PDA

View Full Version : Week 15:Atlanta Falcons

polamalubeast
12-08-2014, 12:46 PM
The Falcons will likely be 5-8 after tonight against the Packers, but they will still be first in the NFC south!!!!....The Steelers have one of the worst defense against the pass this year and the Falcons have Jones and White as WR, so it could be very ugly if Ryan is hot

Bell must continue to be great and Ben must be consistent in this game.....It could be a very high scoring game

zulater
12-08-2014, 12:53 PM
As I just lamented in another thread Ben apparently had his throwing mechanics get away from him. As a result he was often throwing off his front foot, which of course accounted for his errant and high passes. This was addressed last week and Ben made the corrections necessary to get his groove back. Going under the assumption that Ben will keep things in place now that he knows where it was going off the rails before I think this is going to be a win. Not saying it will be easy. Not saying there wont be moments of anxiety. But if Ben's game is in order the chances are very good that the Steelers will get this one under their belt.

Steelers 34- Falcons 17.

X-Terminator
12-08-2014, 01:07 PM
The Steelers are ranked in the bottom 3rd against the pass. Atlanta is dead last against the pass. There could be a lot of aerial fireworks in this game and could be a high-scoring shootout...IF Haley doesn't get cute and stupid with the game plan.

Still though, it's a bad team on the road coming off what will likely be their 3rd straight loss. You know who else we played in that scenario? The Saints last week.

I'm afraid another loss is in the cards. 41-27 Falcons.

Psycho Ward 86
12-08-2014, 01:19 PM
somehow if theres a letdown, i think it will come against the chiefs or bengals. i think this game will almost end up being one though. 33-31, with a suisham field goal with almost no time on the clock.

watch todd haley go full retard and barely try to pass against the last ranked pass defense in the league until we have no choice in the 4th quarter.

Steelman
12-08-2014, 01:35 PM
This game hinges completely on quarterback pressure by the Steelers. The offense can score points, maybe even a lot of them, but if we can't get pressure on Matt Ryan we won't be able to keep up with Julio Jones and Roddy White.

There is no reason why we can't destroy the Falcons, but I'm fairly certain we'll make it much more difficult than it needs to be.

salamander
12-08-2014, 01:39 PM
Falcons with the win.

steel striker
12-08-2014, 02:09 PM
Yeah no doubt this game concerns me with the way the secondary is getting burned. Ben and the offense will need to put up another 40 berger to get the win. I still thing the steelers will prevail 38-24.

tube517
12-08-2014, 02:18 PM
28-27, Falcons

steelreserve
12-08-2014, 02:52 PM
In typical fashion, we will fall behind something like 14-6 at halftime, come back and score 24 unanswered points, the last of which comes after a turnover on like the opposing 15, then we get first and goal from the one-foot line and get stuffed and have to kick a field goal. Then we give up two touchdowns in three plays.

30-28 Steelers with some controversial ending where they almost have a chance to kick a game-winning field goal but time runs out.

Other teams don't score field goals against us. We're the Steelers - we only give up touchdowns.

st33lersguy
12-08-2014, 02:52 PM
The defense will get carved up, Big Ben will be off his game when it matters, Haley will come out with the stupidest offensive gameplan to date, and Bell will be used very little in the ground game, but Ben will top 300+ yards in garbage time. Steelers lose 38-20 with the Steelers scoring last

ALLD
12-08-2014, 03:10 PM
Keep Ike, Archer and Cortez on the bench and we have a 60% chance of winning.

tube517
12-08-2014, 04:10 PM
Keep Ike, Archer and Cortez on the bench and we have a 60% chance of winning.

Cortex is done for the year. Archer was de-activated last game. I don't see him playing the rest of the year. Ike's last name is Rooney so he's guaranteed a roster spot even if his arm fell off. Swag.

KeiselPower99
12-08-2014, 05:02 PM
All I am going to say is someone will be putting a lot of points on the board.

stillers4me
12-08-2014, 05:45 PM

Steeltreal
12-08-2014, 08:10 PM
This D needs to employ some kind of tertiary scheme, Cause the Secondary Blows!

polamalubeast
12-08-2014, 08:24 PM
The defense of the Falcons is poor at every level!....Can't stop the run, the pass rush is embarrassing and miss a lot of tackle

The Steelers must score at least 30 points against this defense!

86WARD
12-08-2014, 08:53 PM
Julio Jones, Roddy White. If the defense doesn't get pressure on Matt Ryan, Matty-Ice might throw for 500 yards.

salamander
12-08-2014, 08:56 PM
This game has every one of the Steelers weaknesses in it... crappy team in a dome at home against Pittsburgh. It's the recipe for disaster for the Steelers.

NCSteeler
12-08-2014, 09:26 PM
This game has every one of the Steelers weaknesses in it... crappy team in a dome at home against Pittsburgh. It's the recipe for disaster for the Steelers.

Recent history would say this is an easy win for the Dirty Birds, BUT I'm gonna be there sooooo... Steelers win a shoot out. 37-35

Psycho Ward 86
12-08-2014, 09:54 PM
dont forget harry douglas. 1000 yards last season and making a career out of being a strong #3.

And the fact that the have tight ends we've never even heard of should mean automatic monster games from them

st33lersguy
12-08-2014, 10:27 PM
With 4.5 minutes left in the game, Julio Jones has 11 receptions for 259 yards. Yeah, we don't stand a chance against Julio with Mike and Ike in the secondary

Steeltreal
12-08-2014, 10:41 PM
they cant stop the run to the Left!

Psycho Ward 86
12-08-2014, 10:44 PM
With 4.5 minutes left in the game, Julio Jones has 11 receptions for 259 yards. Yeah, we don't stand a chance against Julio with Mike and Ike in the secondary

actually, i find it very likely that we'll completely blank julio jones with a great game plan against him.

and then allow roddy white or harry douglas to GO OFF in his absence.

st33lersguy
12-08-2014, 10:46 PM
The bad news is Pittsburgh has no shot against Atlanta's offense and Todd Haley will surely come up with his worst offensive gameplan of the season plagued with by bubble screens. The good news is Atlanta's rally should have Pittsburgh take notice

- - - Updated - - -

actually, i find it very likely that we'll completely blank julio jones with a great game plan against him.

Or Devin Hester (not known to be a great receiver) or some no-name receiver

Texasteel
12-08-2014, 10:57 PM
I think Haley will try to keep the Falcons offense off the field. I expect to see a lot of Bell. If this is not working the Steelers will simply try to out score the Falcons. I would not be surprised if the winning team
is in the 40s. I expect a Steelers win. The Falcons can not handle a QB that can move outside the pocket.

Merchant
12-08-2014, 10:58 PM
Never thought I would yell so loud at the tv after those two dismal onside kicks by the Falcons; especially the second one. That was their only chance after storming back.

Having said that, I'm glad it wasn't a blowout. We'll definitely take them seriously come Sunday. Will be interesting to see how they approach Julio.. he is a freaking machine.

X-Terminator
12-08-2014, 10:59 PM
The Steelers had better be prepared to score 40+ if they want any chance of winning this game. Because Ryan and Jones totally carved up the Packers' D in the second half, which isn't very good in its own right. Even 30-35 points won't be enough.

Lady Steel
12-08-2014, 11:41 PM
Haley is gonna mix it up with the 4 B's of Ben, Bell, Bryant and Brown, and our Steelers are going to win this one 41-27.

Psycho Ward 86
12-08-2014, 11:42 PM
and lets not forget the falcons scored 50+ on the buccaneers early in the season...a bottom feeder we fucking lost to....brace for impact

stillers4me
12-09-2014, 05:19 AM

polamalubeast
12-09-2014, 06:36 AM
The Falcons are 3-2 in their last 5 games and the 2 losses it was yesterday and the last play of the game against the Browns

Maybe it's not a bad team right now!.....One thing is sure,their offense(passing) is very good

venom
12-09-2014, 07:18 AM
Simple , Falcons under .500 , its a Steelers lose :panic:

one side only
12-09-2014, 08:18 AM
Have to keep an eye on injury reports coming out of Atlanta. Atlanta's last two games are more important than a game against an AFC oppononent, so they may want to be cautious. If Julio Jones has to miss this game, the Steelers will dodge a bullet. I don't think Dick LeBeau would trust Ike to cover Jones in the same manner as Ike attepmpted to do with A.J. Green. The Steelers survived a monster day from Green, and I think they could survive one from Jones as well. The Steelers will have to score in the thirties, but that should be doable against the Falcons. Add in to the mix that the Falcons' coach is even worse than Tomlin at clock management, and I think the Falcons find a way to lose.

st33lersguy
12-09-2014, 08:41 AM
If Julio misses the game, the Steelers will just make someone else look like Julio did last night.

Moose
12-09-2014, 09:53 AM
One prediction... just like in the past few games, this week will be no different...whenever an Atlanta WR scores a TD you'll see Ike running behind him.

86WARD
12-09-2014, 10:04 AM
If Julio misses the game, the Steelers will just make someone else look like Julio did last night.

hopefully roddy white!! lol

Dwinsgames
12-09-2014, 12:27 PM
Have to keep an eye on injury reports coming out of Atlanta. Atlanta's last two games are more important than a game against an AFC oppononent, so they may want to be cautious. If Julio Jones has to miss this game, the Steelers will dodge a bullet. I don't think Dick LeBeau would trust Ike to cover Jones in the same manner as Ike attepmpted to do with A.J. Green. The Steelers survived a monster day from Green, and I think they could survive one from Jones as well. The Steelers will have to score in the thirties, but that should be doable against the Falcons. Add in to the mix that the Falcons' coach is even worse than Tomlin at clock management, and I think the Falcons find a way to lose.

Jones finished Monday night's game with 11 catches, 259 yards and a touchdown before leaving with a hip injury (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000440900/article/injuries-redskins-colt-mccoy-has-neck-strain) late in the fourth quarter. Jones took an awkward shot on a catch in the red zone and never returned. Jones tried to get the injury loose on the sideline, but the Falcons (http://www.nfl.com/teams/atlantafalcons/profile?team=ATL) shut him down for the night even though they were driving for their final touchdown of a 43-37 loss (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000441186/article/green-bay-packers-fend-off-falcons-furious-rally)

if he does not play would be a HUGE break for us

Steeldude
12-09-2014, 12:55 PM
Is anyone else bored with the 40+ point games teams put up now under Goodell's "No defense/Don't hit too hard" league?

Dwinsgames
12-09-2014, 01:07 PM
Is anyone else bored with the 40+ point games teams put up now under Goodell's "No defense/Don't hit too hard" league?

YES

X-Terminator
12-09-2014, 04:44 PM

Do you even have to ask? I got bored with it a long time ago, which is why I only watch Steelers games. If I wanted to watch flag football, I'd go to the local park.

fansince'76
12-09-2014, 04:50 PM

I got bored with it a long time ago, which is why I only watch Steelers games.

This.

Moose
12-09-2014, 05:00 PM
I got to agree with you all also. I just can't sit and watch all this penalty crap on good football playing. There have been a few week's I didn't even watch any games other than college games, just because of the penalties interfering with the game. Boring and time consuming.

SteelerFanInStl
12-09-2014, 05:41 PM

Absolutely. I love to watch a good defense as much as a good offense. Games with no defense suck, especially when the defenders are getting flags thrown at them for just breathing on an offensive player.

ALLD
12-09-2014, 05:51 PM
Falcons have no pass rush and all Ike Taylors running around in the secondary. However, Steelers could go in thinking layup and ruin their own playoff chances from not putting in enough preparation.

Steelers normal game planning:

http://www.grimsdell.org.uk/news/archive/newsphotos/southend2010b.jpg

Dwinsgames
12-09-2014, 05:54 PM
Falcons have no pass rush and all Ike Taylors running around in the secondary. However, Steelers could go in thinking layup and ruin their own playoff chances from not putting in enough preparation.

Steelers normal game planning:

http://www.grimsdell.org.uk/news/archive/newsphotos/southend2010b.jpg

after the battle the falcons just gave the Packers they better not sleep on them

Mojouw
12-09-2014, 06:16 PM

THis post made my day!

Steeldude
12-10-2014, 08:43 AM
Do you even have to ask? I got bored with it a long time ago, which is why I only watch Steelers games. If I wanted to watch flag football, I'd go to the local park.

I think I slowly started watching just Steelers' games around 2003 or so. I can't pinpoint it exactly. It has become much worse since Goodell became the commissioner.

Where is the USFL when you need it? Haha.

I remember watching all sorts of games through the 70s and 90s.

one side only
12-10-2014, 09:04 AM
http://atlantafalcons.blog.ajc.com/2014/12/10/cover99-will-steelers-fans-turn-the-georgia-dome-into-heinz-field-south/

This Atlanta blogger thinks Julio Jones won't play and probably shouldn't given the Falcons can earn the division title even if they lose to the Steelers.

tube517
12-10-2014, 10:37 AM
I think I slowly started watching just Steelers' games around 2003 or so. I can pinpoint it exactly. It has become much worse since Goodell became the commissioner.

Where is the USFL when you need it? Haha.

I remember watching all sorts of games through the 70s and 90s.

I can't watch any other games besides the Steelers. I used to watch every game on Sunday in the 70s, 80s, and part of the 90s. MNF on ABC was fun in the 70s and early 80s. After that, bleh.

st33lersguy
12-10-2014, 11:25 AM
The Falcons have the worst defense in the NFL which means the Steelers will lean heavily on bubble screens that never work and the Steelers offense won't score a TD until the 4th quarter when the game is out of hand (Atlanta's offense will go off)

Steeldude
12-10-2014, 12:21 PM
I can't watch any other games besides the Steelers. I used to watch every game on Sunday in the 70s, 80s, and part of the 90s. MNF on ABC was fun in the 70s and early 80s. After that, bleh.

I loved MNF back in the day also. Do you remember Alcoa presents: You Make the Call?

tube517
12-10-2014, 12:30 PM
I loved MNF back in the day also. Do you remember Alcoa presents: You Make the Call?

Yes and also ALCOA presents Fantastic Finishes!

one side only
12-10-2014, 01:21 PM
Julio Jones, William Moore and Robert Alford did not practice for the Falcons today.

Gay (quad; didn't know about that one) Harrison, Ike DNP

Marcus Gilbert limited.

Shoes
12-10-2014, 07:25 PM
Steelers *should* win this one. I think they will.

GoSlash27
12-10-2014, 07:32 PM
I reviewed everything the Steelers were saying about the Falcons in interviews and then went and looked at everything the Falcons were saying about the Steelers, and one thing really stood out in my mind:
The Falcons players and staff didn't talk like they had a good idea of what they're going to be facing. They were talking as if they were going to be facing the Steelers from 2 years ago.
The Steelers, OTOH, seemed to have a good handle on how the Falcons play ball *this* season.
Coupling this with the fact that the Falcons have (statistically) the worst defense in football and they're going up against a (statistically) very good offense... I'm optimistic about this game.
The wildcard is Jones, who had a pointer last week and didn't participate in practice. Our secondary is on the ropes, and he could potentially blow it up. Ryan is good on long bombs in Atlanta.

*edit* although reading too much into non-participation in Atlanta practice could burn you this week. They're on a short week, so nobody has been above "limited" down there...

one side only
12-11-2014, 10:25 AM
I think the wild card is Stephen Jackson, or conversely, whether the Steelers stop the run. The Falcons are 5-1 when they run the ball at least 25 times.

On defense, the Falcons will try to follow the same game plan that they used against the Cardinals, and also try to duplicate what the Buccaneers did to the Steelers. They don't create a lot of pass rush, so they will blitz early and often.

86WARD
12-11-2014, 11:32 AM
Steven Jackson should not be a factor. A guy that has had 2 rushing games over 60 yards. One of which was for 101. If he is a factor, the Steelers have no chance.