PDA

View Full Version : Bell making case as MVP candidate

stillers4me
12-10-2014, 05:40 AM
The Steelers' second-year running back is beginning to make his case.

Bell is second in the league in rushing yards (1,231) and yards from scrimmage (1,924). He's second among running backs in receptions (71) and yards (693) and is ascending on the franchise single-season record book for running backs in all of the above categories.

“Me and (tight ends) Heath (Miller) and (Matt) Spaeth happened to be watching some film,” offensive tackle Kelvin Beachum said Monday, “and Spaeth was like, ‘Man, this is a special running back.'

“He really is a special back, a special individual both in the run and the pass game. Blocking for him, we know if we just give him a little crease, he will take it the distance.” ..............

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/7333891-74/yards-steelers-bell#ixzz3LUhCdTwD

• Coach Mike Tomlin gave the Steelers off Monday — but several players were seen at the facility anyway.
A team spokesman estimated “roughly 50” showed up to work out or study film.
“I was gonna come today, no matter what,” offensive tackle Kelvin Beachum said. “My wife asked me this morning, ‘You going in today?' I said ‘You know it.'
“There's no days off in the NFL, and in the stretch we're in right now where we have a great opportunity in front of us, there's no time to take a day off and relish what happened (in a win at Cincinnnati on Sunday) — you have to go back to work.”

:applaudit:
They get it!! They finally get it!!

Psycho Ward 86
12-10-2014, 11:17 AM
Love the work ethic by the team.

I think we better slow down on the MVP candidacy for now though. Ben and Brown are too big a part of this team for Bell to get it. Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck, and JJ Watt still seem like the usual suspects.

fansince'76
12-10-2014, 12:12 PM
Love the work ethic by the team.

I think we better slow down on the MVP candidacy for now though. Ben and Brown are too big a part of this team for Bell to get it. Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck, and JJ Watt still seem like the usual suspects.

I'll be surprised if Brady doesn't get it. The usual knobslobbing has gone into overdrive.

zulater
12-10-2014, 12:14 PM
I'll be surprised if Brady doesn't get it. The usual knobslobbing has gone into overdrive.

Nah. Not this year. The MVP is Rodgers to lose.

Now if the had an AFC player of the year they'd probably give it to Manning or Brady.

polamalubeast
12-10-2014, 12:16 PM

Rodgers will win it and it's 100% certain......35 TD, 3 INT and his team is 10-3 and the packers have beat the pats in week 13....

tube517
12-10-2014, 12:34 PM

He will be 2nd. They will knobslob him in the playoffs. They almost went into deep depression after his slow start. Tom Jackson from BSPN probably almost overdosed when the Cheats* went 1-2.