PDA

View Full Version : Fun Stats!!

Hawkman
12-06-2014, 12:45 AM
This has become such a great BITCH SITE, just thought I'd throw in a fun stat site!!

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/

Dwinsgames
12-06-2014, 01:24 AM
when life gives you lemons make lemonaid ... at least nobody here has to make 70% of the posts in the forum in order to keep it active , ya know what I mean ?

we do bitch , but only when there is something to bitch about , its part of being a fan ...

but make no mistake we all want what is best for the organization , we just do not all see the same path to achieving it ... and that is what you get on a forum ( not everyone will agree on everything ) that does not always mean one side is right and one is wrong , its just different approaches to solve the same problem sometimes there is a right and wrong way but not always and it rarely can be proven ( in short term anyways ) to what was right or wrong ... and in some cases just " different"

:drink:

Hawkman
12-06-2014, 01:29 AM
If there had been chat boards during Noll's time.....how soon would we have been calling for his head??..........Trust me, I'm not a Tomlin apologizer, but tell me, who was Noll's GM during the 80's?? Any BAD picks there?......and YES ART I was very involved. Don't tell me QB's didn't rule......Joe, Johnny, Terry, Fran, Ken, Roger, Fred, and Jim...(not in that order).....just wanting to make you think. I have been a fan since 1969...(I was VERY young of course), but I started in the dark times, grew up during the great times and struggled through the waning years of the Noll era, was unimpressed with the early years of the Cowherd era, and then enjoyed....the last 10 or so years......and I will say....we live and die by, the Rooneys and a big strong (and some might say, and you know you are ("Ah he's a bum")..QB........(MAYBE MY LAST ENTRY)

Dwinsgames
12-06-2014, 01:47 AM
If there had been chat boards during Noll's time.....how soon would we have been calling for his head??..........Trust me, I'm not a Tomlin apologizer, but tell me, who was Noll's GM during the 80's?? Any BAD picks there?......and YES ART I was very involved. Don't tell me QB's didn't rule......Joe, Johnny, Terry, Fran, Ken, Roger, Fred, and Jim...(not in that order).....just wanting to make you think. I have been a fan since 1969...(I was VERY young of course), but I started in the dark times, grew up during the great times and struggled through the waning years of the Noll era, was unimpressed with the early years of the Cowherd era, and then enjoyed....the last 10 or so years......and I will say....we live and die by, the Rooneys and a big strong (and some might say, and you know you are ("Ah he's a bum")..QB........(MAYBE MY LAST ENTRY)

actually cowhers first 6 years where playoff years coming off a 6 of 7 year drought of playoff football ...

Bad picks in another era does not make bad picks in this era ok , in fact it should be widely recognized that bad picks in earlier eras would be at a much higher rate because of the lack of Tape on players , this is the digital age hell I get tape linked to me all the time on twitter by prospects wanting me to look at it give feedback and help publicize them ( Larry Butler , Paul Porras , Alden Darby , to name a few ) if I am getting those kind of requests ( and I am a nobody in the grand scheme of things ) what do you imagine NFL scouts get ? how about GMs ? Coaches ? Youtube is FULL of video breakdowns , teams have more information from tape , background checks , the combine interviews , senior bowl etc etc than they have ever had in any era .... If you screw up over and over and over again in this era you are just not doing your job very well ... Should be a far higher rate of success of selections now than ever before so for this reason alone comparing eras should just not happen ( in terms of success rate of hit /miss )

I have been a fan as long as you I remember plenty of lean years but many of those teams did not have the same feel or a franchise QB so it for me is quite different ...

as for the ( MAYBE MY LAST ENTRY ) not sure what you mean other than may not return to this forum , am I misinterpreting ? ... if that is what you mean , thats to bad we have know one another in a forum basis for several years now would hate to lose touch but ultimately that is your call ...

:drink:

Shoes
12-06-2014, 09:46 AM
I don't think many would be calling for Noll's head. Most *Steeler fans* were rooting for other teams in the 60's, I remember that well from the games I saw at Forbes Field and Pitt Stadium. And while we didn't have the social media we had something better…people, face to face people. We had teams organized in different towns and played each other every Saturday, afterwards we would talk about pro football. I remember everyone being excited when Noll came on as HC even with the rough start, of course fans increased when the winning did. Like Dwins said *bitching* is part of being a fan, its the only place you'll hear the questions that the steeler media is afraid to ask. I gave Tomlin about four years liberty because of his youth, but imo he has major flaws as a HC. I must say tho, we live and die by Dan Rooney, he's' the one who made this organization and kept the course steady, but we are entering uncharted waters now.