PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Potential Free Agents.

KeiselPower99
12-05-2014, 07:33 PM
I went and looked ahead to our free agent class this offseason and here they are

Fb Will Johnson (Restricted)
WR Darrius Heyward-Bey
TE Michael Palmer
TE Matt Spaeth
OLB James Harrison
OLB Arthur Moats
OLB Jason Worilds
CB Antwon Blake (Restricted)
CB Brice McCain
CB Ike Taylor
S Will Allen
S Robert Golden (Restricted)
LS Greg Warren

Obviously not a lot of names or guys we would miss.

steelreserve
12-05-2014, 08:23 PM
There is not a single person from that list who I would be sad to lose, except Harrison, but that's really not up to us.

It'd be good to have either McCain or Blake back for depth, and possibly Allen if we don't draft a safety. If any of those guys are anywhere near the starting lineup on opening day, I will be PISSED.

Psycho Ward 86
12-05-2014, 08:31 PM
I went and looked ahead to our free agent class this offseason and here they are

WR Darrius Heyward-Bey
TE Michael Palmer
TE Matt Spaeth
OLB James Harrison
OLB Arthur Moats
OLB Jason Worilds
CB Brice McCain
CB Ike Taylor
S Will Allen
LS Greg Warren

RFA's ought to be easily resigned and wanted back on the cheap. Out of the rest i only want Spaeth, Moats, and Warren back. Nice to see that we dont have to worry about any big names hitting the free market.Unfortunately it looks like its going to be an offseason dedicated to handing out big money to Big Ben, Cam Heyward, Leveon Bell (are players with 2 accrued seasons eligible for new contracts?), and maybe Kelvin Beachum.

And of course no moves will be more important than cutting Cam Thomas and Landry Jones. Dear god its amazing how 2 people can wreck your teams roster. Seriously. Think about it.

86WARD
12-05-2014, 08:56 PM
Couldn't care one bit about anyone on that list except for Harrison...and that's just because I'm a fan. Most of that list I would go outof my way to get rid of...lol

KeiselPower99
12-05-2014, 09:12 PM
McCain has not been bad Id like to see him return same with Moats. Johnson if we actually commit to a fb in our offense. Hopefully the front office signs some guys who can come in and backup or start cause the defense needs new talent(as if we didnt already know that)

tube517
12-05-2014, 10:21 PM
There is not a single person from that list who I would be sad to lose, except Harrison, but that's really not up to us.

It'd be good to have either McCain or Blake back for depth, and possibly Allen if we don't draft a safety. If any of those guys are anywhere near the starting lineup on opening day, I will be PISSED.

I agree with this and I'd add Moats FOR DEPTH ONLY. Other than that, like SR, I wouldn't want to see any of these guys on the starting lineup. Deebo said this is it and he said he is done. (I don't think he is going to pull a Favre).

Lady Steel
12-05-2014, 11:41 PM
I think Harrison will be done after this year, too, and I don't blame him, although I'll miss him. His body hurts.

zulater
12-06-2014, 12:04 AM

WR Darrius Heyward-Bey
TE Michael Palmer
TE Matt Spaeth
OLB James Harrison
OLB Arthur Moats
OLB Jason Worilds
CB Brice McCain
CB Ike Taylor
S Will Allen
LS Greg Warren

No!!!!!! Not Heyward Bey!!!! Noooooo!!!!! :jawdrop2: :panic:

:heh:

ALLD
12-06-2014, 08:35 AM
Spaeth, McCain & Allen are keepers at the right price. Everybody else needs to hit the road.

Mojouw
12-06-2014, 12:59 PM
I wouldn't keep a single one of that list besides Moats. As nice as McCain has played, he has hit his ceiling, he is what he is. I would like to see more youth and gambles on high upside players to help fix the lack of playmakers in the back half of the defense.

Shoes
12-06-2014, 02:26 PM
I wouldn't keep a single one of that list besides Moats. As nice as McCain has played, he has hit his ceiling, he is what he is. I would like to see more youth and gambles on high upside players to help fix the lack of playmakers in the back half of the defense.

Agreed Moats is about it, also think its time for a new LS.

st33lersguy
12-07-2014, 05:56 PM
I really hope Ike Taylor retires. He was pretty good for a long time, but he has lost every single ounce of ability he had in his prime. He is done

steelerdude15
12-07-2014, 07:12 PM

WR Darrius Heyward-Bey
TE Michael Palmer
TE Matt Spaeth
OLB James Harrison
OLB Arthur Moats
OLB Jason Worilds
CB Brice McCain
CB Ike Taylor
S Will Allen
LS Greg Warren

I would like the Steelers to bring back Will, Matt, Arthur, Antwon, Brice, Will, Robert, and Greg.

James and Ike will probably retire. Darrius, Michael, and Jason haven't shown enough for new contracts. Of course, Jason has played a lot in coverage instead of blitzing this year.

katmandu
12-07-2014, 09:28 PM
also think its time for a new LS.Why ? Warren has been a rock at LS and if he continues to be healthy why get rid of him ?