PDA

View Full Version : Chargers,Ravens or Colts

polamalubeast
12-22-2014, 10:55 PM
It can be the chiefs or Texans but this is very unlikely....If the Steelers lose next week, it'll be the Colts on the road....If they win it will be the chargers if they win against the chiefs or the Ravens if they win against the browns and the chargers lose

Which scenario do you prefer?

st33lersguy
12-22-2014, 11:03 PM
I don't know, Chargers and Ravens are playing better than the Colts, but I don't like the idea of having to go to a slumping Indianapolis team after the Steelers laid a whooping on them in Pittsburgh earlier in the year. I think I would prefer the Ravens since the Steelers own a historical unbeaten streak against the rest of the division in the playoffs, Big Ben owns Average Joe in the playoffs, and I would love to see crybaby John lose to the black n gold in the playoffs

steel9guy
12-22-2014, 11:06 PM
I would love to play baltimore in theory but that is a major risk I believe to this young defense. I prefer to see San Diago out of any of them.

Shoes
12-22-2014, 11:11 PM
I thought the Rats were out of the picture if the Chargers beat the Chiefs?

polamalubeast
12-22-2014, 11:18 PM
I thought the Rats were out of the picture if the Chargers beat the Chiefs?

This is the case too

Psycho Ward 86
12-22-2014, 11:27 PM
It can be the chiefs or Texans but this is very unlikely....If the Steelers lose next week, it'll be the Colts on the road....If they win it will be the chargers if they win against the chiefs or the Ravens if they win against the browns and the chargers lose

Which scenario do you prefer?

fuck that shit. dont kid yourselves on the colts folks. they're still as dangerous as anybody. dont take one game too seriously. remember that we got beat by the bucs, jets, saints, and browns....3 of those we got HANDLED. And on the road? Dont even get me started.

andrew luck is the prototypical qb that can come back and win no matter how many points were up by.

And the ravens hate our guts way too much and that game will be too physical. we'll come out battered no matter the outcome.

I think with Mclendon healthy and Tuitt finally cemented as a starter we can keep their running game at bay really easily (29th in the NFL). And that means pinning our ears back and beating up Phillip Rivers all game with blitzes. Rivers is dealing with a bulging disc and might need offseason surgery. Im not saying injure the guy, but i think some nasty hits on him will make him hear foot steps and force him into quick decisions, neutralizing their deep ball.

Not sure if theres such thing as a match made in heaven in the playoffs, but i think this is as close as it gets. Give me the chargers at home if possible.

polamalubeast
12-22-2014, 11:31 PM
fuck that shit. dont kid yourselves on the colts folks. they're still as dangerous as anybody. dont take one game too seriously. remember that we got beat by the bucs, jets, saints, and browns....3 of those we got HANDLED. And on the road? Dont even get me started.

andrew luck is the prototypical qb that can come back and win no matter how many points were up by.

And the ravens hate our guts way too much and that game will be too physical. we'll come out battered no matter the outcome.

Give me the chargers at home if possible.

I just say that if the Steelers lose, they play against the Colts!

But, yes, the Colts are the weakest team of the 3 teams....For the past month, they are not very good and it includes Luck...I don't care if this game is on the road

Psycho Ward 86
12-22-2014, 11:37 PM

But, yes, the Colts are the weakest team of the 3 teams....For the past month, they are not very good and it includes Luck...I don't care if this game is on the road

i respectfully disagree. the kid is too tough and smart to let that continue imo. kid got absolutely destroyed with qb hits and hurries his rookie year and still played well. Luck received the most QB hits of anybody in the NFL last season. And he's still getting beat up pretty badly this season and still playing at a generally high level with no run game and a dramatically declining defense. He's exactly the kind of QB that can still kill our secondary even if he's getting abused. Rivers is a much better match up

HollywoodSteel
12-22-2014, 11:38 PM

I think with Mclendon healthy and Tuitt finally cemented as a starter we can keep their running game at bay really easily (29th in the NFL). And that means pinning our ears back and beating up Phillip Rivers all game with blitzes. Rivers is dealing with a bulging disc and might need offseason surgery. Im not saying injure the guy, but i think some nasty hits on him will make him hear foot steps and force him into quick decisions, neutralizing their deep ball.

Not sure if theres such thing as a match made in heaven in the playoffs, but i think this is as close as it gets. Give me the chargers at home if possible.

I agree with this 100%. I want the division and I want the Ravens watching the game from home, stewing in their own miserable failure when they had the easiest home stretch to the playoffs. That means bring on the Chargers! And if we can't beat a banged up Chargers team at home then we have no business going any further in the playoffs just to get embarrassed on the road at Denver or New England.

polamalubeast
12-22-2014, 11:40 PM
i respectfully disagree. the kid is too tough and smart to let that continue imo. kid got absolutely destroyed with qb hits and hurries his rookie year and still played well. Luck received the most QB hits of anybody in the NFL last season. And he's still getting beat up pretty badly this season and still playing at a generally high level with no run game and a dramatically declining defense. He's exactly the kind of QB that can still kill our secondary even if he's getting abused. Rivers is a much better match up

I have a great respect for Luck....But not for the rest of the team...Like you said,the colts have no defense and no run game

The chargers are a much better team with a very good QB too

vader29
12-22-2014, 11:45 PM
We have a great quarterback, a great running back, a great wide receiver and James Harrison on defense so I say bring on anyone. :tt03:

st33lersguy
12-22-2014, 11:47 PM

Yeah, what can also be mentioned is that Steelers won mainly due to a once in a lifetime perform by Roethlisberger after the defense got carved up by Luck. Don't bank on Ben having this same performance again (especially against the same team) and the pass defense will probably still get eaten alive by Luck (do note that while the front 7 sacked Smith 6 times the pass defense still surrendered over 300 yards passing against a Chiefs team whose best pass catcher may be Jamal Charles).

Lady Steel
12-22-2014, 11:53 PM
We have a great quarterback, a great running back, a great wide receiver and James Harrison on defense so I say bring on anyone. :tt03:

Yep, this is pretty much how I feel. We have no control over it, so que sera, sera.

Psycho Ward 86
12-22-2014, 11:54 PM
Yeah, what can also be mentioned is that Steelers won mainly due to a once in a lifetime perform by Roethlisberger after the defense got carved up by Luck. Don't bank on Ben having this same performance again (especially against the same team) and the pass defense will probably still get eaten alive by Luck (do note that while the front 7 sacked Smith 6 times the pass defense still surrendered over 300 yards passing against a Chiefs team whose best pass catcher may be Jamal Charles).

yup. ben's not going to play like that against the colts again. and his play also made our defense's job a lot easier. Luck still had a great game, and honestly had no business being able to stand let alone have a good game with the amount of hits he was taking. No one other than Aaron Rodgers and Ben could have possibly done what he did.

Luck is right up there in toughness with any player in the league.

86WARD
12-23-2014, 06:24 AM

Pretty much all season the Colts have been more hype than what they really are. Look at their schedule and any team worth anything beat them. Sure they beat up on the crappy teams...something the Steelers had trouble doing, but the good teams handed the Colts an L. Frauds.

zulater
12-23-2014, 08:00 AM
To hell with this shit. Looking at Denver last night is it totally unreasonable to believe they could succumb to the Raiders this coming Sunday? Were that to happen and we beat the Bengals that would give us a first round bye. Wouldn't it?

That's what I'm going for! :tt02:

tube517
12-23-2014, 08:03 AM
To hell with this shit. Looking at Denver last night is it totally unreasonable to believe they could succumb to the Raiders this coming Sunday? Were that to happen and we beat the Bengals that would give us a first round bye. Wouldn't it?

That's what I'm going for! :tt02:

No possibility for a bye for us. At best, we can get the 3rd seed by beating the Bungholes even if the Donkeys lose to the Raiders

zulater
12-23-2014, 08:08 AM
No possibility for a bye for us. At best, we can get the 3rd seed by beating the Bungholes even if the Donkeys lose to the Raiders

You still want the 3 seed then regardless of opponent. Because if you win then you go to Denver rather than New England. Right now I would like the Steelers chances going to Denver. It would really cleanse the palate of the Tim Tebow fiasco if you could go out there and beat a Peyton Manning led Bronco team.

polamalubeast
12-23-2014, 08:13 AM
You still want the 3 seed then regardless of opponent. Because if you win then you go to Denver rather than New England. Right now I would like the Steelers chances going to Denver. It would really cleanse the palate of the Tim Tebow fiasco if you could go out there and beat a Peyton Manning led Bronco team.

And Sanders would appear very badly if the Steelers would beat the Broncos because of his comments in training camp

But beating the Pats in their house would be an unbelievable feeling

zulater
12-23-2014, 08:21 AM
And Sanders would appear very badly if the Steelers would beat the Broncos because of his comments in training camp

But beating the Pats in their house would be an unbelievable feeling

Well you would probably get that chance the following week. And given that the Patriots twice beat the Steelers in Heinz field for the AFC championship how great would it be to turn it around on them and win in Gillete on the way to the way to the Super Bowl?! :tt02:

steelreserve
12-23-2014, 11:39 AM
I'd take the Chargers any day out of that group. They started the season on a roll but have been staggering around like a drunk for about the last 10 games of the season. It looks like that's who we're most likely to play in any case.

It's also pretty difficult to find a scenario in which the Ravens make it, which is a nice feeling.

That sums up my thoughts on the Colts. I don't like any game in which it's a virtual requirement that we score 35 points to even have a shot at winning. And since we've got such a fuckshit secondary, that means the Colts, Patriots, and the Broncos as long as Manning isn't busy choking to death (which is about 50-50 lately). If we play any of those teams, it's basically like we'll be spotting them two touchdowns. I'd rather things break our way to avoid that as much as possible.

st33lersguy
12-23-2014, 11:46 AM
It's also pretty difficult to find a scenario in which the Ravens make it, which is a nice feeling.

If they win and the Chargers lose to the Chiefs in Arrowhead, they are in

st33lersguy
12-23-2014, 12:03 PM
I am in the minority here, but San Diego will be a tough game against the Steelers. They are 4-2 with their only 2 losses coming against New England coming off a loss (a near impossible win) and Denver with their kicker missing 2 field goals. Also in Rivers last 2 road games he led double digit comeback victories and won shoot-outs against Baltimore and San Fran (both defenses are top 10 in total defense, top 12 in scoring defense and, both defenses surrendered the 2nd highest point total and highest home point total against San Diego).

polamalubeast
12-23-2014, 12:06 PM
I am in the minority here, but San Diego will be a tough game against the Steelers. They are 4-2 with their only 2 losses coming against New England coming off a loss (a near impossible win) and Denver with their kicker missing 2 field goals. Also in Rivers last 2 road games he led double digit comeback victories and won shoot-outs against Baltimore and San Fran (both defenses are top 10 in total defense, top 12 in scoring defense and, both defenses surrendered the 2nd highest point total and highest home point total against San Diego).

Agree with you....SD is very underrated in this forum

Psycho Ward 86
12-23-2014, 12:19 PM
If they win and the Chargers lose to the Chiefs in Arrowhead, they are in

Welp. To me that sounds like theyre in. Chiefs are 5-2 at Arrowhead so anything can happen I suppose.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much all season the Colts have been more hype than what they really are. Look at their schedule and any team worth anything beat them. Sure they beat up on the crappy teams...something the Steelers had trouble doing, but the good teams handed the Colts an L. Frauds.

id be terrified to put money on that

polamalubeast
12-23-2014, 12:20 PM
Welp. To me that sounds like theyre in. Chiefs are 5-2 at Arrowhead so anything can happen I suppose.

And the chargers have lost at home vs KC this year!

But i think the chargers will win this game

vader29
12-23-2014, 12:31 PM
So for Baltimore to get in, they need to win and the Chiefs to beat the Chargers, sounds a little bit familiar, wonder if the new Chiefs kicker has a game winning missed kick left for the final game of the regular season. :heh:

Count Steeler
12-23-2014, 12:58 PM
Bring it on!

Craic
12-23-2014, 01:03 PM
I'd say give us the best team. It's our best chance of winning. Thank God we don't have any sub-500 teams to play against in the AFC. If we make it to the Superbowl and end up playing against the NFC South, I'm worried.

NCSteeler
12-23-2014, 01:28 PM
I hate picking the poison. What I believe is that this team can beat anyone of the eight or so possibilities and they could also lose horribly at any moment . Glad we got in the show, it could be a wild ride or be dumped 1 second out of the shoot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

st33lersguy
12-23-2014, 02:06 PM
So for Baltimore to get in, they need to win at home against the Brownsand the Chiefs to beat the Chargers, sounds a little bit familiar, wonder if the new Chiefs kicker has a game winning missed kick left for the final game of the regular season. :heh:

Sounds even more familiar

ALLD
12-23-2014, 02:22 PM
"Schedules don't matter"

M. Tomlin, 2008

stillers4me
12-23-2014, 05:46 PM
Don't care....bring it!

86WARD
12-23-2014, 05:49 PM
I kinda just don't want to play the Chargers for some reason...I just feel like Antonio Gates would go ridiculous on the Steelers LBs and DBs.

Psycho Ward 86
12-23-2014, 06:02 PM
I kinda just don't want to play the Chargers for some reason...I just feel like Antonio Gates would go ridiculous on the Steelers LBs and DBs.

this defense has been seemingly indiscriminately porous to tight ends. regardless of how good they are

Moose
12-23-2014, 06:22 PM
Damn people....who the hell cares who the hell we play !? It's been proven already during the season that THIS team can beat a winning team and flop to a losing one. So does it really matter who we are playing ? You just never know what team in the Black/Gold shows up. It's just one of those things being after kick off, come back in a few hours and check score.

Psycho Ward 86
12-25-2014, 02:12 PM
so according to this theres actually a chance that we play the texans or chiefs again...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000449236/article/week-17-playoff-scenarios-cheat-sheet

polamalubeast
12-25-2014, 02:16 PM
so according to this theres actually a chance that we play the texans or chiefs again...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000449236/article/week-17-playoff-scenarios-cheat-sheet

Yes but I'll be shocked if the Ravens lose at home against the browns and their number 3 QB

I do not think Flacco is going to have its worst game of his life for a 2nd straight week too

tube517
12-25-2014, 03:16 PM

Very slim chance. Although if you are Lloyd Christmas, that's a big chance. :chuckle:

bendsteel
12-25-2014, 03:47 PM
I work w/ a big time Chargers fan and they are more than just banged up. They have a shit ton of injuries, missing starters etc. River is one good Harrison shot at sitting down. He`s worried about us. I can tell you that for sure.

HollywoodSteel
12-28-2014, 02:01 PM
I'm switching back and forth between the Chargers and Ravens game (in 3rd right now) and neither one of those teams deserves to be in the playoffs. However, I stand by my position that I'd much, much, much rather play the Chargers than Ravens. The Ravens are having a bad game, but I think a win here would charge them up and send them barreling into the playoffs at full force, especially against a division rival. The Chargers on the other hand look beat up and broken. If they manage to come back due to luck and some Rivers magic, it will not come with a battle cry but with a whimpering sigh of relief. They will be spent and beat to hell, traveling across the country to get destroyed by whomever they face.

I really hope it's us they face, but I don't feel good about the Chargers winning this game. I guess I'll have to pray that the Ravens continue to play bad and lose to the Browns, but I doubt they'll lose. The ball always bounces the Ravens way at the end of games and they will luck their way into the playoffs.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm switching back and forth between the Chargers and Ravens game (in 3rd right now) and neither one of those teams deserves to be in the playoffs. However, I stand by my position that I'd much, much, much rather play the Chargers than Ravens. The Ravens are having a bad game, but I think a win here would charge them up and send them barreling into the playoffs at full force, especially against a division rival. The Chargers on the other hand look beat up and broken. If they manage to come back due to luck and some Rivers magic, it will not come with a battle cry but with a whimpering sigh of relief. They will be spent and beat to hell, traveling across the country to get destroyed by whomever they face.

I really hope it's us they face, but I don't feel good about the Chargers winning this game. I guess I'll have to pray that the Ravens continue to play bad and lose to the Browns, but I doubt they'll lose. The ball always bounces the Ravens way at the end of games and they will luck their way into the playoffs.

I realize that if the Ravens and Chargers both lose we'll be playing a team that's better than either one of them, but I'd still rather the Ravens didn't make the playoffs. I'll take my chances at home (if we win the division, of course) against a better team. The Ravens play different against us, and they have been the scariest road playoff team in recent history, regardless of their talent.

HollywoodSteel
12-28-2014, 02:08 PM
The Chargers OC is either a total moron or there is something wrong with Rivers. We showed them how to beat the Chiefs. If the Chiefs can shut down our running game, they sure as hell can destroy the Chargers' run game, but at this point in the game Rivers has only attempted 9 passes (the last one on a 3rd and 20). Rivers on a good day could pick them apart, yet they are sticking with their pathetic ground game and their back up RB.

Rivers must be hurt or something. All the more reason I want to see them pull off some kind of miracle and come back against the Chiefs. Oh, and the Chargers D is getting picked apart by a backup QB. This can't be the Chargers team some of you don't want us to play.

Butch
12-28-2014, 02:13 PM

You beat me to it, and this is exactly the way I feel. Who care who we play we have to overcome them all to win #7. BELIEVE!!!

HollywoodSteel
12-28-2014, 02:24 PM
The Chargers OC continues to be an idiot. Rather than try a 52 yard FG, that was the perfect time to attempt a fake and try to pass for a first down. An incomplete pass would give the Chiefs worse field position than a missed FG. Now the Chiefs have great field position. The Chargers need to start playing like this game matters. Because it really does for them.

- - - Updated - - -

You beat me to it, and this is exactly the way I feel. Who care who we play we have to overcome them all to win #7. BELIEVE!!!

As I've said before, my rooting interests aren't PRIMARILY about getting the worse team. First and foremost I want to see the heartbreak on Harbaugh's face when they fail to make the playoffs. Him and his players "who get it."

I will never forget and I will never forgive.

Butch
12-28-2014, 02:27 PM
As I've said before, my rooting interests aren't PRIMARILY about getting the worse team. First and foremost I want to see the heartbreak on Harbaugh's face when they fail to make the playoffs. Him and his players "who get it."

I will never forget and I will never forgive.

Yep I agree, but I love it even more if we are the ones who put the heartbreak on their faces.

Moose
12-28-2014, 02:37 PM
Too damn much to figure out. I'm just doing the 1 game at a time thing. Kick the hell out of the bungholes tonight. If we are weak, pathetic and unprepared tonight....does it really matter whose next week ?

smokin3000gt
12-28-2014, 02:42 PM
Too damn much to figure out. I'm just doing the 1 game at a time thing. Kick the hell out of the bungholes tonight. If we are weak, pathetic and unprepared tonight....does it really matter whose next week ?

I don't think anyone is losing any sleep over who we play, rather just having a discussion as football season winds down and we are stuck talking about politics, draft picks, and firing Coach T.

HollywoodSteel
12-28-2014, 02:48 PM
I don't think anyone is losing any sleep over who we play, rather just having a discussion as football season winds down and we are stuck talking about politics, draft picks, and firing Coach T.

Yes. This exactly. I can't sleep all day so I might as well have some interesting things to root for until the Steelers game.

Doesn't really matter. Like I said, things (and calls or non-calls) seem to go the Ravens way no matter what. There was never any real hope of getting the Harbaugh look of misery that I'm after. It was too much to ask the Football Gods for.

Now the Ravens will go barreling into the playoffs like they did two years ago. On fire. I don't really expect that the Steelers will go to the Super Bowl this year, but if we lose to the Ravens it will matter to me. Maybe I'm just weird that way.

thesteelerdealer
12-28-2014, 02:55 PM
Baltimore is in the playoffs fans. And even though I will root for us tonight. I won't be upset at all if we lose. The Colts are a way better match-up for Pittsburgh then the Feared Ravens. No matter where the game is played.

HollywoodSteel
12-28-2014, 02:55 PM
Well, those of you who don't care, congratulations. Lucky you. You don't have to feel the swelling anger I have that the shitty Chiefs and lucky Ravens managed to make my blood boil as usual.

Butch
12-28-2014, 02:59 PM
Yes. This exactly. I can't sleep all day so I might as well have some interesting things to root for until the Steelers game.

Doesn't really matter. Like I said, things (and calls or non-calls) seem to go the Ravens way no matter what. There was never any real hope of getting the Harbaugh look of misery that I'm after. It was too much to ask the Football Gods for.

Now the Ravens will go barreling into the playoffs like they did two years ago. On fire. I don't really expect that the Steelers will go to the Super Bowl this year, but if we lose to the Ravens it will matter to me. Maybe I'm just weird that way.

And if they beat the rats wouldn't that be the football Gods giving you what you really want??? Hell it makes winning the Superbowl that much better when we beat the rats along the way. I would love for 3 AFC North teams to make it to the playoffs. Let us be the ones who put the misery on harbitch.

HollywoodSteel
12-28-2014, 02:59 PM
Baltimore is in the playoffs fans. And even though I will root for us tonight. I won't be upset at all if we lose. The Colts are a way better match-up for Pittsburgh then the Feared Ravens. No matter where the game is played.

Possibly, but I'll take a home game any time over a road game in the play offs. I'm sure there isn't a single member of the Steelers organization that will disagree with me on this. Except maybe the guys who have to get the field ready.

fansince'76
12-28-2014, 03:01 PM

Ravens troll pretending to be a Steelers fan. It's been done a million times before and a million times better...

HollywoodSteel
12-28-2014, 03:03 PM
And if they beat the rats wouldn't that be the football Gods giving you what you really want??? Hell it makes winning the Superbowl that much better when we beat the rats along the way. I would love for 3 AFC North teams to make it to the playoffs. Let us be the ones who put the misery on harbitch.

If we beat the Rats that would be great. But I'd still rather have had the Ravens not make it at all and we beat the Chargers. I want turmoil in the Ravens organization and among their fan base. Plus what if we lose to the Ravens? Won't you be thinking "I could maybe handle losing to any team but this lucky as bunch who backed their way in and get to rub our noses in it"? Plus playing the Ravens is always brutal. Even if we win the chances of us coming out with injuries are way higher than if we were to beat the Chargers.

I'm not trying to claim there is a right or wrong point of view on this. Just the way I feel.

thesteelerdealer
12-28-2014, 03:04 PM
Possibly, but I'll take a home game any time over a road game in the play offs. I'm sure there isn't a single member of the Steelers organization that will disagree with me on this. Except maybe the guys who have to get the field ready.

I'm sure all the players and people in the organization would prefer a Home game. But facts are facts...Baltimore is a better team then the Colts right now. The Colts have no run offense. Their Home field is better for our offense to operate better then in the cold, sludgy field of Pittsburgh. The Colts Defense is reeling right now, and they might have lost key WR Reggie Wayne today. Yes, I agree that everyone will want that 3rd seed and a Home game in round 1. But the better Match-up for us is still the Colts.

HollywoodSteel
12-28-2014, 03:05 PM
Ravens troll pretending to be a Steelers fan. It's been done a million times before and a million times better...

Are you sure? Even though I disagree with him on this, it doesn't necessarily scream "troll."

fansince'76
12-28-2014, 03:08 PM
Are you sure? Even though I disagree with him on this, it doesn't necessarily scream "troll."

Check out his handiwork in the Week 17 (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/21822-Week-17?p=467700&viewfull=1#post467700) thread.

The whole "25 playoff games (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/21822-Week-17?p=467664#post467664)" bit was the first clue...

Butch
12-28-2014, 03:14 PM
If we beat the Rats that would be great. But I'd still rather have had the Ravens not make it at all and we beat the Chargers. I want turmoil in the Ravens organization and among their fan base. Plus what if we lose to the Ravens? Won't you be thinking "I could maybe handle losing to any team but this lucky as bunch who backed their way in and get to rub our noses in it"? Plus playing the Ravens is always brutal. Even if we win the chances of us coming out with injuries are way higher than if we were to beat the Chargers.

I'm not trying to claim there is a right or wrong point of view on this. Just the way I feel.

I am worried for you my friend. Playing the rats always brings out the best in Ben. I can understand not wanting to play a bunch of pansies who would stoop at nothing to put a cheap shot on our players just to get a win. They are a bunch of thugs and are lead by another whiny ass harbitch. Let's see what the football gods have in the cards. I hate the rats as much as any Steeler fan, but I don't fear them. I relish playing them and ending their season.

thesteelerdealer
12-28-2014, 03:16 PM

Dude, I might take my fear of playing the Ratbirds too far yes, but TRUST me, I AIN'T no Ratbird fan. I go back as a Die Hard Steeler faithful longer then probably you do, or that other guy. Over 50 years. Been to 4 Super Bowls of ours. Have met so many of our players it's not funny, and, I actually live less then 1/2 mile from one of them..( Former Steeler WR, Charles Johnson, formerly of Colorado, and our Home city San Bernardino, CA )...So no matter what that other guy says, I AM a Steeler fan. And no matter who we play next weekend, I will be a cheering them on. Whether it be against the Colts, or that Dog Sh!t Ratbird team...I will forever be Steelers " Black & Gold "!!

Butch
12-28-2014, 03:17 PM
Check out his handiwork in the Week 17 (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/21822-Week-17?p=467700&viewfull=1#post467700) thread.

The whole "25 playoff games (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/21822-Week-17?p=467664#post467664)" bit was the first clue...

Also note the "fear flacco" B.S.

Merchant
12-28-2014, 03:18 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/b9/b9e4a50269593100cfdd3668638fb23a19ac3724c72634992b 10469502d2f07f.jpg

thesteelerdealer
12-28-2014, 03:22 PM
Also note the "fear flacco" B.S.

That was more " Tongue & Cheek " my friend then serious fear. You don't read " IRONY " very well. Maybe you should leave that to us Adults, okay ? My fear of Flacco per se is not Fear by him as much as it is our own coaching staff who I have seen many times after pounding on him through most of the game, all of a sudden stop coming with the constant earlier Pass pressure that was making Flacco look lost, only to come with 3 pass rushers, and play our DB's so far off the LOS that Flacco is just allowed to get into a passing Rhythm, and either come back to beat us, or at least make it a lot closer then it had to been. That is what I fear...not Flacco's skill as much as our past coaching stupidity when facing Flacco.

fansince'76
12-28-2014, 03:24 PM
Dude, give it up. You overplayed your hand. :coffee:

thesteelerdealer
12-28-2014, 03:36 PM
Dude, give it up. You overplayed your hand. :coffee:

Okay, if you think I am a Baltimore fan, and you are such a Steeler fan, maybe you can answer this simple Steeler trivia fact ?? If the Steelers win tonight, what will they have done that NO other NFL team in the History of the league has ever done before ?.....I am waiting Steeler fan.

HollywoodSteel
12-28-2014, 03:38 PM
I am worried for you my friend. Playing the rats always brings out the best in Ben. I can understand not wanting to play a bunch of pansies who would stoop at nothing to put a cheap shot on our players just to get a win. They are a bunch of thugs and are lead by another whiny ass harbitch. Let's see what the football gods have in the cards. I hate the rats as much as any Steeler fan, but I don't fear them. I relish playing them and ending their season.

I appreciate your worry and it is probably well deserved. I go kind of nuts when the world maneuvers every which way to help that smug SOB, Harbaugh. I'm guessing his post game speech won't have an ounce of humility or "we were bailed out but we'll take it" kind of thing. It will be cocky and annoying and full of praise for his "awesome" team that barely scratched out a 4th quarter win AT HOME against a nobody QB off the street, and backed in because that POS bunch of retards from San Diego that call themselves an NFL football team couldn't beat a backup QB with EVERYTHING ON THE LINE.

Oh and that TD that the Chargers got - that was called a TD on the field - that was overturned, could have changed the game and CHANGED EVERYTHING from that point on. And the overturn was total BS. There was not enough evidence to overturn it, especially in an important game like this.

I know what you're thinking: If the Ravens suck as bad as I'm saying, why not be thrilled to play them? Because THEY ARE LUCKY AS HELL, a totally different team against us, a totally different team in the playoffs, they will do everything to injure our players, especially Ben, (so even a win might be a loss) and the thought there's EVEN A CHANCE that those a-holes will be celebrating on our field makes me want to fill their gatorade bucket with acid.

Other than that, I'm feeling okay about it. :)

Butch
12-28-2014, 03:40 PM
That was more " Tongue & Cheek " my friend then serious fear. You don't read " IRONY " very well. Maybe you should leave that to us Adults, okay ? My fear of Flacco per se is not Fear by him as much as it is our own coaching staff who I have seen many times after pounding on him through most of the game, all of a sudden stop coming with the constant earlier Pass pressure that was making Flacco look lost, only to come with 3 pass rushers, and play our DB's so far off the LOS that Flacco is just allowed to get into a passing Rhythm, and either come back to beat us, or at least make it a lot closer then it had to been. That is what I fear...not Flacco's skill as much as our past coaching stupidity when facing Flacco.

Yes you are truly the adult here we all need to bow down to you because you have been for 4 Steeler Superbowls and have been a fan for 50 years. I am shocked that the front office hasn't hired you are such an authority on all things Steelers. My bad bro you are the almighty, the end all be all. Now if you could just remember to take those meds before you post on this forum.

thesteelerdealer
12-28-2014, 03:43 PM
I appreciate your worry and it is probably well deserved. I go kind of nuts when the world maneuvers every which way to help that smug SOB, Harbaugh. I'm guessing his post game speech won't have an ounce of humility or "we were bailed out but we'll take it" kind of thing. It will be cocky and annoying and full of praise for his "awesome" team that barely scratched out a 4th quarter win AT HOME against a nobody QB off the street, and backed in because that POS bunch of retards from San Diego that call themselves an NFL football team couldn't beat a backup QB with EVERYTHING ON THE LINE.

Oh and that TD that the Chargers got - that was called a TD on the field - that was overturned, could have changed the game and CHANGED EVERYTHING from that point on. And the overturn was total BS. There was not enough evidence to overturn it, especially in an important game like this.

I know what you're thinking: If the Ravens suck as bad as I'm saying, why not be thrilled to play them? Because THEY ARE LUCKY AS HELL, a totally different team against us, a totally different team in the playoffs, they will do everything to injure our players, especially Ben, (so even a win might be a loss) and the thought there's EVEN A CHANCE that those a-holes will be celebrating on our field makes me want to fill their gatorade bucket with acid.

And you know what ? If we do play them next weekend, you know who will be the steelers biggest fans ?....The New England Patriots! I mean talk about a team that has always given the Pats fits in the playoffs, it's the Ravens. Yes they can beat Baltimore. But it always seems like a tough game.

Hell the BEST thing might be to lose to Cincy tonight. That way Baltimore can out Cincy next weekend. Play the Pats in round 2, and maybe knock them out. While we get the Struggling Colts in round 1, and then the also struggling Broncos in round 2, and then maybe WE can Host those Same Ratbirds in Pittsburgh for the AFC Championship game ??? I like that scenario a lot more then a 1st round Match-up with them.

Butch
12-28-2014, 03:45 PM

Yeah I understand the whole thuggery thing, but I also like how when they try to hurt Ben he plays better. I also think that we are in their heads much more than the other way around.

I also can appreciate the unease you are feeling, but we aren't a push over either. Play the game and let the chips fall where they may.

As a Steeler fan just remember this. BELIEVE!!! This is how we roll!!!

HollywoodSteel
12-28-2014, 03:47 PM
Yes you are truly the adult here we all need to bow down to you because you have been for 4 Steeler Superbowls and have been a fan for 50 years. I am shocked that the front office hasn't hired you are such an authority on all things Steelers. My bad bro you are the almighty, the end all be all. Now if you could just remember to take those meds before you post on this forum.

I don't really want to get in the middle of this, but I'd say look at it this way, Butch: If he really is a Steelers fan then I'm sure you don't want to accuse him of being a troll. And if he really is a troll, isn't your ire exactly what he wants? I've never understood what trolls really get out of pretending to be something they are not but I assume it's to get under the skin of others or derail the thread or whatever.

So either way, isn't it better just to give him the benefit of the doubt?

Just my two cents though. Feel free to engage if you get something out of it. :)

thesteelerdealer
12-28-2014, 03:52 PM
Yeah I understand the whole thuggery thing, but I also like how when they try to hurt Ben he plays better. I also think that we are in their heads much more than the other way around.

I also can appreciate the unease you are feeling, but we aren't a push over either. Play the game and let the chips fall where they may.

I know I never said that. Of course we aren't. But I want us to play our game now. Which is NOT the Steelers game of Old ( Meaning a tough Physical style )..we are no longer that team. We are now more of a finesse team now. And I just don't wanna see our superior offensive talent be tricked into playing at the Ravens level...a Dirty level that slows down the tempo. That was the Old Steelers teams...not this one. But yes I suspect that players like Suggs and Ngata will be all over us with their Cheap Shots. And since that's what the league wants to see, they will allow it to go with no calls on them...like always. But no, I never said the steelers fear them.

HollywoodSteel
12-28-2014, 03:55 PM

I here ya, and I'm totally with you now. What choice do I have. ;)

I just dislike the Raven's coach so much that I'd rather see him eat crow and be forced to say "we have no one to blame but ourselves" and face an entire off season where Ravens fans start to question if he's really the right guy for them. Stuff like that. Now even if they lose to us in the playoffs he will hold his cocky head high and talk about being so proud of his team that faced tremendous odds on the road... yada, yada, yada. He won't be nearly as crushed all offseason by a playoff loss on the road as he would be by totally blowing it when they had the easiest final four games to the playoffs.

But it's not worth dwelling on now. Time to rev up my hate for the Bengals.

Butch
12-28-2014, 04:00 PM
I don't really want to get in the middle of this, but I'd say look at it this way, Butch: If he really is a Steelers fan then I'm sure you don't want to accuse him of being a troll. And if he really is a troll, isn't your ire exactly what he wants? I've never understood what trolls really get out of pretending to be something they are not but I assume it's to get under the skin of others or derail the thread or whatever.

So either way, isn't it better just to give him the benefit of the doubt?

Just my two cents though. Feel free to engage if you get something out of it. :)

LOL well stated Hollywood and you may be right that he is not a troll, but he certainly comes across as one.

I still have no idea what the hell he was talking about when he stated 25 previous games nor has he even tried to explain it. I guess that is why I sense we have a troll. Also love that he is asserting himself as an authority on all things Steelers because of how many games he has been to and whom he lives near.

Also while we are on it. I tried to give him benefit of the doubt and allow him to explain himself. I figured maybe he was just over reacting or something, but he never did explain anything.

I am guilty of feeding the trolls I will admit it, but I appreciate your 2 cents on the matter.

X-Terminator
12-28-2014, 04:15 PM

This post is a beauty! :applaudit: Kudos to you, sir...especially the part about filling the Rats' Gatorade bucket with acid! :lol: