First thing you can't comprehend.

Never did I say JJ Watt is a lock for the MVP. Never did I say he was my choice for MVP. He deserves to be in the conversation and has had one of the best seasons a defensive player has ever had...if he doesn't win it, a defensive player may never win it again. Second thing you can't comprehend.

Show me where I made an insinuation that Rodgers, Romo, Ben, Brady, etc...where scrubs?

Good imagination you have...lol. Quite entertaining.

thesteelerdealer
12-29-2014, 09:22 PM
Just one example...and most recent. Pick any other game you want...

But for now, Name another player that had that kind of game against the Jaguars...go ahead...I mean it is the Jaguars. Then Please get a clue...just a little clue...okay? Think you could handle that?m I don't think you can Troll.

Hmm, lets see, off the top of my head, how about former KC Chief " Derrick Thomas "...I mean a STUD if there ever was one. Ever hear of him ? I KNOW a lot of the older Steeler fans here like myself certainly do. Well in 1990, against a good Seattle team, I believe Thomas had .....16 tackles, 7 Sacks, forced 3 fumbles that day, recovering 2 of them, and had a pick-6 as well.

There, hows that ?

86WARD
12-29-2014, 09:23 PM
What's the point? Lol...I could name 15 defensive player as well. Lol. Thomas deserved to be in an MVP discussion as well...

HollywoodSteel
12-29-2014, 09:27 PM
True that. Also, if Reggie White didn't even get considered for the award back in 1987, then how can Watt be laughingly considered now ? And JJ Watt is not even a PIMPLE on Reggie White's ASS!! I mean White had 21 Sacks, and 100 + tackles in 12 games!! ( 12 people )...White was the most unstoppable SOB as a DE I ever saw play.

What makes you think White wasn't considered? And I think it's more than slightly wrong to say that "JJ Watt is not even a PIMPLE on Reggie White's ASS!!" White had a 1/2 more sack than Watt and Watt had 4 FF (White 0) and 5 fumble recoveries (White 1). And Watt broke White's record (set in 1991) for passes defended. Also White played in an era when it was just a wee bit easier to play defense. I'm not just talking about the rules. O-linemen are monsters these days and Watt dominates them all.

Don't get me wrong, Reggie White was one of the best ever, but to call Watt less than a pimple on his ass... well, you see what I'm saying.

Both guys great. Both guys should have been in the conversation. But in the end I doubt Watt will get the MVP either.

thesteelerdealer
12-29-2014, 09:32 PM
What's the point? Lol...I could name 15 defensive player as well. Lol. Thomas deserved to be in an MVP discussion as well...

You are right, Thomas was a stud, and deserved to be in MVP discussions back then, and maybe he was...that I do not remember. And I also think JJ Watt is a very good player. But he was not anywhere near as good a DL as White was, who was dominating his whole career. Or as Bruce Smith was. Or do you really think JJ Watt was ever as purely dominating as " Mean Joe Green was ? I mean c'mon dude. You're a good guy but seriously, JJ Watt for all his talent and ability is not a MVP Candidate.

- - - Updated - - -

What makes you think White wasn't considered? And I think it's more than slightly wrong to say that "JJ Watt is not even a PIMPLE on Reggie White's ASS!!" White had a 1/2 more sack than Watt and Watt had 4 FF (White 0) and 5 fumble recoveries (White 1). And Watt broke White's record (set in 1991) for passes defended. Also White played in an era when it was just a wee bit easier to play defense. I'm not just talking about the rules. O-linemen are monsters these days and Watt dominates them all.

Don't get me wrong, Reggie White was one of the best ever, but to call Watt less than a pimple on his ass... well, you see what I'm saying.

Both guys great. Both guys should have been in the conversation. But in the end I doubt Watt will get the MVP either.

Ahh...WRONG. White in 87 had 21 Sacks, and also had 4 FF.And he had like 17 more tackles then JJ, and in only 12 games as opposed to Watt's full 16 games. You must be a young puppy cause you clearly did not see White at his best as an Adult. Cause if you had, you wouldn't even be arguing JJ Watt and Reggie White as anything CLOSE to talent level.

bayz101
12-29-2014, 09:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3RXdj-aGW4#t=27

86WARD
12-29-2014, 09:37 PM
White, Taylor, Greene...has nothing to do with Watt being in the discussion for MVP...and yes...he does deserve to be in the conversation. Has any player ever recorded 20 sacks two seasons in a row? This season's final stats: 20.5 sacks, four forced fumbles, one interception, 59 solo tackles, a safety, two defensive touchdowns, and four receiving touchdowns. Lawrence Taylor (since you want to compare) had 20.5 sacks, no FF, no INT, no TDs. And before you say, but the Giants won the Super Bowl...look at the rosters...much different...lol. Watt totally deserves to be in the conversation...just like Taylor, White, Thomas, Greene, Sanders, Smith whomever else you want to add in there during their respective time periods.

steelreserve
12-29-2014, 09:40 PM

What hurts Ben's chances is that he would be bad PR at a time when the league is getting its ass kicked by women's rights activists, and domestic violence this, and sexual assault that. He'd have to blow away the closest competitor by 1,000 yards and 20 TDs to even come close to being considered, and even then I wouldn't be surprised if they just gave it to Manning.

The same thing happened to Kobe Bryant in the mid-2000s - there were at least two seasons when he could've been named MVP and one where he hands-down should've won it, but he was barely even mentioned as a candidate because of his ... stuff that happened.

"Oh hey Kobe, good to see you. Looks like you're dominating the shit out of everyone, but, eh ... you see, um ... well, nobody likes you. We'll just give this to Steve Nash again instead."

Shoes
12-29-2014, 09:43 PM
White and many others didn't have to play flag football as Watt does. I think it shows how special this kid is, with all the restrictions defensive players have to deal with today.

Butch
12-29-2014, 09:59 PM
My money is on Tom Terrific the press can't get enough of him.

I personally would give it to Watt, but I have already heard someone with a vote say he hasn't done enough and that his vote is going to marsha. I also cannot believe how the press lets it slip their minds that this guy benefitted from cheating early in his career and is still reaping those benefits. Let the media love fest with all things cheatriots continue.

As for Watt he is the defensive equivalent to Berry Sanders, Sweatness and Sayers. This award should be renamed to the Most Popular QB according to the press award. Nothing will be better than winning it all and knocking marsha on his ass along the way.

HollywoodSteel
12-29-2014, 09:59 PM
You are right, Thomas was a stud, and deserved to be in MVP discussions back then, and maybe he was...that I do not remember. And I also think JJ Watt is a very good player. But he was not anywhere near as good a DL as White was, who was dominating his whole career. Or as Bruce Smith was. Or do you really think JJ Watt was ever as purely dominating as " Mean Joe Green was ? I mean c'mon dude. You're a good guy but seriously, JJ Watt for all his talent and ability is not a MVP Candidate.

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh...WRONG. White in 87 had 21 Sacks, and also had 4 FF.And he had like 17 more tackles then JJ, and in only 12 games as opposed to Watt's full 16 games. You must be a young puppy cause you clearly did not see White at his best as an Adult. Cause if you had, you wouldn't even be arguing JJ Watt and Reggie White as anything CLOSE to talent level.

You know, I was just about to to put up a post defending you, but I can now see why you are being accused of being a troll by multiple people (whose opinions I respect very much). If I was mistaken about White's stats in one category it's because wikipedia is wrong. But why did you have to turn it personal when I was actually engaging you in polite debate and taking you seriously? I'm 42 and watched Reggie White play quite a bit. I said he was great, and he was. Certainly head and shoulders above the competition of his era. J.J. Watt is also great, but in the era of the offense. If you think Watt is less than a pimple on anyone's ass then you must be delusional and possibly senile. You've made it very clear that you are quite old.

So congrats, you managed to get under my skin as well everyone else's, so you can chalk up another point when you report back to your clan of the cave troll. Now you've got one less person on this board who is willing to engage with you in a polite manner. You can go to sleep happy.

thesteelerdealer
12-29-2014, 10:00 PM
White, Taylor, Greene...has nothing to do with Watt being in the discussion for MVP...and yes...he does deserve to be in the conversation. Has any player ever recorded 20 sacks two seasons in a row? This season's final stats: 20.5 sacks, four forced fumbles, one interception, 59 solo tackles, a safety, two defensive touchdowns, and four receiving touchdowns. Lawrence Taylor (since you want to compare) had 20.5 sacks, no FF, no INT, no TDs. And before you say, but the Giants won the Super Bowl...look at the rosters...much different...lol. Watt totally deserves to be in the conversation...just like Taylor, White, Thomas, Greene, Sanders, Smith whomever else you want to add in there during their respective time periods.

Check your facts Genius...JJ Watt has never had 20 sack seasons in a row either. :doh:

86WARD
12-29-2014, 10:06 PM
Check your facts Genius...JJ Watt has never had 20 sack seasons in a row either. :doh:

Meant 2 separate 20 sack seasons. Name another that's had two...??

He's had 50+ in the last three seasons.

Thanks for the compliment. Wish the same could be said about Trolls.

Butch
12-29-2014, 10:12 PM
You know, I was just about to to put up a post defending you, but I can now see why you are being accused of being a troll by multiple people (whose opinions I respect very much). If I was mistaken about White's stats in one category it's because wikipedia is wrong. But why did you have to turn it personal when I was actually engaging you in polite debate and taking you seriously? I'm 42 and watched Reggie White play quite a bit. I said he was great, and he was. Certainly head and shoulders above the competition of his era. J.J. Watt is also great, but in the era of the offense. If you think Watt is less than a pimple on anyone's ass then you must be delusional and possibly senile. You've made it very clear that you are quite old.

So congrats, you managed to get under my skin as well everyone else's, so you can chalk up another point when you report back to your clan of the cave troll. Now you've got one less person on this board who is willing to engage with you in a polite manner. You can go to sleep happy.

This is a classic example of a TROLL. He misrepresents facts and will flame anybody just to get a rise. He tries to use age as a qualifier, yet has said nothing to address when people call him out on his misrepresentations. Age is not a qualifier of anything other than your senior citizen discounts and being senile. I think it is safe to say he qualifies for the later.

As a wise man once told me..."Don't feed the Trolls!!!"

thesteelerdealer
12-29-2014, 10:13 PM
Meant 2 separate 20 sack seasons. Name another that's had two...??

He's had 50+ in the last three seasons.

Thanks for the compliment. Wish the same could be said about Trolls.

Who cares ? Watt's only job as a DE is to rush the passer. So he gets just over 1 sack in a game...so what ? A defensive End gets at least 35 to 40 attempts a game to rush a passer....so if that's mostly his responsibility...getting 20 sacks is not all that. And does not mean said player is a true difference maker.

86WARD
12-29-2014, 10:21 PM
Wrong again troll. He lines up all over...has done so his whole career. Not just at DE and if you knew anything, his job isn't only to rush the passer and if it's that easy, how come more DEs don't do it?? You know...20+ sacks? Interesting.

Here's just an idea for you...just to show you that you're wrong...again.

http://i.imgur.com/ESehq83.jpg

HollywoodSteel
12-29-2014, 10:23 PM
This is a classic example of a TROLL. He misrepresents facts and will flame anybody just to get a rise. He tries to use age as a qualifier, yet has said nothing to address when people call him out on his misrepresentations. Age is not a qualifier of anything other than your senior citizen discounts and being senile. I think it is safe to say he qualifies for the later.

As a wise man once told me..."Don't feed the Trolls!!!"

I think I might have said something like to you recently. :) Only I was also willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at the time. I will never question your wisdom again. Your Troll-dar is far sharper than mine.

T&B fan
12-29-2014, 10:24 PM
I vote for my man in Cleveland Johnny Manziel hes the best ,just ask him . and with the skill he showed in the 7Q he played .

HollywoodSteel
12-29-2014, 10:31 PM
Wrong again troll. He lines up all over...has done so his whole career. Not just at DE and if you knew anything, his job isn't only to rush the passer and if it's that easy, how come more DEs don't do it?? You know...20+ sacks? Interesting.

He didn't know that once a receiver catches a ball and starts to run he is considered a runner in this league, and all rules about hitting a runner now apply. Fine. An honest mistake that he should have politely admitted and retracted his statement. Instead he moved the goalposts to talk about diving at people's knees, as if he'd never made the error. But I'm the fool who was giving him the benefit of the doubt about being a potentially reasonable contributor to the board. Now all we're doing is talking about him and what bridge he might live under rather than discussing football.

So shame on all of us.

86WARD
12-29-2014, 10:33 PM
He didn't know that once a receiver catches a ball and starts to run he is considered a runner in this league, and all rules about hitting a runner now apply. Fine. An honest mistake that he should have politely admitted and retracted his statement. Instead he moved the goalposts to talk about diving at people's knees, as if he'd never made the error. But I'm the fool who was giving him the benefit of the doubt about being a potentially reasonable contributor to the board. Now all we're doing is talking about him and what bridge he might live under rather than discussing football.

So shame on all of us.

Good point.

thesteelerdealer
12-29-2014, 10:34 PM

http://i.imgur.com/ESehq83.jpg

The sacks are fine. But you act as if the Texans rather bad defensive rank is not important. I mean it's the same as Antonio Brown's current streak of 5 catches for 50 yards...I mean who cares ? You know how many times during that streak where Brown was basically contained the whole game ? Only to have the game basically decided, and then Ben and the offense throws 4 easy passes underneith the defense to get his 5 catches ? So in the end what does it matter ? It's a useless stat. What matters is whether we are winning, and what our record is. If Watt did what he has done, and made a Bad Houston team a winner, I would be right there with you....and I KNOW it's not all on Watt. But still, I have seen him plenty of times be totally Invisable in games. And I have never seen Reggie Whie or Derrick Thomas Invisable in any game they played in.

Butch
12-29-2014, 10:39 PM
I think I might have said something like to you recently. :) Only I was also willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at the time. I will never question your wisdom again. Your Troll-dar is far sharper than mine.

LOL yep that is the wise man of whom I speak. I also wanted to give benefit of doubt, but after a while you can get a jist of his posts are to flame, and he could not be bothered with facts he just wants to try to stir the pot.

I suspect from his posts that he is a rats fan his timing couldn't be better.

- - - Updated - - -

The sacks are fine. But you act as if the Texans rather bad defensive rank is not important. I mean it's the same as Antonio Brown's current streak of 5 catches for 50 yards...I mean who cares ? You know how many times during that streak where Brown was basically contained the whole game ? Only to have the game basically decided, and then Ben and the offense throws 4 easy passes underneith the defense to get his 5 catches ? So in the end what does it matter ? It's a useless stat. What matters is whether we are winning, and what our record is. If Watt did what he has done, and made a Bad Houston team a winner, I would be right there with you....and I KNOW it's not all on Watt. But still, I have seen him plenty of times be totally Invisable in games. And I have never seen Reggie Whie or Derrick Thomas Invisable in any game they played in.

I see said the blind man to his deaf son as he picked up his hammer and saw.

Count Steeler
12-30-2014, 05:34 PM

So shame on all of us.

Very steeldawgish.

polamalubeast
12-30-2014, 05:37 PM
Hmm, lets see, off the top of my head, how about former KC Chief " Derrick Thomas "...I mean a STUD if there ever was one. Ever hear of him ? I KNOW a lot of the older Steeler fans here like myself certainly do. Well in 1990, against a good Seattle team, I believe Thomas had .....16 tackles, 7 Sacks, forced 3 fumbles that day, recovering 2 of them, and had a pick-6 as well.

There, hows that ?

Not a difference maker since the chiefs have lost this game :ranger:

Psycho Ward 86
12-30-2014, 10:52 PM
how has this troll lasted 243 posts

Dwinsgames
12-30-2014, 10:57 PM
Very steeldawgish.

SPIKE

thesteelerdealer
12-30-2014, 10:59 PM
SPIKE

Dwin...did you get my private message ?

Dwinsgames
12-30-2014, 11:38 PM
Watt is as worthy of def player I have seen in my lifetime , he has had a season for the ages ... that being said this is now an offensive driven league and defense is minimized at every turn ( some will place higher emphasis on Watts season because of this ) while others totally will dismiss any player from that side of the ball from contention ...

but the purpose of this thread from the onset was to get people to take this to social media and make a stink over Ben not getting any recognition for the great year he has had , it will not get him the award but it should get some people talking anyways and he deserves to be in that conversation IMO

I see articles written By Gill Brandt calling for Romo for MVP contention , Bens season is much more worthy IMO ( basically 1,000 more passing yards than Romo ) TD/INT ratios basically the same , both have premier RBs at their disposal and highly thought of WRs .... so an apples to apples comparison

steel striker
12-31-2014, 09:12 AM
I think Ben should atleast be in the conversation for the MVP but, we all know better. Brady, Rodgers, Manning.

NCSteeler
12-31-2014, 09:30 AM
Watt is as worthy of def player I have seen in my lifetime , he has had a season for the ages ... that being said this is now an offensive driven league and defense is minimized at every turn ( some will place higher emphasis on Watts season because of this ) while others totally will dismiss any player from that side of the ball from contention ...

but the purpose of this thread from the onset was to get people to take this to social media and make a stink over Ben not getting any recognition for the great year he has had , it will not get him the award but it should get some people talking anyways and he deserves to be in that conversation IMO

I see articles written By Gill Brandt calling for Romo for MVP contention , Bens season is much more worthy IMO ( basically 1,000 more passing yards than Romo ) TD/INT ratios basically the same , both have premier RBs at their disposal and highly thought of WRs .... so an apples to apples comparison

Gil Brandt is a Cowboys homer. Only reason Romo would get any serious consideration is that he has so epically teased and failed in previous seasons.

Ben deserves serious consideration, but we all know it'll be Rodgers

86WARD
12-31-2014, 07:33 PM
Romo has a higher QB-Rating...that's why he gets any attention at all...and NCSteeler is right...Gil Brandt is the biggest Cowboys homer around.

Dwinsgames
01-01-2015, 07:13 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6TpmS0IYAAd0-h.jpg

thesteelerdealer
01-01-2015, 07:17 PM
Romo has a higher QB-Rating...that's why he gets any attention at all...and NCSteeler is right...Gil Brandt is the biggest Cowboys homer around.

I RESENT that statement!!!

http://i.minus.com/iuUpbS8trI2rN.gif