12-02-2014, 09:53 PM
"we will unleash hell vs most of the bottom feeders"

st33lersguy
12-02-2014, 10:17 PM
"We are not gonna go 8-8 again"

Hopefully: "You hiring?"

tube517
12-02-2014, 10:32 PM
We have seen this horror show before....2012, 2013, 2014?

vader29
12-02-2014, 10:32 PM
"Obviously I am happy to have signed this 10 year contract extension with the Steelers and the opportunity it provides and hope to live up to the standard that is the standard and my arrow continues to point up during the duration of the contract."

:heh:

silver & black
12-06-2014, 10:27 AM
"we will unleash hell vs most of the bottom feeders"

Or........ the other way around? Sorry, it was just teed up so nice.:wink02:

ALLD
12-06-2014, 12:28 PM
I see Tomlin as more of a conventional Defensive Coordinator than a HC.

GBMelBlount
12-06-2014, 01:03 PM

Looks like we could use one right about now.

So how bad a head coach was munchak?

Shoes
12-06-2014, 02:12 PM

I see him as a position coach and nothing more.

Dwinsgames
12-06-2014, 02:24 PM
I see him more as an excuse maker than I do a football coach ....

maybe that is just me ?

Shoes
12-06-2014, 02:27 PM
I see him more as an excuse maker than I do a football coach ....

maybe that is just me ?

:chuckle: I was trying to be generous.

GBMelBlount
12-06-2014, 04:07 PM
I see him as a position coach and nothing more.

What position?

Fetal?

http://activerain.trulia.com/image_store/uploads/1/7/8/2/0/ar127309612502871.jpg

Mojouw
12-06-2014, 04:50 PM
So which of these coaches should also be fired?

Tom Coughlin
Both Harbaughs
Pete Carrol
Mike Smith
Sean Payton
Marc Trestman
Ron Rivera
Andy Reid
Whoever coaches the Chargers

All of these teams have records about identical or worse than the Steelers. Many are vastly under-performing when compared to talent on the roster, pre-season expectations, or both. Many have had embarrassing and/or unpredictable losses to supposedly inferior teams. At least two teams on that list have clearly quit on games before the final whistle. Several of the teams on that list have had divided locker rooms and players openly complaining about game plan, playing time, franchise direction, or all of the above.

Again, you can bash me as a Tomlin apologist all you want, but when I look around the league, I don't see the Steelers as far below the line as it gets made out on this board. The team never blatantly quits on a play or a game. The players don't get the same beaten down going through the motions look you see on many sidelines each Sunday. You want to talk about lack of ideas and lack of a game-plan -- take a look at what the Jets came up with against the Dolphins last Monday night. Terrible.

If we hold everyone to the same standards then Tomlin and at least 6 and most likely 8 of the folks on the above list should be canned in 4 weeks time.

GBMelBlount
12-06-2014, 05:11 PM
Mojo

you can bash me as a Tomlin apologist all you want

Personally I am just playing / venting.

I think we need another year or two to really know which direction the team and coaching is going.

Although with an average QB we would likely have been well below .500 3 years in a row.

ALLD
12-06-2014, 05:13 PM
Coughlin, SF Harbaugh, Mike Smith and Rex "Feet Smeller" Ryan should be gone like a fart in the wind.

86WARD
12-06-2014, 05:14 PM
I'd take 6 of those coaches over Tomlin in an instant. Wouldn't think twice about it. Maybe more thinking about it. Tomlin is a buffoon and he's proving it week after week as this team is mismanaged, unprepared and outplayed. Not only this season, but Tomlin has a history of the aforementioned...a 3 season history of it now. The same can't be said about most of that list...

Dwinsgames
12-06-2014, 05:25 PM

Tom Coughlin
Both Harbaughs
Pete Carrol
Mike Smith
Sean Payton
Marc Trestman
Ron Rivera
Andy Reid

All of these teams have records about identical or worse than the Steelers. Many are vastly under-performing when compared to talent on the roster, pre-season expectations, or both. Many have had embarrassing and/or unpredictable losses to supposedly inferior teams. At least two teams on that list have clearly quit on games before the final whistle. Several of the teams on that list have had divided locker rooms and players openly complaining about game plan, playing time, franchise direction, or all of the above.

Again, you can bash me as a Tomlin apologist all you want, but when I look around the league, I don't see the Steelers as far below the line as it gets made out on this board. The team never blatantly quits on a play or a game. The players don't get the same beaten down going through the motions look you see on many sidelines each Sunday. You want to talk about lack of ideas and lack of a game-plan -- take a look at what the Jets came up with against the Dolphins last Monday night. Terrible.

If we hold everyone to the same standards then Tomlin and at least 6 and most likely 8 of the folks on the above list should be canned in 4 weeks time.

actually my friend I believe MANY of those coaches should and will be fired / relieved of their duties and In Jim Hairballs case traded if a suitor can be found after a down season

so the way I see it ...

Jim Hairball -Gone
Mike Smith -Gone
Mark Trestman -Gone
Ron Rivera -Gone
Tom Coughlin -on hot seat and could be gone
both John Hairball and Pete Carrol stay put this soon after a SB run and a roster turnover in Baltimore
Andy Reid turned that franchise around in season 1 this is just season 2 and not out of it yet ..
Seam Payton wont go anyplace as long as Drew Brees likes him ( IMO ) they need a def

Tomlin has failed to deliver a winning record in 3 years ( if this season plays out as anticipated ) so for me he should be in the same boat as the first 4-5 I listed

edit ..as a side note that " pathetic game plan " nearly worked for the Jets .. I hated it but the fact is when they asked their QB to go win the game he shit the bed , before that he was average 4-8 ( 50% ) and the game was tied at 13 with 5 min left in the contest ...

Shoes
12-06-2014, 05:30 PM

Tom Coughlin
Both Harbaughs
Pete Carrol
Mike Smith
Sean Payton
Marc Trestman
Ron Rivera
Andy Reid

Mojouw, I wonder how many of them had 3 years of washed out draft classes? How many of them are relying on 35 & 36 year old players to squeak games out? Ike's done, Troys done, Harrison and K are done and Miller is next. That leaves Ben. Are any of the above coaches in this same position with their teams? Tomlin and Colbert have dug themselves a hole too deep.

Mojouw
12-07-2014, 09:47 AM
Mojouw, I wonder how many of them had 3 years of washed out draft classes? How many of them are relying on 35 & 36 year old players to squeak games out? Ike's done, Troys done, Harrison and K are done and Miller is next. That leaves Ben. Are any of the above coaches in this same position with their teams? Tomlin and Colbert have dug themselves a hole too deep.

Quick look at Baltimore and it seems like they have had a ton of draft picks wash out or be stuck on the end of the bench as well. Also the Ravens are relying on Steve Smith and Daryl Smith - both on the wrong side of 30 and that was w/out injuries ravaging the roster. Their secondary is likely even worse than the Steelers.

Again, not saying that Tomlin and Colbert haven't made mistakes (because they certainly have) but are those mistakes more or less than their peers? I think they are about average at worst and slightly less mistakes than average at best. Likely not enough to get fired.

Also, I don't know if this is length of time since the draft or the quality of the talent pool overall, but that 2008 draft was simply bad top to bottom. There are a ton of players that are out of football, let alone the ones that just aren't any good! http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2008/draft.htm