PDA

View Full Version : Le'veon swapped jerseys with Jamaal Charles

Psycho Ward 86
12-21-2014, 09:52 PM
according to Le'veon's facebook page it reads: I got so much respect for Jamaal Charles and his game...great player, better person...glad to jersey swap you bro...

I personally think its a cool show of respect, like when Megatron and Antonio Brown did it but I thought Tomlin put an end to swapping jerseys?

Lady Steel
12-21-2014, 10:00 PM
I thought Tomlin put an end to that, too. Maybe Bell paid for the jersey, or maybe he didn't get the memo. :chuckle:

But, I agree. It's a pretty cool thing to do.

salamander
12-21-2014, 10:07 PM
I could've sworn as well that Tomlin put his foot down on jersey swapping. Players from all teams do it and it's cool to see the mutual respect the players have for each other.

HollywoodSteel
12-21-2014, 10:15 PM
Tomlin put his foot down to jersey swapping on the field or in public. No necessarily in private. But I'm not sure if tweeting about it makes it public and violates the rule.

Lady Steel
12-21-2014, 10:20 PM
This is the first time I've heard of Bell swapping jerseys. Antonio did it all the time. :lol:

tube517
12-22-2014, 11:01 AM
He shall be trading jerseys....

Dwinsgames
12-22-2014, 11:12 AM
Tomlin did state jersey swap was not permitted , I posted a complain about it at the time because we had much bigger issues than that and it was punishing one of the only guys on the team that didnt need punishing at the time ... it was right after one of our lackluster performances vs a bottom feeder and a loss ( he laid down the law about the jersey swaps ) .... guess when winning returns so does the " perks" ?

tube517
12-22-2014, 11:23 AM
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2014/10/9/6952145/steelers-licensing-agreement-provides-reason-for-barred-jersey

Not really Tomlin's "rule". He was just delivering the message.

zulater
12-22-2014, 11:24 AM
I've got no issue with it.

Hawkman
12-22-2014, 03:52 PM
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2014/10/9/6952145/steelers-licensing-agreement-provides-reason-for-barred-jersey

Not really Tomlin's "rule". He was just delivering the message.

"Fans will have to wait a little longer to find something to blame on Tomlin, but given how quickly the message was spread over the jersey issue, it seems only a matter of time until something replaces it.":heh:

Dwinsgames
12-22-2014, 05:17 PM
"Fans will have to wait a little longer to find something to blame on Tomlin, but given how quickly the message was spread over the jersey issue, it seems only a matter of time until something replaces it.":heh:

Guess it depends who wrote the article ....

http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/9662/no-shirt-for-you-steelers-tomlin-bans-jersey-swapping

stillers4me
12-22-2014, 05:20 PM
I just don't really care about this issue. :noidea:

Hawkman
12-22-2014, 05:25 PM

http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/9662/no-shirt-for-you-steelers-tomlin-bans-jersey-swapping

I just thought it was a funny line.

HollywoodSteel
12-22-2014, 05:34 PM
I really think it's more of a "if no one sees it, I obviously don't give a shit. Obviously." kind of thing.

Steeldude
12-22-2014, 07:29 PM
I could've sworn as well that Tomlin put his foot down on jersey swapping. Players from all teams do it and it's cool to see the mutual respect the players have for each other.

One of Tomlin's double-standard rules.

smokin3000gt
12-23-2014, 03:30 PM
I think he meant on the field in front of cameras.

fansince'76
12-23-2014, 03:35 PM

There's this as well:

For the first time, fans will be able to purchase autographed collectibles, various game-used items and a wide range of Steelers memorabilia at Heinz Field starting this Sunday for the team’s game versus Tampa Bay and continuing for the remaining home games in 2014. Kiosks will be located near Sections 108 and 127 that will feature these one-of-a-kind items.

Steelers Partner With Fanatics Authentic For Official Collectibles and Game-Used Memorabilia (http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Partner-With-Fanatics-Authentic-For-Official-Collectibles-and-Game-Used-Memorabilia/dc6bf1cd-55cf-412f-9fb3-d4b3fe74ab47)

Kinda hard for them to sell game-used items to fans (see: jerseys) when the players give them away, no?

Like I did when this proverbial molehill was originally turned into a mountain back in early October, I'm going to continue to go with BTSC's take on it that Tomlin was simply passing along an edict from the FO over Disney Channel II's claim that it's strictly a Tomlin rule, especially considering how many times ESPN has proven to be either dead wrong or just completely full of shit in the past.

Tomlin did state jersey swap was not permitted , I posted a complain about it at the time because we had much bigger issues than that and it was punishing one of the only guys on the team that didnt need punishing at the time ... it was right after one of our lackluster performances vs a bottom feeder and a loss ( he laid down the law about the jersey swaps ) .... guess when winning returns so does the " perks" ?

Well, no, it was after the Jaguars game, which the team won. But since the team didn't win "good enough," yet they also couldn't bitch about losing, people latched onto this complete non-issue to use as a club to bludgeon Tomlin over the head with instead.

I just don't really care about this issue.

Me neither. I certainly didn't back in early October when it got completely blown out of proportion in the first place, and I care even less about it now, especially with the Steelers locking up a postseason berth for the first time in 3 years and a chance to win their first AFCN title in 4 years. :coffee: