PDA

View Full Version : Steelers rookie linebacker hopes to return Sunday

stillers4me
12-07-2014, 07:59 AM
Baltimore rookie linebacker C.J. Mosley is in contention for defensive rookie of the year honors. He has started every game for the Ravens, leads the team in tackles with 105 and is gaining a reputation as one of the top inside linebackers in the AFC.

The Steelers passed on Mosley in the draft and selected another inside linebacker two slots before him with the No. 15 overall pick.

Like Mosley, Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier was immediately penciled into the starting lineup, but injuries have wreaked havoc on his rookie season.

Because of knee and ankle injuries, Shazier has played in just six of the first 12 games.

“It’s real frustrating,” said Shazier, who played in college at Ohio State. “You want to be out there playing and doing what you can, showing the team what you can do, trying to help the team as much as possible.”..............

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2014/12/06/Steelers-rookie-linebacker-hopes-to-return-Sunday/stories/201412060109

SteelerFanInStl
12-07-2014, 09:51 AM
At the time of the draft, my first thought when we drafted Shazier (outside of why we didn't take a CB) was that if we wanted an ILBer, why didn't we take Mosley? I'm still hoping that we didn't make a big mistake here.