PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Tackle Carimi ready for the next level

Aussie_steeler
08-23-2010, 06:39 AM
I like many believe that an OT should / needs / must be high up on the menu for the 2011 draft

One of the names that is surely to be thrown around is Gabe Carimi

Below is a link to an interesting story that covers a wide range of areas of interest for the fellow draftnut.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/13786513/wisconsin-tackle-carimi-ready-for-step-to-next-level

I however took one interesting point from this article and I guess it is going to stick firmly with me until it is addressed come post season workouts.

NFL offensive line coaches won't like the way Carimi bends at the waist and the number of plays on which he ends up on the ground. He focused on improving his technique this summer, stating that among his goals for the year is to "keep my feet underneath me and keep them moving while I block" to prevent having to lunge toward his man.

This might explain why he is lower than anticipated on some preseason draft boards

Texasteel
08-23-2010, 06:48 AM
Once again Aussie, we are on the same page.

Aussie_steeler
08-23-2010, 06:54 AM
I keep hearing Gonzo's mantra over and over in my head ------ " I dont like OT's that are waist benders"

I also refer back to my father who told me " if you drop the soap, bend at the knees not at the waist"

after listening to Gonz I finally realised that my dad was preparing me for possible life in the nfl, not prison.