PDA

View Full Version : Bell named AFC Offensive Player of the Week

polamalubeast
12-10-2014, 09:22 AM
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Bell-named-AFC-Offensive-Player-of-the-Week/6bb54ae9-d322-47e8-897a-bb8dc04fb019

Steelman
12-10-2014, 09:23 AM
Well deserved! :tt02:

zulater
12-10-2014, 10:02 AM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/rounds/_/round/1/year/2013

Here's the 2013 NFL draft. If you were to redraft it today who exactly would you pick before LeVeon Bell and Eddie Lacey? I think NFL teams might start to reconsider their de-emphasizing the rb position in the draft. Or at least they should as it appears to me . Look I don't exactly know the nuts and bolts of the league like I once did. So maybe some of these guys drafted in the 1st round are making more of an impact than I realize? I would love to see an expert do an updated 2013 redraft. I can't see how anyone could put anyone above Bell. But I would love to see the argument nonetheless.

Steelman
12-10-2014, 11:12 AM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/rounds/_/round/1/year/2013

Here's the 2013 NFL draft. If you were to redraft it today who exactly would you pick before LeVeon Bell and Eddie Lacey? I think NFL teams might start to reconsider their de-emphasizing the rb position in the draft. Or at least they should as it appears to me . Look I don't exactly know the nuts and bolts of the league like I once did. So maybe some of these guys drafted in the 1st round are making more of an impact than I realize? I would love to see an expert do an updated 2013 redraft. I can't see how anyone could put anyone above Bell. But I would love to see the argument nonetheless.

I'm no expert, but upon first glance the only guy in the first round that I'd say has realized his draft position is Travis Frederick. Got to give it to the Cowboys for once, between that selection and Zach Martin last year, they really solidified that line, which is paying dividends for DeMarco Murray.

There are some other guys that are making various contributions to their teams, but for all the guys drafted before Bell, I'd say Frederick and Kiko Alonso are the only two real impact guys thus far. A case could made for perhaps Vaccaro or Elam, given our safety situation (certainly a better option that Jarvis thus far) but obviously hindsight is 20/20.

SteelerFanInStl
12-10-2014, 05:45 PM
There are some other guys that are making various contributions to their teams, but for all the guys drafted before Bell, I'd say Frederick and Kiko Alonso are the only two real impact guys thus far.

I'd have to disagree with that. Richardson (DROY) and Long have both been studs and have definitely made impact. Ogletree has been a starter since day one for the Rams and is a very important part of their defense. Hopkins has over 1000 yards receiving this year and will continue to get better. There's probably more but those are off the top of my head.

Count Steeler
12-10-2014, 05:56 PM
Yeah, let the other teams ahead of us draft RBs and leave the CB,SS,OT on the board for us so we can pick another OLB.

Congrats to Bell. Well deserved.

zulater
12-10-2014, 08:26 PM
I'd have to disagree with that. Richardson (DROY) and Long have both been studs and have definitely made impact. Ogletree has been a starter since day one for the Rams and is a very important part of their defense. Hopkins has over 1000 yards receiving this year and will continue to get better. There's probably more but those are off the top of my head.

Call me a blind homer, but I wouldn't trade Bell for any two of them. :tt02:

SteelerFanInStl
12-11-2014, 07:59 AM
Call me a blind homer, but I wouldn't trade Bell for any two of them. :tt02:
I wouldn't either but that wasn't my point. I was responding to his statement of only those 2 players having made an impact, which isn't true.

zulater
12-11-2014, 08:18 AM
I wouldn't either but that wasn't my point. I was responding to his statement of only those 2 players having made an impact, which isn't true.

I didn't mean to insinuate that you had. Sorry if it came across that way.

Steelman
12-11-2014, 10:03 AM

My point was only that Bell is arguably the best player in the draft class so far, and definitely a steal for where we drafted him.