PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tomlin, the strategist

one side only
12-03-2014, 08:52 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/10970/mike-tomlins-explanation-of-strategy-as-puzzling-as-the-strategy-itself

Lady Steel
12-03-2014, 08:54 AM
“We left points out there in the first half,” Tomlin said. “That paid dire consequences for us as the game went forward.”

Obviously. :coffee:

NCSteeler
12-03-2014, 09:15 AM
Guys finally getting weary of being asked hard questions and the reporters are finally getting tired of his shtick

SteelerFanInStl
12-03-2014, 12:13 PM
I don't bother to even read/watch Tomlin interviews any more because he always says the same bs.

GBMelBlount
12-03-2014, 01:06 PM
Obviously. :coffee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE7YKu8apPA

steelreserve
12-03-2014, 01:17 PM
I can't blame the coaching for all of our mistakes in that game. A lot of it was just the offense (Ben in particular) deciding to shoot itself in the foot at key moments. I know "execution" has become a cliche around here, but I really saw that as the main issue especially in the first half, when we could've built a huge lead. (I almost said insurmountable, but there is no such thing as "insurmountable" with our defense, just dial up a couple 50-yard bombs and watch your guy be wide open way down the field.)

In terms of having the right players and using them correctly, yeah, that's right on the coaching staff. But apart from the DHB fiasco and the idiotic Archer-up-the-middle call, I didn't see a lot that I really hated. Most of that was from the players this time.

ALLD
12-03-2014, 06:37 PM
They are playing like it's the first game of the season with all new players. No focus, identity or leadership.

st33lersguy
12-03-2014, 07:11 PM
He talks like Obama

salamander
12-03-2014, 08:00 PM
I don't bother to even read/watch Tomlin interviews any more because he always says the same bs.

My thoughts exactly. I'm sick of hearing him spew out crap. He's all talk. I used to enjoy the "Tomlinisms" and whatnot, but now they just annoy the hell out of me. :ranger:

Count Steeler
12-03-2014, 08:01 PM
Did you mean this to be in the comedy section?

Steeldude
12-04-2014, 08:34 AM
My thoughts exactly. I'm sick of hearing him spew out crap. He's all talk. I used to enjoy the "Tomlinisms" and whatnot, but now they just annoy the hell out of me. :ranger:

I was annoyed by them in his first season : )

I wonder if a team would pick him up if the Steelers let him go.

86WARD
12-04-2014, 06:28 PM
Instead of the idea of trading Ben, maybe they should explore the idea of trading Tomlin. I'm sure they could get something of value for him.