PDA

View Full Version : Bell: 'I am proud to be a Pittsburgh Steeler'

polamalubeast
12-23-2014, 04:46 PM
RB Le'Veon Bell's standout season didn't go unnoticed by teammates who voted him the team's MVP.
It was Christmas Eve 2013 when Le’Veon Bell stood in the Steelers media room accepting the team’s Joe Greene Great Performance Award, given to the organization’s rookie of the year.

At the time, he talked about wanting to improve.

“It means a lot to win this,” said Bell on Dec. 24, 2013. “It’s a great award. I am thankful for it. Hopefully I will continue to get better.”

On Tuesday, Bell stood in the same spot, this time because he accomplished what he set out to do this offseason. He got better. So good, in fact, that he was voted the team’s Most Valuable Player by his teammates.

“This award is something as a kid you always dreamt about, being the MVP of your team or one of the players your teammates call upon to be a playmaker and difference maker in a game,” said Bell. “I am so proud to be the MVP. But me being MVP is something I can’t do on my own. The MVP is an individual award, but it’s really a team award in my eyes. I can’t do it without my teammates. Guys deserve it as much as I do. I am just proud to be a Pittsburgh Steeler.”

read more

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Bell-I-am-proud-to-be-a-Pittsburgh-Steeler/58bee15e-9c2b-4dbf-a14d-22aefd6da6b6

fansince'76
12-23-2014, 04:54 PM
Please remember that at contract time, Le'Veon. :chuckle:

stillers4me
12-23-2014, 04:59 PM
Despite the hiccups, this has really been a great season. Winning feels sooooo good! I think the future is bright for our Pittsburgh Steelers!

steelreserve
12-23-2014, 05:02 PM

Funny thing you reminded me of: Bell has nearly as many receiving yards this season as Mike Wallace. It's within about 80 yards. I was laughing my ass off for a minute when I saw that.

fansince'76
12-23-2014, 05:05 PM
Funny thing you reminded me of: Bell has nearly as many receiving yards this season as Mike Wallace. It's within about 80 yards. I was laughing my ass off for a minute when I saw that.

And more TDs.

HollywoodSteel
12-23-2014, 05:26 PM

Of course as fans we want a friendly cap hit (and I know you're being tongue in cheek here), but honestly this kid deserves everything he's going to get. There's nothing not to like about him. Even after the really dumb weed incident, I heard him on the radio being interviewed by Steven A. Smith and everything he had to say sounded so real, humble, remorseful and unrehearsed (basically the opposite of both Rice and Peterson). You could feel what a good person and teammate he is. No football player is that good of an actor. Well, except maybe Alex Karras as Mongo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H3luguo8Nw

stillers4me
12-23-2014, 05:43 PM
I believe what we are witnessing the beginning of a new era for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Bell and AB have the "right stuff" to be Steelers for life......team first attitude, hard work ethic, and both are becoming beloved fan favorites.

Aside from Ben, the old regime and the last of the beloved vets will be gone next year, and the new stars are being "born". Are there some players on this team this year that will be Steelers for life? Did Hines pass the torch to AB? Who on the defense will be "the guys" for the future, who will James, Ike, Troy and Keisel pass their legacy to? I'm excited for the direction this team is going......hopefully we be able to add the pieces next year to polish up the rough edges of this defense and become a whole team that will be as feared and respected as Steeler teams in the past. (oh...and a punter, too :heh:)

Can't wait to find out! :applaudit:

86WARD
12-23-2014, 05:50 PM

My first thought as well.