PDA

View Full Version : They Said it AGAIN ! "Steeler Fans are Best Traveled NFL Fans " ! BS !

katmandu
12-14-2014, 09:44 PM
Drives me freakin crazy when the stupid ass'd Broadcasters say this stupid shiiitt !

Why is it so damn hard for them to comprehend that......

STEELER NATION IS EVERYWHERE !! ..... DAMMIT !!

We don't need to travel cause we are already there ! LOL !

Steelerette
12-14-2014, 11:02 PM
In this case we have our cake and eat it too.

Yeah, Steelers fans are everywhere. Thank Nixon if you want. When Big Steel started dying, Pittsburgh didn't turn to rubbish like most cities. Nope, people picked themselves up and spread around the country. And suddenly the team was great for a decade, so it kinda stuck, even generations beyond.

But I don't get the big fuss people make about the well-traveled thing. We've got that too. Steelers Fans do in fact travel all around this dang country. International Steelers fans even try to make a handful of lifetime visits.

Mojouw
12-15-2014, 09:49 AM
No one wants to admit that the reality is the Steelers fans were already there, and bought up all the tickets. That would mean that their team's fans kinda suck. You rarely see the opposing team's fans dominate the crowd in traditional football towns (KC, Pittsburgh, GB, etc).

Plus most football announcers are too stupid to realize that a generation or two of people leaving the Pittsburgh area and moving across the country didn't simply abandon their team and start rooting for the local NFL team.

That's how I became a fan. Family moved out of PA but took the Steelers with them. Grew up watching even though I was in another NFL market.

It is kinda ridiculous that you can hear the "HHHHEEEEAAAAATHHHHH" cheers on the TV broadcast at a ROAD game. Embarrassing for the Falcons.

zulater
12-15-2014, 10:10 AM
The abundance of Steeler fans at road games is a bit of a double edge sword. I mean it's nice that your fans travel so well. But I also think that at times it works against the Steelers. The reason being sometimes I think it fires up the home team when they see their building being taken over and they get especially fired up to put these outsiders in their place. Or even worse when the perception is that they are local fans with displaced loyalty. Against a contender I don't think this makes any difference. But when you get a team that's dead in the water and basically going through the motions this serves to wake them up from their doldrums.

tube517
12-15-2014, 10:19 AM
Military brought a majority of Steeler fans to my area.

And we stand toe to toe with the Foreskins and Brokeback fans. We are also more organized than those peckerheads. We have rallies at least once/year.

one side only
12-17-2014, 08:07 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2014-12-16/steelers-fans-story

But that’s not what the television announcers are referencing when they continually observe large crowds of Terrible Towel-waving fans and declare that Pittsburgh fans “travel well.” It means they believe there are tens of thousands of Pittsburghers hopping into buses, cars and planes every weekend and traveling to watch their football team play.
This is plainly not true. CBS' Greg Gumbel repeated this fiction Sunday, but he's only the latest. Some of the Pittsburgh fans you’ve seen at games in Tennessee or Atlanta or Cincinnati this season have come from the 412 area code. Some. Not all. Not most. Perhaps not even a lot.