PDA

View Full Version : Dunlap: James Harrison Defied Age Against Chiefs

Lady Steel
12-21-2014, 11:34 PM
Forget Silverback.

On this day, linebacker James Harrison was Ponce de Leon.

Forgive the terrible witticism and admitted stretch in forcing that hokey wisecrack in there, but on Sunday —- as the Steelers beat the Chiefs 20-12 and clinched a playoff spot —- Harrison really did seem to find that fountain of youth.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/12/21/dunlap-james-harrison-defied-age-against-chiefs/

Merchant
12-21-2014, 11:54 PM
The part of me that died upon seeing Harrison in a Bengals uniform is officially back to life after this game.

tube517
12-22-2014, 10:14 AM
The part of me that died upon seeing Harrison in a Bengals uniform is officially back to life after this game.

That memory is gone. He belongs in a Steeler uniform and in a Dick LeBeau defense.

Lady Steel
12-22-2014, 10:17 AM
Ed Bouchette: Steelers Didn’t Expect Vintage James Harrison

PITTSBURGH (KDKA 93-7 The Fan)- 93-7 The Fan Steelers insider and Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reporter Ed Bouchette joined “The Fan Morning Show” Monday to look back at the Steelers’ win over the Chiefs.

Colin Dunlap asked about what the organization’s expectations were for James Harrison, who had 1.5 sacks Sunday.

“They thought he would help them provide depth. I mean, if they thought he had much left, Colin, he’d have been signed back in March or April,” Bouchette said. “Good for them, though. They went and signed him back, but I don’t think they thought they were going to get anywhere near the James of old, and that’s what he looked like (Sunday).”

Bouchette was asked about the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on William Gay, which kept a Chiefs drive alive that ended with a field goal.

“When that happens, then the official should get fined for calling those. There seems to be no repercussion there. That was blatantly bad,” Bouchette said. “There was nobody around. He looked at the Steelers’ sideline, not the other sideline. And it was kind of a salute. I can’t account for that.”

Listen to the interview here:

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/12/22/ed-bouchette-steelers-didnt-expect-vintage-james-harrison/

Steeldude
12-22-2014, 02:18 PM
Where did all of the people go who said...

"He is too old"

"He is washed up"

"If he was any good someone would have picked him up by now"

"He did nothing on the Bengals. So what makes you think he would do anything for the Steelers"

"The Bengals don't even want him"

Count Steeler
12-22-2014, 02:40 PM

"He is too old"

"He is washed up"

"He did nothing on the Bengals. So what makes you think he would do anything for the Steelers"

He has far surpassed my expectations. What he has done at 36 years old puts some other athletes to shame. Wish he still had 3-4 more years.

Dwinsgames
12-22-2014, 03:47 PM

"He is too old"

"He is washed up"

THIS !

Steeldude
12-22-2014, 07:21 PM
THIS !

The sad part is what does that say about Jones? I recall him saying he was going to hit the weight room in the off-season. He looks and plays exactly the same as his rookie season. Granted he still hasn't played a ton of games, but in that limited time I don't see much out of him to suggest he is nothing more than a backup OLB.

I remember wanting the Steelers to draft him, but when I started looking at games he played in and highlight reels I saw that he wasn't much at all. His sacks appeared to be Dong sacks. He has no body lean, strength or technique. He isn't that fast either. Harrison needs too take him to the weight room every morning.

st33lersguy
12-22-2014, 08:11 PM
James Harrison is a beast, plain and simple

zulater
12-23-2014, 08:18 AM
Give Tomlin some credit for Harrison's game last Sunday. According to Harrison he felt he was good to go last week against the Falcons. And he probably would have played ok had he been given the go. But I think Tomlin knew that another week off would recharge the batteries completely and we would get a dominating game from him.

Now we got Bengals week. The team that said he was through. The team that couldn't utilize him properly last season. He didn't get to play against them in Cincy. He could be the difference maker this week. Look out Opie, Deebo has you in his radar! :tt02:

steel striker
12-23-2014, 08:53 AM
The play of James as been amazing and, in the big games this year he has played great.

Mamaduck43
12-23-2014, 09:25 AM
He has been worth every cent of his salary this season - - - and his work ethic and dedication has been a great example to the rest of the team.... He admitted, when he first came back, that he was not 100% and that he had some work to do on his conditioning, and he did that, plus more.... He could be the coattails that we ride on to #7.... He is amazing.....

Lady Steel
12-23-2014, 12:10 PM
Inside The Huddle: James Harrison's Return

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12072022&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

GoSlash27
12-24-2014, 05:58 AM
Deebo *is* old, and there's nothing wrong with that.
What he's lost in speed and reflexes, he's gained in experience and "old man muscles".

He should wear the name "silverback" with pride.