PDA

View Full Version : Munchak Makes A Difference

GBMelBlount
12-26-2014, 02:07 PM
Steelers coaches take blame after losses, but are not often applauded for wins. Mike Munchak deserve recognition for the difference in the offensive line.

I think team chemistry makes a difference between a winning season and a losing season. It is one of the intangibles that you have a hard time putting your finger on. How many times have you looked at a team and thought they had all the pieces but something was missing because the team just seemed to under-perform? The Steelers have been in that boat recently.

When coaches and players come and go, it can take time for the team to “gel.” I’ve seem this in non-sports situations and I think it is even more of an issue in a sports team.

For several years, anyone could point to the Steelers offensive line as one area that needed help. Injuries constantly took a toll and there were weeks when you may not recognize a few of the linemen in front of Roethlisberger.

http://www.chatsports.com/pittsburgh-steelers/a/Steelers-Coaching-Munchak-Makes-A-Difference-2-10922858

ALLD
12-26-2014, 04:28 PM
WE have been screaming for them to fix the OL since 2009. Haven't had a real one since 2005 which was very good.

tube517
12-26-2014, 06:33 PM
Munch has been a huge addition this year. I hope he stays a long time but that is wishful thinking

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

86WARD
12-26-2014, 06:39 PM
Munch could be in the running for team MVP as well...

GBMelBlount
12-26-2014, 07:36 PM
Munch could be in the running for team MVP as well...

The line also played well the 2nd half of last year. I think we averaged 30 ppg.

steelreserve
12-27-2014, 11:37 PM
I really hope they can convince him to stick around at least one more season. Otherwise that would be such a tease.