PDA

View Full Version : Steelers rookie Stevenson Sylvester making an impact

stillers4me
08-23-2010, 06:57 AM
http://files.pittsburghlive.com/photos/2010-08-22/Sylvester-a.jpg

By Scott Brown (sbrown@tribweb.com), PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, August 23, 2010

Stevenson Sylvester, who followed up a solid NFL preseason debut with a sack and a quarterback hurry Saturday night, seems intent on forcing the Steelers to make a tough decision at linebacker.
One thing the Steelers need not worry about when it comes to Sylvester is the rookie fifth-round pick staying focused -- or grounded...................

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_696055.html

Texasteel
08-23-2010, 07:10 AM
This could end up as one of the best drafts we have had in years.

Aussie_steeler
08-23-2010, 07:18 AM

Only if the front office and coaching staff has the balls to give them a chance to stick.

Pouncey, Worilds, Sanders, Gibson, Scott, Butler, Sylvester and Brown are the names that I can actually see making the final cut. But for that to happen that a fair chunk of last years squad will need to be moved on. I just cant see that many spots being available. I also think Worthington could be good down the line. The only player I am not sold on is Dwyer.

Potentially this draft is looking more than just OK

HometownGal
08-23-2010, 07:34 AM
I definitely feel Sylvester is a keeper and I've been sold on him since watching him in TC. The kid is a beast on that field, has a ton of oomph and is eager to do whatever it takes to succeed.

Steelers FO - find a way to hang onto him. I believe in my heart you won't be disappointed. :pray:

ALLD
08-23-2010, 09:29 AM
After that sack I was thinking Logan's days are numbered, especially after he fumbled the PR.

MULLDOG24
08-23-2010, 09:32 AM
I agree that Sylvester should make the roster and 1 way is to let the KR spot go to someone like BROWN who can contribute as a wr as well so hopefully we can keep both Gibson and Sylvester but heres to hoping. Not that I don't like Logan but he has to contribute in some other way than just KR.

Shoes
08-23-2010, 09:32 AM

I agree Tex.....remember how dumb the front office was for making the picks ... :chuckle:

SMR
08-23-2010, 11:35 AM
I agree Tex.....remember how dumb the front office was for making the picks ... :chuckle:

It would do all of us well to remember that the FO is headed by the mighty.....Colbert!

http://i35.tinypic.com/2ymabza.jpg

SteelerFanInStl
08-23-2010, 08:14 PM
They've got to keep Sylvester. He's been all over the field making plays.

Chidi29
08-23-2010, 09:30 PM
What's with the infaution for the guy? Yeah, he's made a couple nice plays, but if he has a big technique issue like the coaches are saying (Note that Butler still only called him a "prospect"), he should spend a year on the practice squad.

Merchant
08-23-2010, 09:39 PM
What's with the infaution for the guy? Yeah, he's made a couple nice plays, but if he has a big technique issue like the coaches are saying (Note that Butler still only called him a "prospect"), he should spend a year on the practice squad.

He has a cool name.

Chidi29
08-23-2010, 10:33 PM
He has a cool name.

I'll give you that.

sharkweek
08-24-2010, 12:50 AM
technique doesn't matter as much if the results are there

Chidi29
08-24-2010, 01:09 AM
technique doesn't matter as much if the results are there

Tell that to the coaching staff.

And he missed a bunch of tackles Week 1.

Galax Steeler
08-24-2010, 03:41 AM
I guess we will find out before long who makes the roster. You have to think we can keep Sylvester and Gibson both but who knows in todays world.

Texasteel
08-24-2010, 07:24 AM

Steeler fans have always been infatuated with hard working, hard hitting blue collar players. I don't thing the question is will he play this year. The question is can we keep him long enough to make the player out of him some of us think he can be.