PDA

View Full Version : Roster moves: Release Williams; Re-sign Stewart

xX-TSK-Xx
08-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Steelers Re-Sign Stewart; Release Williams

The Steelers re-signed long snapper/linebacker Matt Stewart to their preseason roster, the team announced today. Financial terms of the one-year deal were not released.

Stewart (6-3, 236) signed with the Steelers this year as a free agent on June 7, but was released on July 30. He was originally drafted as a linebacker by the Atlanta Falcons in the fourth round of the 2001 NFL Draft out of Vanderbilt.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Re-Sign-Stewart-Release-Williams/f3ab785e-f397-44b0-8e21-1e6fd10813b9

Weird time to sign a long snapper. I wonder if Warren is injured again.

LLT
08-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Just to keep things straight....Wide receiver Isaiah Williams was the one cut ...not Linebacker Renauld Williams. I know...I know....."like it matters".

Just letting those who are keeping track...know who is still on the roster.

xX-TSK-Xx
08-23-2010, 01:04 PM
Just to keep things straight....Wide receiver Isaiah Williams was the one cut ...not Linebacker Renauld Williams. I know...I know....."like it matters".

Yeah. I probably should have clarified that. Thanks LLT

SteelerSal
08-23-2010, 01:10 PM

Isaiah Williams was cut?? Damn I was hoping he would of made the 53. Looks like Hine's is gonna waste a roster spot for another year now.:dance:

LLT
08-23-2010, 01:19 PM
Yeah. I probably should have clarified that. Thanks LLT

No problem...(I actually had forgotten Isaiah Williams was even ON the roster)

LLT
08-23-2010, 01:22 PM
Isaiah Williams was cut?? Damn I was hoping he would of made the 53. Looks like Hine's is gonna waste a roster spot for another year now.:dance:

:chuckle:

Chidi29
08-23-2010, 03:40 PM
No problem...(I actually had forgotten Isaiah Williams was even ON the roster)

Hadn't played a snap in either game.

Craic
08-23-2010, 03:46 PM

:buttkick:

:chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-23-2010, 05:45 PM
I was thinking Renaud Williams looked like he had a shot to be the 9th LB. Its either him or Sylvester IMO.

Chidi29
08-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Weird time to sign a long snapper. I wonder if Warren is injured again.

Is it safe to assume a knee is more likely to experience more swelling coming off a torn ACL?

SteelerFanInStl
08-23-2010, 08:09 PM
I was thinking Renaud Williams looked like he had a shot to be the 9th LB. Its either him or Sylvester IMO.

I don't think he has a prayer against Sylvester.

Galax Steeler
08-24-2010, 03:20 AM
Sylvester has been looking pretty impressive we should be set at linebacker for a few years with what we have and the up and coming rookies.

SirHulka
08-24-2010, 03:52 AM
Sylvester has been looking pretty impressive we should be set at linebacker for a few years with what we have and the up and coming rookies.

Now if you can only get your problems fixed at OL, DB, ST, and possibly WR, you'll be OK.

(Oh, and hope that Smith and Polamalu last an entire year, too)