PDA

View Full Version : Paging 'Big Game Ben'

stillers4me
12-07-2014, 08:04 AM
It's time.

Ben Roethlisberger, great as he is, hasn't played big in a big game since, what, 2010? Not coincidentally, that was the last season in which the Steelers won a playoff game.

That was a long time ago.

Roethlisberger speaks openly of winning several more Super Bowl rings. Five, I believe, is the goal. Which means he needs three more. Which means he'd be well-advised to jump-start his dormant clutch gene, starting Sunday in Cincinnati.............

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/joestarkey/7288406-74/roethlisberger-game-steelers#ixzz3LDkEX7qW

fansince'76
12-07-2014, 08:33 AM
So, the Colts game and particularly the second Ravens game weren't "big" games? :rolleyes:

ALLD
12-07-2014, 08:34 AM
Ever since the Tebow loss the Steelers have slid to mediocrity. There was the two game flash this season and everything else around it has been a steaming pile of dog poop.

stillers4me
12-07-2014, 08:43 AM
I'm thinking he meant "Come Back Ben"....the Ben we saw make the last stand to win the game. The Game Winning Drive Ben. The We Lose This Game Over My Dead Body Ben.

We haven't seen that Ben in a long time. It may have something to do with I Don't Know My Head From My Ass Coaches.

Moose
12-07-2014, 09:08 AM
I think a hell of alot of it is the " I don't know my head from my ass coaches". The player's just never seem pumped anymore = inconsistency.

MrPgh
12-07-2014, 10:45 AM
Ever since the Tebow loss the Steelers have slid to mediocrity. There was the two game flash this season and everything else around it has been a steaming pile of dog poop.

Don't forget the Steelers also thought everything was perfectly fine with their defense after that game.

salamander
12-07-2014, 11:34 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't place it solely on Ben. Has he put stinkers out there? Without a doubt. But some of that blame has to go on the shitty job Tomlin and his crew has done in coaching this team overall.

Count Steeler
12-07-2014, 11:37 AM
Disable the microphone in the 4th quarter. School yard football and let it rip.

MrPgh
12-07-2014, 01:34 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't place it solely on Ben. Has he put stinkers out there? Without a doubt. But some of that blame has to go on the shitty job Tomlin and his crew has done in coaching this team overall.

The blame goes all the way to the top of the organization. When the old man went to Ireland, things started going down hill.