PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully Steelers Rookie RB Dri Archer Prepared Defense For The Black Mamba

stillers4me
12-20-2014, 07:12 AM
We're going to get burned so bad.......................

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/12/hopefully-steelers-rookie-rb-dri-archer-prepared-defense-black-mamba/

tube517
12-20-2014, 08:17 AM
Kobe Bryant plays for the Chiefs?

86WARD
12-20-2014, 09:53 AM
Archer is easy to stop...team could be over confident...

zulater
12-20-2014, 10:12 AM
If Thomas is prone to falling down when someone so much as casts a glance in his direction, then this plan should work out well.

Shoes
12-20-2014, 11:58 AM
Maybe Tomlin and Haley have a package made up for Archer if we get into the playoffs. I can't understand why they haven't tried to use him more then running up the middle on third and short or a rare bubble screen. He seemed to show some promise in preseason when they were a bit more relaxed with him.

Count Steeler
12-20-2014, 12:14 PM
Archer was not a pressing need. A 3rd round CB would come in handy right about now.

Merchant
12-20-2014, 12:27 PM
Archer was not a pressing need. A 3rd round CB would come in handy right about now.

Reminds me of the Chris Rainey pick. Guess it's harder than it looks to find the next Darren Sproles.

fansince'76
12-20-2014, 01:18 PM
Reminds me of the Chris Rainey pick. Guess it's harder than it looks to find the next Darren Sproles.

Especially when looking for the "next Darren Sproles" should be reserved for UDFA, particularly when there are other much more pressing and glaring areas of need...

Shoes
12-20-2014, 01:22 PM

Rainey had/has a hollow cavity between his ears, Archer doesn't have that problem, I'm surely willing to give him more time. Running bubble screens that the opposing D's know are coming and 3rd & short up the middle isn't the best way to use Archer imo. The problem is this FO & coaching staff drafted him and have no idea how to use him, like Dwins said with so many other picks, trying to fit a ball in a square hole.

fansince'76
12-20-2014, 01:24 PM
If Thomas is prone to falling down when someone so much as casts a glance in his direction, then this plan should work out well.

Ah, c'mon, it takes much more than that to get Archer down - like laying a pinky on him...

NCSteeler
12-20-2014, 01:31 PM
DE'ANTHONY THOMAS was a 4th rounder. Obviously Archer is better

tube517
12-20-2014, 01:41 PM
Rainey had/has a hollow cavity between his ears, Archer doesn't have that problem, I'm surely willing to give him more time. Running bubble screens that the opposing D's know are coming and 3rd & short up the middle isn't the best way to use Archer imo. The problem is this FO & coaching staff drafted him and have no idea how to use him, like Dwins said with so many other picks, trying to fit a ball in a square hole.

They THOUGHT they knew how to use him. He was supposed to be primary kick returner and hybrid WR/RB or whatever Haley calls it.

His 17.8 KO return avg is horrible. Wheaton is averaging 24.8 avg on kickoffs. Not great but at least competent.

Also, Archer has 5 catches for 4 yards. The bubble screens are a joke but he looks like a deer in the headlights when he gets the ball and can't even get positive yardage on these. At least AB, Wheaton, Bryant, or Moore can get positive yardage.

zulater
12-20-2014, 01:41 PM

What do you mean? Everyone knows you don't draft a corner until the 5th round. That way you can get some token guy that will be lucky to make the practice squad. I mean it's not as though cb has been a position of need. Man you fan boys never cease to amaze me! :sarcasm: :wink02:

Shoes
12-20-2014, 01:49 PM
They THOUGHT they knew how to use him. He was supposed to be primary kick returner and hybrid WR/RB or whatever Haley calls it.

His 17.8 KO return avg is horrible. Wheaton is averaging 24.8 avg on kickoffs. Not great but at least competent.

Also, Archer has 5 catches for 4 yards. The bubble screens are a joke but he looks like a deer in the headlights when he gets the ball and can't even get positive yardage on these. At least AB, Wheaton, Bryant, or Moore can get positive yardage.

I think its a bit unfair to compare Archer with 5 catches to those you've mentioned above. If he's a dud thats another one in Colbert/Tomlin basket. I get tired of people saying the draft is a crap shoot, if thats the case hire someone off the street for 40K a year to do the teams drafting and put Colbert and Tomlin's money into proven players.

Steeldude
12-20-2014, 01:53 PM
Maybe Tomlin and Haley have a package made up for Archer if we get into the playoffs. I can't understand why they haven't tried to use him more then running up the middle on third and short or a rare bubble screen. He seemed to show some promise in preseason when they were a bit more relaxed with him.

He probably can't get off the line. It was a stupid pick. It screams Al Davis...lol

zulater
12-20-2014, 01:55 PM
He probably can't get off the line. It was a stupid pick. It screams Al Davis...lol

Yeah and we even picked up Darius Heyward Bey to help mentor him in this form of failure.

ALLD
12-20-2014, 02:13 PM
They can use Archer on top of the celebration cake if we win the division.

http://cdn.cakecentral.com/c/c9/900x900px-LL-c9762534_modulescopperminealbumsuserpics500673100_ 1910.jpeg

Psycho Ward 86
12-20-2014, 02:20 PM

We could've had Phillip Gaines who's playing well for the chiefs from what ive read. ugh....people on this board were high on him too

fansince'76
12-20-2014, 02:21 PM
They can use Archer on top of the celebration cake if we win the division.

http://cdn.cakecentral.com/c/c9/900x900px-LL-c9762534_modulescopperminealbumsuserpics500673100_ 1910.jpeg

WTF is up with Charlie Brown wearing a Hines Ward uniform? :chuckle:

Psycho Ward 86
12-20-2014, 03:30 PM
WTF is up with Charlie Brown wearing a Hines Ward uniform? :chuckle:

And why does Charlie Brown have hair?!?!

tube517
12-20-2014, 03:48 PM
And why does Charlie Brown have hair?!?!

And what's up with Chuck's foot?

86WARD
12-20-2014, 04:14 PM
What do you mean? Everyone knows you don't draft a corner until the 5th round. That way you can get some token guy that will be lucky to make the practice squad. I mean it's not as though cb has been a position of need. Man you fan boys never cease to amaze me! :sarcasm: :wink02:

Unless you're Andy Reid...then you just keep drafting them 1, 2, 3, 4...year after year until you get it right...sometimes literally...1, then 2, then 3 in the same draft...lol.

Lady Steel
12-21-2014, 12:25 AM
And what's up with Chuck's foot?

The hell is wrong with you people? That's obviously Jeff Reed. But I don't know why he's wearing a Hines' jersey. Prolly drunk. Again.

tube517
12-21-2014, 03:01 AM
The hell is wrong with you people? That's obviously Jeff Reed. But I don't know why he's wearing a Hines' jersey. Prolly drunk. Again.

If that was Skippy, they should have made a cake with him beating up a towel dispenser. Plus, where is his lookout, Spaeth?