PDA

View Full Version : 2010 NFL Preview, Pittsburgh Steelers: Getting Back To The Playoffs

polamalubeast
08-23-2010, 09:30 AM
Introduction

After a frustrating 2009 season and an even more disappointing offseason, Mike Tomlin has his sights set on getting the Pittsburgh Steelers back on track in 2010. After a successful string of mini-camps this spring, a promising training camp, and a 2-0 start to the preseason, the Steelers now have their sights set on finishing the preseason injury-free and getting the party started in earnest against the Atlanta Falcons in Week 1 of the regular season. The Steelers are flying under the national radar heading into the season, and for understandable reasons. They will be without their franchise quarterback for at least the first quarter of the regular season; their defense looked porous far too often last year, especially in the secondary late in games; and the offensive line is still a work in progress. Don't sleep on the six-time Super Bowl champs though. There's still plenty of firepower on both sides of the ball, and the roster is still chalk full of guys who have hoisted a Lombardi Trophy.

read more

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/8/23/1637383/2010-nfl-preview-pittsburgh-steelers-ben-roethlisberger

MULLDOG24
08-23-2010, 09:36 AM
Yeah....I like when we fly under the radar cause we always seem to surprise and have a good year so never count out the BLACK & GOLD GO STEELERS!!!!!!!

Merchant
08-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Good read.. I didn't even know Will Allen was a former first-round pick.

CanadianSteel
08-23-2010, 10:28 PM
Ya we seem to thrive more in underdog role rather than when we are a popular pick by the press.... bring on the seaon...

xX-TSK-Xx
08-23-2010, 10:54 PM
Good read.. I didn't even know Will Allen was a former first-round pick.

Thats because he wasn't. There are two Will Allens playing in the NFL. Pittsburgh's Will Allen is a saftey drafted in the fourth round from Ohio State while Miami's Will Allen is a corner back drafted in the first round from Syracuse. Apparently the author of this article didn't do much research.

Galax Steeler
08-24-2010, 03:16 AM
Nice read I think we will do rather well this year and hopefully make the playoffs and then who knows.

Steelerfreak58
08-24-2010, 08:54 PM
Making the playoffs is all about staying healthy and having a commitment to the running game. As long as all the talking heads keep overlooking us we will be just fine.

steelpride12
08-24-2010, 10:03 PM
Way to early to talk about playoffs just yet. It takes much more than preseason thoughts to say they are going to make it. We have to stay healthy, win division games and limit the turnovers as much as possible, that's only a few.

GoSlash27
08-25-2010, 06:39 AM
Thats because he wasn't. There are two Will Allens playing in the NFL. Pittsburgh's Will Allen is a saftey drafted in the fourth round from Ohio State while Miami's Will Allen is a corner back drafted in the first round from Syracuse. Apparently the author of this article didn't do much research.

I figured that out at "chalk full of". I hope the writers don't listen to this "editor".