PDA

View Full Version : Ron Cook: Quality on Steelers offense beyond the Big Three

Lady Steel
12-09-2014, 12:24 AM
It’s not just about The Big Three, although they are truly dynamic. The Steelers offense is more than Ben Roethlisberger, Le’Veon Bell and Antonio Brown, hard as that might be to believe.

“They get the headlines and stuff and deservedly so,” coach Mike Tomlin said. “But I also think the other guys answer the bell when their number is called.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ron-cook/2014/12/09/Ron-Cook-Quality-on-Steelers-offense-beyond-the-Big-Three/stories/201412090093

Steeldude
12-09-2014, 11:28 AM
The O-line is where it all starts. The RB won't go anywhere without the O-line. Well, unless the RB happens to be Barry Sanders.

ALLD
12-09-2014, 02:14 PM
...or the second coming of Walter Payton.

I would also be willing to trade Landry Jones for the Rams' defense.

zulater
12-09-2014, 03:47 PM
The O-line is where it all starts. The RB won't go anywhere without the O-line. Well, unless the RB happens to be Barry Sanders.

Bell makes the line look better than it blocked on over 40% of his carries by my estimation. Put Ike Redman or wifebeater Dwyer behind this same line and we're not getting anywhere with this ground game.

Bell is the best running back this team's had since Jerome Bettis in 96-97. Plus he's a better receiver than any Steeler back in history. I know they say the position has been devalued in the modern era, but this guy is worth a top 5 pick in any draft.

ALLD
12-09-2014, 06:02 PM
Any team even without a QB would select him #1 if they could have looked 2 years into the future, even #1 overall. He is the back we have been looking for since Willie Parker got injured.