PDA

View Full Version : Game balls and goats, Stillerz/ Chiefs

GoSlash27
12-21-2014, 03:06 PM
My game ball definitely goes to Deebo. Honorable mention to Heeath!

HollywoodSteel
12-21-2014, 03:06 PM
Goat goes to REFS!!!! Obviously.

polamalubeast
12-21-2014, 03:07 PM
Ben

tube517
12-21-2014, 03:07 PM
Game ball; Deebo, Timmons and Heath.

Goats; The Refs again. Sad display today

fansince'76
12-21-2014, 03:09 PM
Heyward and Tuitt. Now if we can just fix the rest of the D...

Back to the playoffs!

st33lersguy
12-21-2014, 03:09 PM
Game ball: defense (especially front 7 which was great) for being perfect in the redzone, reliable Heath, and Big Ben

Game Goat: Ramon Foster for the penalty after the field goal and the refs, this was literally the worst, most one-sided officiating since the 2005 AFC divisional playoff game

GoSlash27
12-21-2014, 03:10 PM

Back to the playoffs!

Oh yeah!!

:tt03:

polamalubeast
12-21-2014, 03:11 PM
No TD for the WR of the chiefs(and the entire offense)!!!

Psycho Ward 86
12-21-2014, 03:18 PM
Gonna spread this around between Big Ben, Harrison, Heyward, Timmons, and Tuitt

Tuitt just keeps better and better. Really makes you wonder how things would have been if he started earlier.

Hawkman
12-21-2014, 03:20 PM
All the guys up front for only allowing only 39 yards of rushing from a corp of pretty strong RBs

steelerdude15
12-21-2014, 03:20 PM
My game balls go to James and Cam. James brings such a fiery and positive attitude to this defense and Cam continues to thrive. He gets off his blocks and stops the run while sacking the quarterback. He's fantastic.

polamalubeast
12-21-2014, 03:25 PM
The red zone defense was amazing today!

Craic
12-21-2014, 03:31 PM
The whole team. This was one of those team games where everyone played within themselves and they won because of it. In many ways, I gotta give it to the coaches for that very reason as well.

GOAT - Pittsburgh Steelers. For making me root for the Dallas Freakin' Cowgirls right now against the Colts.

Shoes
12-21-2014, 03:31 PM
The D, Ben and Heath.

Merchant
12-21-2014, 03:35 PM
Game Ball: Ben - didn't have an extraordinary game but a solid performance that was good enough to get them to the playoffs.

Goat: The Refs - I lost my shit on that William Gay taunting call. Absolutely ridiculous unacceptable call.

fansince'76
12-21-2014, 03:37 PM
That officiating crew needs to be shot.

stillers4me
12-21-2014, 03:40 PM
Games balls to James Harrison and the defense, Ben, Heath and whoever traded Dri Archer to the Chiefs.

:lol:

Craic
12-21-2014, 03:45 PM
Goat: The Refs - I lost my shit on that William Gay taunting call. Absolutely ridiculous unacceptable call.

I'm usually pretty much in agreement with taunting calls because it's a pretty stupid penalty to take. But that call was ridiculous. Yes, you can't stand over a player and gesture, but he wasn't. He was standing over his OWN player.

The other one I didn't understand was the ONLY Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty going against Foster on the fieldgoal. I understand calling it on him for throwing the helmet. That's clearly a penalty. But how do you NOT call a penalty on the Chiefs in that scrum? Seriously.

Devilsdancefloor
12-21-2014, 03:48 PM

Back to the playoffs!
this!!
NT and i thinkn the D will be golden!!

Goat: refs i think i see a bad called game and then a few weeks later i see a worse called game, but we won PLAYOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFS! (woohoo)

X-Terminator
12-21-2014, 03:51 PM
GOAT - Pittsburgh Steelers. For making me root for the Dallas Freakin' Cowgirls right now against the Colts.

LOL. With you on this one! But it's important, because the 3rd seed means they avoid having to go to Foxborough if they win. Their consolation prize, however, would be having to face Peyton Manning in Denver. Ugh.

Craic
12-21-2014, 03:54 PM
LOL. With you on this one!

My father was a Redskins fan. It's because of him I'm a Steelers fan (rooted against Dallas and for Pittsburgh when they met for the first time). He'd roll over in his grave knowing I'm cheering for Dallas right now.

I feel so dirty.

st33lersguy
12-21-2014, 03:57 PM
Another goat to the low-life thug who intentionally kicked Ben

tube517
12-21-2014, 03:57 PM
My father was a Redskins fan. It's because of him I'm a Steelers fan (rooted against Dallas and for Pittsburgh when they met for the first time). He'd roll over in his grave knowing I'm cheering for Dallas right now.

I feel so dirty.

Wash yourself off later :lol:

I can never bring myself to that point (Rooting for the Brokebacks). I hate that organization with every piece of my soul. I have to hear it every day from friends and coworkers. Thank god, we outnumber them at work.

fansince'76
12-21-2014, 03:59 PM
LOL. With you on this one! But it's important, because the 3rd seed means they avoid having to go to Foxborough if they win. Their consolation prize, however, would be having to face Peyton Manning in Denver. Ugh.

Manning has been playing like hot garbage lately. But after 3 years, I'm just going to enjoy the ride, however long it lasts.

SteelerFanInStl
12-21-2014, 04:07 PM
My game ball goes to the defensive front 7. They brought pressure most of the game despite constant holding that went uncalled. I really hope that Deebo will come back for another year. He's made a big difference in this defense.

Goat goes to the officials, no question. They sucked!

st33lersguy
12-21-2014, 04:12 PM
Manning has been playing like hot garbage lately. But after 3 years, I'm just going to enjoy the ride, however long it lasts.

Yeah but whatever production they have lost in Peyton the last few weeks, they have made up for with the production of CJ Anderson, plus that defense is beast. But yeah, just glad to be in the postseason after 8-8 and 8-8

86WARD
12-21-2014, 04:44 PM
Harrison, Heyward get game balls.

Goat is ref who threw flag on Gay taunting Timmons.

Jaucer
12-21-2014, 06:07 PM
this!!
NT and i thinkn the D will be golden!!

Goat: refs i think i see a bad called game and then a few weeks later i see a worse called game, but we won PLAYOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFS! (woohoo)

Quite wishing for a NT, it isn't going to happen. I seriously think they are building this team for a 4-3. We'll see.

- - - Updated - - -

Game ball - Heyward, monster of a game. He is allowing Deebo to do what he does. Cam is what Keisel/Smith were.

Goat - refs, some blantanly bad calls, especially the taunting call on Gay. Another goat, the D and LeBeau for giving ten yards cushion to a pass offense that hasn't scored a TD all year and allowing the bubble screen to gain 8 yards every time (until the end of the game). Game plan needs to be better than that.

Count Steeler
12-21-2014, 06:09 PM
Harrison, Heyward and Tuitt get my love today.

The refs should be replaced by the replacement refs from the strike. This crew doesn't have a clue.

Dwinsgames
12-21-2014, 06:58 PM
anyone not naming James Harrison did not watch the same game I did ...

he was all over the field making plays today , getting sacks laying a few hits , lots of pressures and even got Worilds a sack by chasing the QB to him ....

zulater
12-21-2014, 07:35 PM
anyone not naming James Harrison did not watch the same game I did ...

he was all over the field making plays today , getting sacks laying a few hits , lots of pressures and even got Worilds a sack by chasing the QB to him ....

I'd split a defensive game ball between Harrison and Cam Heyward. Cam was a destructive force all game. But so was Harrison. Splitting hairs imo to decide between them. Also give a game ball to whoever decided to shut 92 down for the previous two games. I think giving him that in season break is what brought his game back up to the level he was playing midseason against the Colts and Ravens.

On offense split one between Ben and Heath. Ben's numbers weren't spectacular, but his decision making was. Also he was throwing the ball pretty damn well for the most part. Overall I'd say the past 3 games are as good as any Ben has strung together over a 3 game stretch in his career. Yeah I know the numbers aren't spectacular. But the quality of his play has been nonetheless. Best qb in the league the past 3 weeks bar none. And of course Heath was a 3rd down converting machine today!

Goat. Got to go Ramon Foster. That was stupid and selfish. I don't care what proceeded it. The Chiefs were in a no lose situation trying to provoke a retaliatory penalty there. Got baited in and as a result the Steelers had no choose but to pooch kick it and give the Chiefs the ball at midfield. Tomlin should make Foster apologize before the team for his stupidity and selfishness.

Gay's penalty was a joke. Not blaming him one bit. The ref should be disciplined for throwing that flag. Could change the outcome of a game with that ridiculous call. :frusty:

But overall I'm deliriously happy! :tt02:

Jaucer
12-21-2014, 08:14 PM
Did anyone notice on Bell's early carry (I think it was the 1st drive) that didn't go for a 1st down deep in the red zone that it was as much Gilberts fault as it was the defender grabbing Bell's ankle to stop him. I mean Gilbert was down and had his leg bent straight up. Bell was following the block and started to trip a little over Gilbert's leg when the defender grabbed his leg from behind and made Bell go down. If Gilbert's leg is down, Bell steps over it and likely get's at touchdown. All I could think of at the time was damn Gilbert don't injury another one of our on players.

CapLovesTroyP43
12-21-2014, 08:20 PM
Game Ball: To all; they got it all together, played as a team and won as won IN THE PLAYOFFS BABY!!!!!!!! And one to Bill, Tunch and Wolf for being the absolute best there is to listen to on the radio! Love those guys so much and still missing Myron......Also to the Clowns for losing another one. YAY!!!!!!

Goat: The men in stripes. I thought Bill Hillgrove was going to have a heart attack over that Gay call. He was really upset.

GBMelBlount
12-21-2014, 08:43 PM
The refs should be replaced by the replacement refs from the strike. This crew doesn't have a clue.

http://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/replacement-refs__120925111813-575x442.jpg?w=970&h=745

LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Did anyone notice on Bell's early carry (I think it was the 1st drive) that didn't go for a 1st down deep in the red zone that it was as much Gilberts fault as it was the defender grabbing Bell's ankle to stop him. I mean Gilbert was down and had his leg bent straight up.

Bell was following the block and started to trip a little over Gilbert's leg when the defender grabbed his leg from behind and made Bell go down. If Gilbert's leg is down, Bell steps over it and likely get's at touchdown. All I could think of at the time was damn Gilbert don't injury another one of our on players.

Surprised they didn't flag Gilbert. lol.

Lady Steel
12-21-2014, 09:58 PM
The whole team. This was one of those team games where everyone played within themselves and they won because of it. In many ways, I gotta give it to the coaches for that very reason as well.

This. I was so very happy with our guys today. They knew what was at stake and they went out there and delivered. They played with determination and intensity.

Harrison, Heyward and Heath had a huge game, and Bell kept that clock a tickin'. Ben is a freakin' warrior. I was so very worried he would be taken out of the game(s) for a knee injury.

Coach LeBeau made me smile today.

I agree with those who said the refs were the goats, as were the announcers, in my opinion. They were just gawd awful.

HollywoodSteel
12-21-2014, 10:40 PM
I agree with those who said the refs were the goats, as were the announcers, in my opinion. They were just gawd awful.

I totally agree. I kept yelling at the screen for Gumble to just admit he's rooting for the Chiefs. He kept replaying some call he didn't agree with that went the Steelers' way but when the refs made one of the worst calls of all time (against Gay for taunting) - a call that could have changed the outcome of the game! - there wasn't any outraged on his part. He didn't even seem the least bit bothered by it. In fact, his great commentary was that the Steelers need to just get over it already. Fuck you! In the future, you and the refs should maybe avoid putting money on games against the Steelers.

And that ref who refused to even look at the jumbo screen to see that he'd made a mistake - when Steelers players were begging hims to just look! - deserves to choke to death on his own hubris. We know he can't pick up the flag (and every human can make a mistake), but to refuse to look just shows that he was aware that he'd probably screwed up big time, but his body language and arrogance after the fact only compounds his total douchery in my mind.

KeiselPower99
12-21-2014, 10:47 PM
Harrison Heyward and Heath are my gameballs.

Steeltreal
12-21-2014, 11:50 PM
Couldn't tell if the coverage was decent to allow the D front to get the Sacks, or Alice Smith doesn't have anyone to throw to. Not impressed. Game Ball Bell

tube517
12-22-2014, 11:47 AM
I totally agree. I kept yelling at the screen for Gumble to just admit he's rooting for the Chiefs. He kept replaying some call he didn't agree with that went the Steelers' way but when the refs made one of the worst calls of all time (against Gay for taunting) - a call that could have changed the outcome of the game! - there wasn't any outraged on his part. He didn't even seem the least bit bothered by it. In fact, his great commentary was that the Steelers need to just get over it already. Fuck you! In the future, you and the refs should maybe avoid putting money on games against the Steelers.

And that ref who refused to even look at the jumbo screen to see that he'd made a mistake - when Steelers players were begging hims to just look! - deserves to choke to death on his own hubris. We know he can't pick up the flag (and every human can make a mistake), but to refuse to look just shows that he was aware that he'd probably screwed up big time, but his body language and arrogance after the fact only compounds his total douchery in my mind.

Gumbel, Tirico, Joe Fluck, Nancy, all these play by play guys need to STFU. They are there to call the game not give a f'n editorial in the booth. They all SUCK!

Hawkman
12-22-2014, 03:44 PM
Gumbel, Tirico, Joe Fluck, Nancy, all these play by play guys need to STFU. They are there to call the game not give a f'n editorial in the booth. They all SUCK!

Bring back Gowdy and Cosell!!

Dwinsgames
12-22-2014, 03:46 PM
Bring back Gowdy and Cosell!!

least they would get the names right ( even from the grave I think )

Hawkman
12-22-2014, 03:54 PM
least they would get the names right ( even from the grave I think )

Seriously, I loved those guys.

tube517
12-22-2014, 03:57 PM
Seriously, I loved those guys.

This.