PDA

View Full Version : Game balls and goats, Stillerz/ Bengals

GoSlash27
12-28-2014, 10:32 PM
I have to give my game ball to Leveon Bell out of respect.

steelerdude15
12-28-2014, 10:33 PM
Has a nice ring to it huh?

Anyways, my game ball goes to Antonio.

dislocatedday
12-28-2014, 10:33 PM
AB gets the game ball from me (again).

tube517
12-28-2014, 10:34 PM
You're a good man, Antonio Brown. I'll give one to Blake and McCain for getting 3 turnovers. I don't care how "easy" those were. You have to capitalize on those.

steelerdude15
12-28-2014, 10:34 PM
Damn, your thread was posted a minute before mine. :chuckle:

Craic
12-28-2014, 10:35 PM
AB, Steelers Secondary, and a call out to Ben for playing sick and to Bell because he was having a good game.

Goat: More like a Goat of the Moment a few times. Ben got one for the INT, and also for letting a running play go when the box was stacked and AB was singled down low. But that's getting picky.

steelerdude15
12-28-2014, 10:37 PM
By the way, AFC North Champion gear is already up at the nfl shop.

stillers4me
12-28-2014, 10:37 PM
A B and Bruce McCain.

Psycho Ward 86
12-28-2014, 10:38 PM
Blake and McCain can share one. Honestly has to go to the defense as a whole though. Dalton was never comfortable, and everybody closed it down when it was crunch time. Cant wait for next week

86WARD
12-28-2014, 10:39 PM
Balls - Brown, Ben, Brice. Killer B's.

Goat - Tomlin. Fake punt...really?

GBMelBlount
12-28-2014, 10:42 PM
Ben for intestinal fortitude.

Brown for his clutch play & TD's.

The defense for making the difference.

thesteelerdealer
12-28-2014, 10:42 PM
What the Hell did Reggie Nelson say to Tomlin that got his so peed ?

Steelman
12-28-2014, 10:43 PM
Gotta give it to AB. Ben for sticking it out. Praying for Bell. McCain and Blake played very well.

Goats: Mike Tomlin and Brad Wing.

Steeldude
12-28-2014, 10:44 PM
Balls - Brown, Ben, Brice. Killer B's.

Goat - Tomlin. Fake punt...really?

Think about this way....the fake punt netted the same yardage as if Wing punted

NCSteeler
12-28-2014, 10:46 PM
The simple goat is mike Tomlin, for the fake punt, wth!
The game ball is a little harder, Antonio brown is right there, but McCain and Blake were a big part of the win

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GoSlash27
12-28-2014, 10:48 PM
The simple goat is mike Tomlin, for the fake punt, wth!
The game ball is a little harder, Antonio brown is right there, but McCain and Blake were a big part of the win

I stand by the fake punt. It was a good call IMO, even though it didn't work out.

thesteelerdealer
12-28-2014, 10:51 PM
I stand by the fake punt. It was a good call IMO, even though it didn't work out.

Then you are Alone. Cause it was the most IDIOTIC Decision ever. I mean if you wanna be aggressive, then be aggressive. But do it on a regular 4th down play. Cause that WAS Dumb!

tube517
12-28-2014, 10:52 PM
What the Hell did Reggie Nelson say to Tomlin that got his so peed ?

In the press conference, Tomlin said Reggie was told by one of his teammates that Tomlin said something about Nelson. Tomlin said it was untrue. "He said, she said". Tomlin said it was a legal hit.

thesteelerdealer
12-28-2014, 10:56 PM
In the press conference, Tomlin said Reggie was told by one of his teammates that Tomlin said something about Nelson. Tomlin said it was untrue. "He said, she said". Tomlin said it was a legal hit.

Legal ? Looked like he aimed right for Bell's knee. I must have missed something cause I thought that was Illegal. But hey, what do I know.

zulater
12-28-2014, 10:58 PM
Game ball: Ben for playing though illness and early dropsies by Miller and Brown. Antonio Brown for two touchdowns. Goats: Tomlin bizarre fake punt. Haley : Empty back set every play inside the red zone when you had time and time-outs.

SteelerFanInStl
12-28-2014, 11:00 PM
Legal ? Looked like he aimed right for Bell's knee. I must have missed something cause I thought that was Illegal. But hey, what do I know.
It wasn't illegal but IMO it was dirty. He aimed for the knee. Lots of other places he could have hit him.

tube517
12-28-2014, 11:01 PM

Yes, legal. You or me or anyone else may not like it but it's legal.

thesteelerdealer
12-28-2014, 11:02 PM
It wasn't illegal but IMO it was dirty. He aimed for the knee. Lots of other places he could have hit him.

He was up in the air, sorry but it was 100 % Illegal, and he could have easily hit Bell in the mid section, and he would have went down. Bell was not on the ground running straight ahead. He WAS a Unprotected WR there.

Shoes
12-28-2014, 11:04 PM

:chuckle:

fansince'76
12-28-2014, 11:06 PM
Blake. His strip of AJ Green and recovery of the fumble saved our ass.

Shoes
12-28-2014, 11:06 PM
AB, Steelers Secondary, and a call out to Ben for playing sick and to Bell because he was having a good game.

Goat: More like a Goat of the Moment a few times. Ben got one for the INT, and also for letting a running play go when the box was stacked and AB was singled down low. But that's getting picky.

Agreed, with the addition of the fake punt on the goat list.

Devilsdancefloor
12-28-2014, 11:11 PM
Ball: Carnell Lake & the secondary

Goat: fake punt wing shoud vvae just pooched it

86WARD
12-28-2014, 11:12 PM

Touché.

86WARD
12-28-2014, 11:14 PM
He was up in the air, sorry but it was 100 % Illegal, and he could have easily hit Bell in the mid section, and he would have went down. Bell was not on the ground running straight ahead. He WAS a Unprotected WR there.

Not more unprotected than Miller was in the endzone. Where's all the bitching about that hit? I think people are bitching more at the result than the actual hit...

Merchant
12-28-2014, 11:17 PM
Game Ball: Antonio Brown. The man is money as always. I hope he comments on what happened on his TD where Bryant basically ran into him - that was bizarre. Probably just a rookie getting overly excited.

Goat: Brad Wing. I actually loved the call to go for the fake punt, but the execution was laughable.

fansince'76
12-28-2014, 11:18 PM
Not more unprotected than Miller was in the endzone. Where's all the bitching about that hit? I think people are bitching more at the result than the actual hit...

Agreed. I'm just thankful his leg wasn't planted at the time of the hit, because if it was, he'd be looking at a career-jeopardizing injury.

zulater
12-28-2014, 11:29 PM
Special game ball to our super moderator XT for correctly predicting an 11-5 season for the Steelers, and standing fast with that prediction at each and everyone of the seasons worst moments. Lose to the Browns, season at 3-3 and most of us expecting the worst. :frusty: Never wavered. Lose to the God's awful Jets. Stood strong. Lose to the Saints leaving a run the table scenario as your only recourse to 11 wins. Again stayed the course! Well done! :applaudit:

Shoes
12-28-2014, 11:33 PM
One more game ball for Munch.

steelreserve
12-28-2014, 11:37 PM
Ball: Brown, McCain. Four real game-changing plays between them.

Goat: Archer because he sucks. Landry Jones for continuing to "Duce" a roster spot.

Hawkman
12-28-2014, 11:40 PM

It was a "legal" hit. As much as I want to call it otherwise......there will be no fine.

X-Terminator
12-29-2014, 12:09 AM
Special game ball to our super moderator XT for correctly predicting an 11-5 season for the Steelers, and standing fast with that prediction at each and everyone of the seasons worst moments. Lose to the Browns, season at 3-3 and most of us expecting the worst. :frusty: Never wavered. Lose to the God's awful Jets. Stood strong. Lose to the Saints leaving a run the table scenario as your only recourse to 11 wins. Again stayed the course! Well done! :applaudit:

Well, actually I predicted 10-6 and stuck with that all season long, but I'll accept the pat on the back nonetheless :chuckle: I just saw no reason for abandoning ship even after those bad losses, because I felt that as long as the Steelers had The Triad (Bell, Brown and Ben), they had a chance to win every single game despite the awful defense much of the season.

Craic
12-29-2014, 10:01 AM
Game Ball: Antonio Brown. The man is money as always. I hope he comments on what happened on his TD where Bryant basically ran into him - that was bizarre. Probably just a rookie getting overly excited.

Goat: Brad Wing. I actually loved the call to go for the fake punt, but the execution was laughable.

I wondered about that as well. And, I like Tomlin's idea of being aggressive. His reasoning was pretty good too. He said his defense had been on the field for quite some time and he was worried they were tired. So, they went for the fake to try and keep them off the field.

But that execution. Sheesh! Special teams have been better this year than previously, but we suck at fake punts.

ursuchawhiner
12-29-2014, 10:13 AM
If Le Veon can't play next week ! How about a Ray rice in a steeler's uniform ?[emoji458]

Steelman
12-29-2014, 10:20 AM
If Le Veon can't play next week ! How about a Ray rice in a steeler's uniform ?[emoji458]

http://wnst.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/ricetowel-4_3_r560.jpg

But I guess we could give him Blount's jersey...

ursuchawhiner
12-29-2014, 10:43 AM
[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] good one !!!! STEELMAN

tube517
12-29-2014, 11:44 AM
I wondered about that as well. And, I like Tomlin's idea of being aggressive. His reasoning was pretty good too. He said his defense had been on the field for quite some time and he was worried they were tired. So, they went for the fake to try and keep them off the field.

But that execution. Sheesh! Special teams have been better this year than previously, but we suck at fake punts.

Robert Golden > Brad Wingberger at QB