PDA

View Full Version : Fire Everyone/Hire?

Hawkman
12-01-2014, 11:23 PM
For those of you (most) who want to get rid of everyone (top down), Give me replacements, (including Munch because apparently the O-line isn't working...even though we have the AFC leading rusher and AFC third leading passer.

Colbert-sucks...always has......replaced by?__________
Tomlin-sucks.........................replaced by?__________
Haley-hated by everyone........replaced by?__________
LeBeau-Old...........................replaced by?_________
Mitchell.....well sucks..............replaced by?__________
Smith....really sucks...............replaced by?__________
Butler...21 sacks..sucks...........replaced by?__________
Munch..allowed 31 sacks/sucks replaced by ?_________
Daniel..semi sucks...................replaced by?__________
Fichtner....terrible....................replaced by?_________
Lake..Kill Him...sucks...............replaced by?________
Mann.....semi sucks.................replaced by?_________
Saxon....semi sucks.................replaced by?_________
Sarrett....sucks just because.....replaced by?_________
Olsavsky...semi sucks...............replaced by?__________
Porter.kill him before he.............replaced by?___________
Glemont...barbell on the head.....replaced by?__________

and as far as the top.......Dan Snyder wants to buy the Steelers, because the coaches are getting fired and the Rooneys are interfering....perfect for him.

Shoes
12-02-2014, 12:11 AM
I don't recall anyone saying all the folks on that list suck…only the first three. Butler should not be given the job as DC until all other prospects were interviewed.

Any of these three would be better than Colbert. Brian Gutekunst, Jon Robinson, Eric Decosta

I also think Darell Bevell would be a big improvement over Tomlin. Or let one of the Gm's above hire the HC and let the HC pick his staff.

steelreserve
12-02-2014, 12:27 AM
It's looking like Jim Harbaugh may be available after the season ...

:behindsofa:

But seriously, much as we all know that guy is a classless prick, would he be a superior coach to the current one? You'd have to be smoking crack not to think so. If he could come in and get us back contending for the Super Bowl in a year or two, I'd take that in a second.

So what if he's an asshole and we couldn't stand him? We can't stand the coach we have now either. So all else being equal, I'd rather be winning than have a coach who's great at media soundbites and hanging out.

fansince'76
12-02-2014, 12:43 AM
It's looking like Jim Harbaugh may be available after the season ...

:behindsofa:

But seriously, much as we all know that guy is a classless prick, would he be a superior coach to the current one? You'd have to be smoking crack not to think so. If he could come in and get us back contending for the Super Bowl in a year or two, I'd take that in a second.

So what if he's an asshole and we couldn't stand him? We can't stand the coach we have now either. So all else being equal, I'd rather be winning than have a coach who's great at media soundbites and hanging out.

Even though he'd probably be on the outs with team management and lose the locker room by season 4, primarily because he is such a prick? I dunno. Besides that, SF isn't exactly setting the league afire at the moment themselves. Maybe if he'd actually won it all before leaving a pile of rubble in his wake, but even then having to hire another HC and completely start over again inside of 4 years doesn't appeal to me either.

If I could have any HC right now, it would probably be Andy Reid. It's not his fault he has been saddled with the likes of McNabb and now Alex Smith. I think he could finally get over the hump with Ben. And pursuant to that, I also think the dipshit play calling on offense would stop as well. (Max-protect with no checkdown and forcing your QB to either take a sack or throw deep into double coverage to Heyward-Bey (of all people), anybody? I mean, what could possibly go wrong there?) And I won't be the least bit surprised if we get badly outcoached when KC comes to town.

steelreserve
12-02-2014, 01:49 AM
Even though he'd probably be on the outs with team management and lose the locker room by season 4, primarily because he is such a prick? I dunno. Besides that, SF isn't exactly setting the league afire at the moment themselves. Maybe if he'd actually won it all before leaving a pile of rubble in his wake, but even then having to hire another HC and completely start over again inside of 4 years doesn't appeal to me either.

If I could have any HC right now, it would probably be Andy Reid. It's not his fault he has been saddled with the likes of McNabb and now Alex Smith. I think he could finally get over the hump with Ben. And pursuant to that, I also think the dipshit play calling on offense would stop as well. (Max-protect with no checkdown and forcing your QB to either take a sack or throw deep into double coverage to Heyward-Bey (of all people), anybody? I mean, what could possibly go wrong there?)

The problem in SF is that they got an order from the top and went into "protect your investment" mode with Kaepernick, but he's a shitty pocket passer. (I don't know why teams do that these days with mobile quarterbacks and could write a whole essay on why it's a dipshit move. You look at most quarterbacks, and even most "running" quarterbacks historically, and where do they tend to suffer major/career-threatening injuries? Trying to throw passes from the pocket, not scrambling. You can get beat up a little running the ball, but mostly you just need to have a backup QB who can win a couple of games for you when that happens. It's not a torn ACL every week, sheesh.) But anyway, the point is I think they're still a good team except for the offense basically playing with one hand tied behind its back (stupid) and if they ever fix that, they'll still be a good team after Harbaugh is gone.

If Harbaugh came here and lasted 4 years before wearing out his welcome, that coincides nicely with the final years of Ben's career, and after that, we're starting over anyway. We know the jerk is good with QB's, so I doubt our dipshit play calling will persist, and who knows, maybe he helps us in the succession hunt also. He seems to draft better and use personnel better than most. But the way I see it, he'd give us the best shot at opening the window up again before Ben is done, and so what if he's not around for 15 years; it's not the end of the world. Plus he's realistically one of the few legitimately top-tier guys who will be available.

If I wanted to spend 10 years building a steadily successful franchise, Reid would definitely be the guy; problem is, that's just dreaming. And the ticking of the Ben clock affects things a lot too. That's why I think the short-term dildo would actually be effective in this case.

fansince'76
12-02-2014, 02:02 AM
If I wanted to spend 10 years building a steadily successful franchise, Reid would definitely be the guy; problem is, that's just dreaming.

Maybe so, but Tomlin probably isn't going anywhere anyway.

Steeldude
12-02-2014, 03:16 AM
I think Munchak deserves more than one season. Also, sometimes the talent just isn't there. Same can be said for the defense. Lebeau works with what he is given. I am not saying he is not without fault, but the talent to run Lebeau's doesn't seem to be there.

The assistants can't be blamed that much.

stillers4me
12-02-2014, 05:38 AM
Get rid of Munchak? No way......he needs a couple of drafts to pick up a few of his own guys before the verdict is up.

Hawkman
12-02-2014, 07:01 AM
I don't recall anyone saying all the folks on that list suck…

There have been plenty of "the entire coaching staff needs to go" comments....in the heat of the moment. I just wanted to get people thinking realistically, even though we have no control.

Shoes
12-02-2014, 08:09 AM
ND coach, Brian Kelly would also make a nice replacement for Tomlin.

one side only
12-02-2014, 09:10 AM
ND coach, Brian Kelly would also make a nice replacement for Tomlin.

I agree. Tomlin isn't going anywhere until he wants to. I'd love to see Jay Gruden be one and done with the Redskins, and Tomlin go there. His press conference style would fit in perfectly in D.C.

tube517
12-02-2014, 09:28 AM
I'd keep Munchak for sure.

Steelman
12-02-2014, 09:30 AM
I agree. Tomlin isn't going anywhere until he wants to. I'd love to see Jay Gruden be one and done with the Redskins, and Tomlin go there. His press conference style would fit in perfectly in D.C.

QFT.

Colbert-sucks...always has......replaced by?__________
Tomlin-sucks.........................replaced by?__________
Haley-hated by everyone........replaced by?__________
LeBeau-Old...........................replaced by?_________
Mitchell.....well sucks..............replaced by?__________
Smith....really sucks...............replaced by?__________
Butler...21 sacks..sucks...........replaced by?__________
Munch..allowed 31 sacks/sucks replaced by ?_________
Daniel..semi sucks...................replaced by?__________
Fichtner....terrible....................replaced by?_________
Lake..Kill Him...sucks...............replaced by?________
Mann.....semi sucks.................replaced by?_________
Saxon....semi sucks.................replaced by?_________
Sarrett....sucks just because.....replaced by?_________
Olsavsky...semi sucks...............replaced by?__________
Porter.kill him before he.............replaced by?___________
Glemont...barbell on the head.....replaced by?__________

I think your thread is tongue in cheek, but I'll play it seriously:

- Colbert needs to go. / Steve Keim?

- My take on Tomlin is that he's replaceable. Decent coach, yeah maybe, but not a HOF coach by any measure. If we fired him tomorrow I don't think we'd miss him. Someone else could do just as competent if not a better job. / That being said, I don't see the Rooney's giving him the axe yet.

- If we're not going to buy a real NT then LeBeau needs to retire. His defense is useless without one and he doesn't seem keen on adjusting his system to the players. Bring in a young guy to shake up the defense, be that Butler or someone else. / Matt Patricia from NE?

- Get rid of Haley. Even if he has real golden moments, all the moments in between are pure shit. Get somebody who knows what they're doing and isn't stuck on their own inflated ego. / Chuds? Where's he coaching these days?

- Smith needs to go. Boggles my mind how atrocious the ST unit has been for so many years. / God, I don't even know...figure out who has the best ST in the league and poach their coach.

- Give Munch more time, he knows what he's doing.

- Saxon has been good for Bell, I would keep him and try to find a half decent backup RB for him to work with.

steelreserve
12-02-2014, 10:56 AM
I think Munchak deserves more than one season. Also, sometimes the talent just isn't there. Same can be said for the defense. Lebeau works with what he is given. I am not saying he is not without fault, but the talent to run Lebeau's doesn't seem to be there.

The assistants can't be blamed that much.

Anyone who wants to get rid of Munchak is an idiot. The line isn't perfect, but you can definitely tell the difference. I would only expect things to keep getting better the longer he's around. My main concern with him is that I think he was on a one-year deal and may be looking at this as a stepping stone back to a bigger job elsewhere.

They need to tell Tomlin, LeBeau and Colbert at the end of the season that they have 60 days to come up with a real nose tackle or they fight each other to the death. Then the survivor is fired and infected with whatever Cam Thomas has.

86WARD
12-02-2014, 10:58 AM
Munchak should be the last man standing.

Dwinsgames
12-02-2014, 11:11 AM
Munchak should be the last man standing.

Saxon should be included into that secret society

Hawkman
12-02-2014, 04:16 PM
QFT.

I think your thread is tongue in cheek,

Quite so!

86WARD
12-02-2014, 08:08 PM
Saxon should be included into that secret society

I'd be good with that.