PDA

View Full Version : This in-season move has a sad tone

stillers4me
12-01-2014, 03:44 PM
Every time a team makes an in-season roster move, there can be a sense of hope attached to it because of the addition of someone new, someone hopefully better. Other times, there’s an unpleasantness attached, some sadness even.

The Steelers made a roster move today, and it deserves to be placed in the latter category.

What was feared all along has been confirmed. Brett Keisel tore a triceps in Sunday’s game against the New Orleans Saints, and he has been placed on the injured reserve list. The injury is a significant one and will require surgery, likely to happen soon, and then a lengthy period of rehabilitation.

It’s not the end anyone wanted for Keisel this season, a year that began with him at home while the Steelers prepared for 2014 through the long process of the offseason program, OTAs, minicamp, and then the customary three-week sentence to the dormitories at Saint Vincent College. It wasn’t until Aug. 20 that Keisel signed a two-year contract to return to the only NFL team he ever has known, partly because he couldn’t imagine himself ever wearing a different uniform...........

read more @ http://brettkeisel.com/764/

Steelman
12-01-2014, 03:56 PM
Thanks for everything, Brett. From your amazing beard to generally being a beast even as an old geezer, you brought some heart back into a team that doesn't have much. This is probably the end of the road for you in the NFL, but you were a truly great Steeler and will be remembered as a respected wearer of the Black and Gold.

Godspeed on your recovery! :beard::old::tt02::thumbsup:

(P.S., before all the internet trolls jump all over me, I know he'll never read this, but I wanted to say it anyway.)

Lady Steel
12-01-2014, 05:41 PM
Thanks for everything, Brett. From your amazing beard to generally being a beast even as an old geezer, you brought some heart back into a team that doesn't have much. This is probably the end of the road for you in the NFL, but you were a truly great Steeler and will be remembered as a respected wearer of the Black and Gold.

Godspeed on your recovery! :beard::old::tt02::thumbsup:

(P.S., before all the internet trolls jump all over me, I know he'll never read this, but I wanted to say it anyway.)

I echo your sentiments.

Brett is the epitome of what a Pittsburgh Steeler should be, both as a player and as a man.

Thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery.

Devilsdancefloor
12-01-2014, 06:17 PM
This makes me sad very very sad.

SteelerFanInStl
12-01-2014, 07:30 PM
Sad to see Da Beard go out with another injury. Reminds me of Aaron Smith.

I also believe that he's done. Thanks for everything Brett!

Clifton Geathers is the best that we could come up with to take his roster spot? That's pretty sad.

ALLD
12-01-2014, 07:46 PM
A great last two seasons to stand on his own without being over shadowed by bigger names. One of the remaining true Steelers.

stillers4me
12-01-2014, 08:19 PM

Shoes
12-01-2014, 09:05 PM
Maybe coach Keisel next year.

one side only
12-01-2014, 09:12 PM
I never thought Keisel could last 16 games. While an injury can happen at any time, the Steelers should have managed his snaps better, giving Tuitt some more reps. If this Geathers guy plays more than Tuitt, I will be flabbergasted.

Count Steeler
12-01-2014, 09:23 PM
Sad to see Da Beard go out with another injury. Reminds me of Aaron Smith.

I also believe that he's done. Thanks for everything Brett!

Clifton Geathers is the best that we could come up with to take his roster spot? That's pretty sad.

Cause Landry Jones is our future!

- - - Updated - - -

I never thought Keisel could last 16 games. While an injury can happen at any time, the Steelers should have managed his snaps better, giving Tuitt some more reps. If this Geathers guy plays more than Tuitt, I will be flabbergasted.

Won't it take him 3 years to begin to understand this defense?

Hawkman
12-01-2014, 10:45 PM
[QUOTE=Count Steeler;462419]Cause Landry Jones is our future!

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]

HOW THE F&$K DO YOU FIND A WAY TO WORK LANDRY JONES INTO THIS THREAD!!

Count Steeler
12-02-2014, 03:49 PM
Cause Landry Jones is our future!

HOW THE F&$K DO YOU FIND A WAY TO WORK LANDRY JONES INTO THIS THREAD!!

We just got poached for 2 defensive players off our practice squad. Rather than being able to use 1 of them, our FO saw fit to leave Landry Jones on the roster. So now we have to pick up street fodder rather than give an opportunity to Williams or Mauro.

st33lersguy
12-02-2014, 10:19 PM
Sad to see Da Beard go down with injury. Also sad that we are turning to a guy that got cut by the flippin Redskins

Steeltreal
12-02-2014, 10:38 PM
I never thought Keisel could last 16 games. While an injury can happen at any time, the Steelers should have managed his snaps better, giving Tuitt some more reps. If this Geathers guy plays more than Tuitt, I will be flabbergasted.Thats more on McClendon being out than Rookie getting snaps in Lebeaus D

Steeldude
12-03-2014, 02:11 AM

Don't be surprised if Geathers starts. Think about it this way, what if Jones never gets hurt? It means the Steelers best defensive player(Harrison) isn't acquired. Funny how an old, out-of-work Harrison takes the starting position and retains it after the other LBs were deemed better. It makes me seriously wonder if Tomlin and Co. can evaluate talent.

Heinz Hitman
12-04-2014, 07:25 PM
It makes me seriously wonder if Tomlin and Co. can evaluate talent.

psssst......they can't.