PDA

View Full Version : Steelers safety Troy Polamalu living in the moment as career winds down

Lady Steel
12-27-2014, 11:56 PM
Tonight might be the last home game for the Steelers great. But he's not looking back -- or forward

The gray is the giveaway. It is in the man’s beard and famous hair, which has sold countless bottles of shampoo. Steelers safety Troy Polamalu isn’t as young as he used to be. Tonight’s game against the Cincinnati Bengals could be his final game at Heinz Field. This season likely is his final NFL season.

Mr. Polamalu won’t confirm any retirement plans. “It’s hard to talk years when you live day to day. That’s the thing football has taught me more than anything. Anybody who’s ever tried to make plans with me understands that. If you want to meet me in two weeks for lunch, I’m not making those plans. I live day to day. I’m not going to plan for our playoff game [next weekend] because I don’t know what’s going to happen to me this week. I respect time. I respect life enough not to make those plans.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2014/12/28/Pittsburgh-Steelers-safety-Troy-Polamalu-living-in-the-moment/stories/201412280091

Merchant
12-28-2014, 12:24 AM
It's so gut-wrenching to watch a legend on his last legs. Troy will be probably end up being my favorite player of all time. How cool would it be if he gathered up all of his remaining magic into one last deep push into the playoffs? I just want to see him time the snap and leap over the O-Line one. last. time.

86WARD
12-28-2014, 12:43 PM
I love Polamalu and would like to see him play, but his play has been terrible and he's been a liability being out there...I'd rather see him on the bench at this point and it makes me sad to think that.

thesteelerdealer
12-28-2014, 12:54 PM
I hate to say this but, I know Troy is older, and has had injury issues. But I also feel that Troy has not been very professional the past couple of seasons as it goes to his conditioning. I always thought he looked a bit bigger on TV since the start of last season, and I was right cause both Scott Brown and Ed Bouchette said that Troy has been playing at over 235lbs since late 2012/2013 til now. Apparently this has been addressed to him as well...but the coaching staff refuses to suspend Troy for it.

Ed Bouchette said in a tweet that Troy has been to too many Luau's.

Renegade
12-28-2014, 03:29 PM
the steelers to win the superbowl for troy!

steelerdude15
12-28-2014, 06:29 PM

And Ike, James, and Brett.

86WARD
12-28-2014, 06:30 PM

Good idea!

Lady Steel
12-29-2014, 01:13 AM
I think that's exactly what they're playing for. :cheer2:

steel striker
12-29-2014, 02:55 PM
I love Troy as well and, it has been great to watch him the last 12 years. I don't think we will ever see another player quite like Troy and, that's right let's win the hole freaking thing!

thesteelerdealer
12-29-2014, 03:00 PM
What is Troy's current health status ? I ask cause if he is ready to play this weekend, does Tomlin upset the current Apple cart and play him ? Cause in games past, Troy bouncing all over the Line of scrimmage has always given Joe Flacco fits. So for that reason...you think Tomlin starts him ?