PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Insider Ed Bouchette: ‘I Think This Will Be It For’ Troy Polamalu

polamalubeast
12-18-2014, 04:16 PM
PITTSBURGH (93-7 The FAN) – Steelers Insider Ed Bouchette joined Starkey and Mueller for his weekly segment and talked about what the offense could bring back this week against the Kansas City Chiefs and how much more Troy Polamalu has left in the tank.

Talking about Polamalu, Bouchette gave us his gut feeling on whether or not the All-Pro Safety will be back after this season.

“Oh, I would be surprised,” Bouchette said. “I think he’s done, I really do. He looks heavier, I don’t know what he weighs. He’s still active around the ball, but his reactions aren’t as good as they used to be.”

Bouchette also addressed whether or not Polamalu would look to continue his career with another team if the Steelers don’t want him back.

“I think Troy has a lot of pride and will realize that he just doesn’t have it anymore,” Bouchette said. “They all lose it. The great ones all lose it.”

read more

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/12/18/steelers-insider-ed-bouchette-i-think-this-will-be-it-for-troy-polamalu/

fansince'76
12-18-2014, 04:30 PM
I remember when most of the Steel Curtain lost it pretty much all at once back in '80. That was sad too. :(

ALLD
12-18-2014, 04:42 PM
Father time always wins. Now I can see why Jim Brown retired early. Hopefully, #43 won't get punchy like Muhammed Ali.

Psycho Ward 86
12-18-2014, 05:02 PM
He's making $6 million next season and $5.75 million the year after that. Sadly, this has to be it

Count Steeler
12-18-2014, 05:04 PM
Isn't his wife already pulling him in that direction.

Steeldude
12-18-2014, 06:38 PM
I agree, he has looked heavy the last few years. He looks like he is 230lbs. I can't really blame him for not being enthused with football any longer. The defense lacks quality players and Goodell-ball has ruined the NFL.

polamalubeast
12-18-2014, 06:44 PM
He's making $6 million next season and $5.75 million the year after that. Sadly, this has to be it

The Steelers will save 3.75 million in 2015 and 5.75 million in 2016 if the Steelers cut Polamalu after this season

http://overthecap.com/player/troy-polamalu/1631

zulater
12-18-2014, 06:58 PM
I agree, he has looked heavy the last few years. He looks like he is 230lbs. I can't really blame him for not being enthused with football any longer. The defense lacks quality players and Goodell-ball has ruined the NFL.

If you cash the check you need to give it your all. Anyone doubt for a second that 99 and 92 gave every ounce they had to this team this season?

That's not to suggest Troy hasn't been out there giving it his all. As for his conditioning? I don't know? But I think in Troy's heart he feels he's giving it everything, but he never had the commitment to his fitness that Harrison does. But then again what mortal person does? :lol:

Anyway bottom line is I think time has just caught up to Troy. He's just lost a step, which happens to the best of them over time.

polamalubeast
12-18-2014, 07:02 PM
If you cash the check you need to give it your all. Anyone doubt for a second that 99 and 92 gave every ounce they had to this team this season?

That's not to suggest Troy hasn't been out there giving it his all. As for his conditioning? I don't know? But I think in Troy's heart he feels he's giving it everything, but he never had the commitment to his fitness that Harrison does. But then again what mortal person does? :lol:

Anyway bottom line is I think time has just caught up to Troy. He's just lost a step, which happens to the best of them over time.

Like Ed Reed last year....It was his 12 th season for Reed last year

This year is also the 12 th season for Polamalu

zulater
12-18-2014, 07:04 PM
Like Ed Reed last year....It was his 12 th season for Reed last year

This year is also the 12 th season for Polamalu

Two first ballot Hall of Famers. But their time has come and gone.

st33lersguy
12-18-2014, 07:45 PM
If it is, it's been a heck of a ride

Dwinsgames
12-18-2014, 07:47 PM
caught hell on twitter for suggesting this could be his last year because his play is lackluster ( to say it kindly ) .....

that was over a month ago ... wonder how those same people feel now ?

gonna mention it again and see what happens

steelreserve
12-18-2014, 09:37 PM
I see him coming back for one more year, if only because we are severely hurting for players there, even more so if we dump Mitchell, which I honestly would prefer at this point. Troy is far from the player he used to be, but he's not lost it like, say, Ike has lost it. Either way wouldn't surprise me, though.

Shoes
12-18-2014, 09:50 PM
Troy has his mind on his future and family. I think its his final year, no way will he play for another team.

Devilsdancefloor
12-18-2014, 09:57 PM
i dont think he is playing horrible, but more like a good football player. we all have become used to his superman plays. i think he plays one more year

86WARD
12-18-2014, 10:18 PM
He's average at best. He can't tackle low. His angles are off. He's still athletic, but he's slower to react than he was...even last year.

Lady Steel
12-18-2014, 11:39 PM
This truly breaks my heart, but we all knew it was coming. In his heyday, there was no one better than Troy. No one.

SteelerFanInStl
12-19-2014, 08:07 AM
Troy is one of my favorite all-time Steelers but it's time for him to hang it up. I hate seeing him out there and playing the way that he is.

He still has his health and he has bigger things to accomplish in life. I think that he will retire after this season.

NCSteeler
12-19-2014, 01:40 PM
doubtful for sunday

Craic
12-19-2014, 01:42 PM
He's average at best. He can't tackle low. His angles are off. He's still athletic, but he's slower to react than he was...even last year.

I think this is pretty much it, but not that he's slower to react. I think he reacts at the same speed, but his body just is taking longer to get there, hence, you're dead on about angles because his brain is telling him to go at the angle a 27 year old Troy P. would take.

I actually hope he retires because with all the injuries he's taking now, I cringe thinking about which one will be the injury that completely changes his life. Hang up the cleats Troy, and start the countdown to going into the Hall of Fame.

st33lersguy
12-19-2014, 03:29 PM
Troy should retire and be inducted into the NFL HOF class of 2020. He is not the player he was in his prime and he is better served retiring and moving on to a new chapter in his life.

cold-hard-steel
12-19-2014, 05:23 PM
Wow man,it took ole Ed to start up a "Piss Troy Off" thread .Way ta go Eddy.Hope your happy now. (LOL).

GoSlash27
12-21-2014, 07:38 PM
Yeah, I'm with everyone else here. Loves me some Troy, but he's got a lot of reasons to not spend another year getting beat up for money. He's got a family and a future beyond football.

I think the same goes for Deebo and Keisel. Both showed that they've still got it, but I think this is their last season...

Lady Steel
12-21-2014, 10:47 PM
Sadly, I didn't miss Troy at all during today's game. It's time. :(