PDA

View Full Version : Dick LeBeau optimistic about Troy Polamalu, Ike Taylor playing Sunday

polamalubeast
12-24-2014, 03:50 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/11564/dick-lebeau-optimistic-about-troy-polamalu-and-ike-taylor-playing-sunday

fansince'76
12-24-2014, 04:26 PM
Great - another 200+ yards for AJ Green...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxQHiKlgEhk

Count Steeler
12-24-2014, 04:34 PM
And a 25 yard TD run by Opie.

fansince'76
12-24-2014, 04:37 PM
And a 25 yard TD run by Opie.

Untouched.

Edman
12-24-2014, 04:46 PM
So strange. Never before has players returning from injury ever constituted as bad news.

fansince'76
12-24-2014, 04:57 PM
So strange. Never before has players returning from injury ever constituted as bad news.

It wouldn't be if Tomlin and LeBeau didn't have the Cowher-esque compulsion to start Ike (especially) out of a misplaced sense of loyalty when the team would be much better served by continuing to start a younger and more effective player.

Anybody else notice how Green didn't do squat in the rest of that game I linked the above clip from after Ike went out?

Don't get me wrong, I love Ike, but he needs to be riding pine from here on out, unless there's an injury to McCain.

Moose
12-24-2014, 05:34 PM
But if Ike doesn't play then who will chase the opponent's receiver into the end zone ? ( smirk smirk)

tube517
12-24-2014, 06:01 PM
We will set a record for missed tackles in a game

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

zulater
12-24-2014, 06:41 PM
It wouldn't be if Tomlin and LeBeau didn't have the Cowher-esque compulsion to start Ike (especially) out of a misplaced sense of loyalty when the team would be much better served by continuing to start a younger and more effective player.

Anybody else notice how Green didn't do squat in the rest of that game I linked the above clip from after Ike went out?

Don't get me wrong, I love Ike, but he needs to be riding pine from here on out, unless there's an injury to McCain.

At this point I think Troy is nearly as bad as Ike. While I realize the Chiefs aren't a vertical passing team, I still think it's more than coincidental that Mike Mitchell had his best game by far as a Steeler when neither took the field the entire game.

Shoes
12-24-2014, 06:47 PM
Troy+Ike = One and done. No, there's no coaching problem!

steelreserve
12-24-2014, 07:14 PM
Ike needs to return from injury to go sit his ass straight down on the bench.

Edman
12-24-2014, 07:43 PM
If Troy and/or Ike see the field for any amount of time, the Steelers are fucked. They may as well just play 9 guys on Defense. Troy is nowhere near 100% and Ike...well we all know by now. He hasn't played well all year and Howdy Doody scorched both of them in the last game.

Playing them now will do absolutely nothing for the Defense. It's sad to see this happen to such strong contributors to those Steelers SB teams of the 2000's, but it's not 2008 anymore, it's 2014. The Defense doesn't miss a beat, in fact, it's improved with them out.

st33lersguy
12-24-2014, 10:38 PM

Even stranger when one of those players is a top 10 all-time Steeler and a future hall of famer and the other is a player who carved out an impressive career himself. It is actually quite sad. Not to long ago these two missing injury would have been a legitimate reason to hit the panic button.

NCSteeler
12-24-2014, 11:17 PM
Ike might be able to play safety, I don't see Troy doing anything positive at this point. His tackling has become terrible and his angle to the ball is a mess

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edman
12-25-2014, 10:59 AM
Even stranger when one of those players is a top 10 all-time Steeler and a future hall of famer and the other is a player who carved out an impressive career himself. It is actually quite sad. Not to long ago these two missing injury would have been a legitimate reason to hit the panic button.

It's a sure sign that the power has definitely shifted within the Steelers team. Years ago, losing Troy Polamalu for any amount of time meant a very bad day was coming for the Steelers, on Defense in particular (2009). The Defense was just Average without Troy. Looking back, I have to say Troy alone really masked our weaknesses on Defense.

Yeah, this Defense isn't top-line anymore, but these guys don't blow leads for the Steelers.

Ever notice those dreaded fourth-quarter collapses have seemingly disappeared?

Now, the one player that if the Steelers lose, and are basically fucked without, is Ben Roethlisberger. Back then, we could lose Ben and be just okay, we wouldn't have a chance, but the Steelers would manage. Now, without Ben, they have NO chance.

MrPgh
12-25-2014, 05:32 PM
Ike might be able to play safety, I don't see Troy doing anything positive at this point. His tackling has become terrible and his angle to the ball is a mess

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ike doesn't strike me as having the intelligence to play safety.

HollywoodSteel
12-25-2014, 06:43 PM
Ike doesn't strike me as having the intelligence to play safety.

Or the hands or anything else that makes a good safety. Ike's greatest asset has always been his speed. Now that his speed is going, he has no other skills to rely upon. Some corners can make the transition to safety once they lose a step (like Rod Woodson) but that's only if they are bringing a hell of a lot more football ability than just speed.

Look at it this way, Troy is better than Ike at absolutely everything a safety does but even he is slipping with age. In what way is an old Ike better than an old Troy at safety?

I've always been a big Ike fan as well. He's been a great Steeler (even taking a pay cut for the sake of the team) but he just doesn't have the goods anymore. It makes me sad, but we are better without him. Maybe he can play nickel or something, but I do not want him matched up one on one with a vertical threat WR ever again.

steelerdude15
12-25-2014, 08:15 PM
Antwon Blake has played better then Ike has this year. Ike is done.

86WARD
12-26-2014, 01:19 AM
They are doomed if Ike gets back in there...

one side only
12-26-2014, 02:34 PM
Ike and Troy are both listed as questionable, although both are healthy enough to play. They are being held out, but listed on the injury report so they can save face.

GBMelBlount
12-26-2014, 02:45 PM
At this point I think Troy is nearly as bad as Ike.

While I realize the Chiefs aren't a vertical passing team, I still think it's more than coincidental that Mike Mitchell had his best game by far as a Steeler when neither took the field the entire game.

Good point.

Shoes
12-26-2014, 04:47 PM
Ike and Troy are both listed as questionable, although both are healthy enough to play. They are being held out, but listed on the injury report so they can save face.

Good, let them save face on the pine plank. Better to give these young guys the experience.

stillers4me
12-26-2014, 06:41 PM
They may see some game time.....it may the last game at Heinz Field for both of them.

Lady Steel
12-26-2014, 09:53 PM
I look for them to see some playing time, too, but this team isn't messin' around anymore. If they aren't playing satisfactorily, they will be yanked, and I'm fine with that.

one side only
12-26-2014, 10:21 PM
I look for them to see some playing time, too, but this team isn't messin' around anymore. If they aren't playing satisfactorily, they will be yanked, and I'm fine with that.

Not enough helmets to go around.

86WARD
12-27-2014, 05:04 AM

Will they get yanked though?!?

cold-hard-steel
12-27-2014, 07:06 AM
You guys are pretty tough on Troy and Ike . be gentle . WTF be slightly kind . They served us well,and if they can still add to the mix i'm sure they will be onthe field.Never heard of going down in a blaze of glory?All of our days will end at some point .Troy and Ike can trot on the field for how ever many plays they can muster up .When they do have an impact on the game i expect kinder more gentler things will be focused on .

one side only
12-27-2014, 09:23 AM
You guys are pretty tough on Troy and Ike . be gentle . WTF be slightly kind . They served us well,and if they can still add to the mix i'm sure they will be onthe field.Never heard of going down in a blaze of glory?All of our days will end at some point .Troy and Ike can trot on the field for how ever many plays they can muster up .When they do have an impact on the game i expect kinder more gentler things will be focused on .

Please identify the two healthy scratches that will sit so Troy and Ike can trot on to the field and then go out in a blaze of glory.

LLT
12-27-2014, 09:36 AM
But if Ike doesn't play then who will chase the opponent's receiver into the end zone ? ( smirk smirk)

After Gay gets his pick 6...he can spend the rest of the day doing just that. ;)

cold-hard-steel
12-27-2014, 10:21 AM
Please identify the two healthy scratches that will sit so Troy and Ike can trot on to the field and then go out in a blaze of glory.

Please be gentle. We are stronger at the broken spots.

cold-hard-steel
12-27-2014, 10:58 AM
Excuse me . You don't run Dicks defense so just why don't ya step off ! Whoa man i said it .

cold-hard-steel
12-27-2014, 11:08 AM
We jaw and argue till the day turns dark . At the end of it one of us is gonna be wrong. I jus hope it aint me.

Shoes
12-27-2014, 11:29 AM

I feel pretty confident Ike and Troys impact days are done and there won't be any *going down in a blaze of glory.* They served the Steelers well and made millions of dollars, now its time to hang it up. Maybe LeBeau can't face the facts because he's in the same boat.

Lady Steel
12-27-2014, 11:17 PM
Will they get yanked though?!?

If not, I'm leaving work, driving to Pittsburgh, cutting off their wanks with a dull knife, and putting them in a blender. :chuckle: