PDA

View Full Version : Steelers notebook: Brown leads WRs in Pro Bowl voting, Bell 2nd at RB

polamalubeast
12-17-2014, 06:28 PM
NFL fans have spoken, and they like Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell.
Brown, the league leader in catches and receiving yards, led wide receivers in fan voting for next month's Pro Bowl in balloting that ended Monday. Brown received 644,093 votes via NFL.com, eighth among all players and two spots behind teammate Le'Veon Bell. Bell had 702,782 votes — second at running back behind Dallas' DeMarco Murray.
Steelers player voting was taking place Wednesday, and coaches also were to submit their balloting to the league by Friday. Fans, players and coaches each carry one-third weight in who participates in the Jan. 25 game in Glendale, Ariz. Rosters will be announced Tuesday night on NFL Network.
Maurkice Pouncey finished second in the fan balloting at center, and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, linebacker Lawrence Timmons and safety Troy Polamalu also were among the top five in position voting among fans.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/7379874-74/players-practice-games#ixzz3MCkalBG8
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

fansince'76
12-17-2014, 06:38 PM
All due respect to Troy, but he does not deserve to be among the top 5 votegetters at his position. Not this year. The way he was caught out of position after biting on a fake that allowed Howdy Doody to waltz into the end zone untouched two weeks ago should be reason enough alone that he shouldn't even sniff the Pro Bowl this year. And those kinds of whiffs have become the norm for him, not the exception. And knowing what I do about Troy, I'd be willing to bet he'd agree with me.

The Pro Bowl is meant to reward players for their play THAT YEAR. It wasn't meant to be a lifetime achievement award.

This is why fan voting, and in turn, the Pro Bowl, is such a joke.

stillers4me
12-17-2014, 06:44 PM
While I agree that performance wise, Troy should be staying home, if anyone deserves the "reputation" vote, it's Troy. Send him and his family to Hawaii one last time.

Count Steeler
12-17-2014, 06:58 PM
Is their any less significant game in Pro Sports?

steelreserve
12-17-2014, 07:25 PM
Is their any less significant game in Pro Sports?

The WNBA championship?

tube517
12-17-2014, 07:28 PM
Timmons should get in there even though the game is a joke.

I don't even know (or care) when and where this game is even played

Psycho Ward 86
12-17-2014, 07:39 PM
Timmons should get in there even though the game is a joke.

I don't even know (or care) when and where this game is even played

He's 5th in voting at ILB according to Steelers Depot. I believe only 4 ILB's get in. I have a hard time believing there arent 4 ILB's better than him in the league

GBMelBlount
12-17-2014, 07:47 PM
The WNBA championship?

Cannot...........type............shaking.........w ith........excitement

http://wsenetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Screen-Shot-2013-10-11-at-5.57.58-AM.png