PDA

View Full Version : First half obs

Steeltreal
08-22-2010, 11:08 AM
Carl Banks said it best at halftime, "Dumb and dumber" Taylor vs Nicks

Offense
-Is Hotel a real good nickname for Flozell?
-They need to axe the reverse
-TE's made some good grabs
- Pouncey at Center is a noticeable upgrade
- Draft Mike Wallace fantasy league players
- Redman got looks at fullback but just make him the redzone guy already, im tired of seeing Mewelde Moore back there. His value is rising everygame and Moore = less

Defense
-Mcfadden beat on a 45yd completion to Steve Smith, then gets froze on Bradshaws TD run.
-Timmons has to be the fastest Lb in the league.
-Lewis and Burnett are outplaying Gay

Edman
08-22-2010, 11:31 AM
Memo is not a short yardage back. It's become obvious now. That's the countless time I've seen him get stuffed at the Goal Line. And it cost the Steelers several points twice yesterday. It really irked me why Redman wasn't in the game both times.

I also agree with Axing the Reverse. It's Arians getting cute again, and it never works. There's one thing about keeping your opponent off guard, and then there's getting cute in your gameplan. Sure enough, the Steelers got loss'd. It's that kind of mess that would make the Steelers Offense go cold for lengthy periods last year.

Devilsdancefloor
08-22-2010, 11:46 AM
flo should change his nickname to slo... i hope it is just a preseason thing

Steeldude
08-22-2010, 12:09 PM
-Mcfadden beat on a 45yd completion to Steve Smith, then gets froze on Bradshaws TD run

i'm still wondering why fans were happy to see mcfadden return. he could have had his usual PI penalty called on him early in the game when he tied up smith while the ball was in the air.

well here's hoping mcfadden learns how to be a DB this year.

SteelerEmpire
08-22-2010, 12:22 PM
Moore is a "receiving and blocking" RB... that's always been his best contribution to the Steelers.
McFadden is what you call a big play CB for both the opponent and the team. Either he is making a pic, or he's getting burned badly... both big plays... no grey area in between.
Flozell needs a hearing aid because he is deaf in one ear.

The Duke
08-22-2010, 01:02 PM
-Lewis and Burnett are outplaying Gay

I hope Lewis gets better from his concussion and challenges BMac for the job

Both the young corners are playing well. And gay had a couple of good plays last night too

Steeltreal
08-22-2010, 04:22 PM
McFadden is what you call a big play CB for both the opponent and the team. Either he is making a pic, or he's getting burned badly... both big plays... no grey area in between.

that sounds like Anthony Smith

86WARD
08-22-2010, 04:54 PM
Redman was awful at FB. He missed several key blocks. If Mendenhall goes down the Steelers are in bad shape. I wouldn't be surprised to see Willie back in the mix when all is said and done...and that is the last thing I'd want. Mendenhall's got to get his fumbling under control...he is to fumbling what Willie Colon was to holding. Redman looked great as a HB...but he was going against subpar competition. Need to see it against the top tiers. Moore has been on the decline for two years now. He was HORRENDOUS last season. He's a great blocking back, but Mendenhall's going to get a shot at being out there for most of the offensive plays until he gets tired or shows he can't handle it.

Pouncey is just plain bad ass!!

Wallace >>> Holmes. I love how they said the Steelers lost their most dynamic player in Santonio Holmes...

Galax Steeler
08-22-2010, 05:39 PM
Memo is not a short yardage back. It's become obvious now. That's the countless time I've seen him get stuffed at the Goal Line. And it cost the Steelers several points twice yesterday. It really irked me why Redman wasn't in the game both times.

Would it be because our line cannot block. How many times did the defense get into the backfield before the ball got to the running back.