PDA

View Full Version : League Admits Steelers CB William Gay Shouldn’t Have Been Flagged For Taunting

polamalubeast
12-27-2014, 10:46 AM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/12/league-admits-steelers-cb-william-gay-shouldnt-flagged-taunting/

fansince'76
12-27-2014, 11:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpnmrHKoCvk&feature=youtu.be

Merchant
12-27-2014, 11:37 AM
What's done is done and can't be undone. At least they admitted it, and we still won, so no harm done.

fansince'76
12-27-2014, 11:39 AM
What's done is done and can't be undone. At least they admitted it, and we still won, so no harm done.

Only problem is this, and the horrible call against Worilds in the Falcons game both led directly to points for the other team. I think our defense gives up enough points all on its own without bad calls extending drives for opposing teams.

st33lersguy
12-27-2014, 11:43 AM
Took those morons 6 days to admit that call was wrong

Count Steeler
12-27-2014, 02:59 PM
So what corrective action was taken against the ref?

Merchant
12-27-2014, 03:21 PM
So what corrective action was taken against the ref?

He was sentenced to one-week solitary confinement at the NFL's ministry of discipline + 50 paddles on the bum.

thesteelerdealer
12-27-2014, 07:36 PM
I think it was a horrible call as well. But I also think that Gay was right, why even put the team into a possibly bad situation with a gesture like that. Same with Antonio. I mean I Love the guy. Great great player. But I wish he could be more like Hines Ward after a ordinary catch for a 1st down. Just hand the ball off to the Ref and return to the huddle. But all these guys whp extend their arm out as to say 1st down, then drop the ball...I mean it's just childish to me.

ALLD
12-27-2014, 10:57 PM
Act like you been there before and none of the flags will be a concern.

Merchant
12-28-2014, 12:05 AM
Act like you been there before and none of the flags will be a concern.

But at the same time you can't take all of the emotion out of the game. They're not robots. Players should be allowed to express themselves after making a big play, as long as it's with their own teammates.

tube517
12-28-2014, 09:47 AM
I think it was a horrible call as well. But I also think that Gay was right, why even put the team into a possibly bad situation with a gesture like that. Same with Antonio. I mean I Love the guy. Great great player. But I wish he could be more like Hines Ward after a ordinary catch for a 1st down. Just hand the ball off to the Ref and return to the huddle. But all these guys whp extend their arm out as to say 1st down, then drop the ball...I mean it's just childish to me.

You mean Heath Miller.

Hines did the first down gesture plenty of times.

Moose
12-28-2014, 10:00 AM
When are 'they' going to be accountable for 'their' mistakes ? Bullshi't

stillers4me
12-28-2014, 10:03 AM
AB still makes a small gesture out of the 1st down, but it does seem more subdued than he used to do. Babysteps.

Steeldude
12-28-2014, 03:34 PM

Agreed. Unfortunately, today's athletes are all about themselves.

X-Terminator
12-28-2014, 04:19 PM
*Sighs*

Nevermind. I was going to say something about all of this hand-wringing over players celebrating or whatnot, but forget it. Waste of time.

Carry on.