GBMelBlount
11-30-2014, 04:32 PM
Thank God we still have Landry Jones.

st33lersguy
11-30-2014, 05:06 PM
Nice job Tomlin and Colbert

zulater
11-30-2014, 05:10 PM
Thank God we still have Landry Jones. Yeah two seasons back they cut Hoyer to make a roster spot, but they couldn't cut Landry? :doh:

salamander
11-30-2014, 05:30 PM
Who is going to fill in now?

Psycho Ward 86
11-30-2014, 05:33 PM
dont worry guys. cam thomas will take every snap at that spot in his place. #championship

fucking shoot me

86WARD
11-30-2014, 05:44 PM
More blunders by the front office.

Drazo85
11-30-2014, 05:52 PM
Are there anyone left on the other teams practice squads worth considering? Maybe Steelers can scavenge someone like cards did to them.

Dwinsgames
11-30-2014, 06:32 PM
Are there anyone left on the other teams practice squads worth considering? Maybe Steelers can scavenge someone like cards did to them.

yea a couple nice S prospects out there and a once highly thought of CB ......

some other fringe players that could go either way ...

funny thing is Colbert won't do shit will sink or swim with what we have

Ras-I Dowling CB - Raiders ...highly thought of when entering the draft a few years back , great size and athletic ability

Ed Reynolds S - Philly ...I liked this kid quite a bit was one of my higher ranked safety prospects in last years draft

Ricardo Allen CB Falcons ... size is his only issue he is a lock down slot player quicker than fast and has some ball skills

Robert Lester S Carolina ...productive , high motor player that is not afraid of hitting you

Shoes
11-30-2014, 06:48 PM
Tomlin's still has his welfare guys..

DHB

Justin Brown

Mike Mitchell

Cam Thomas

C. Allen

M. Adams

Ike

and of course the king of welfare Landry Jones, who has done absolutely nothing, other than polishing off another bag of sunflower seeds today.

Drazo85
11-30-2014, 07:07 PM

Ras-I Dowling CB - Raiders ...highly thought of when entering the draft a few years back , great size and athletic ability

Ed Reynolds S - Philly ...I liked this kid quite a bit was one of my higher ranked safety prospects in last years draft

Ricardo Allen CB Falcons ... size is his only issue he is a lock down slot player quicker than fast and has some ball skills

Robert Lester S Carolina ...productive , high motor player that is not afraid of hitting you

I liked Reynolds as well.
Dowling was second round pick few years ago. Patriots picked him, and if i remember corectly he had trouble staying healthy.

Count Steeler
11-30-2014, 07:17 PM

But we don't need help in the secondary.

Drazo85
11-30-2014, 07:28 PM
We need all the help we can get. Especially on defense.

Psycho Ward 86
11-30-2014, 07:31 PM
if its any consolation, even with Mauro on board, Cam Thomas would get all the fucking snaps in place of Keisel

Shoes
11-30-2014, 07:32 PM
Get Joe Kruger off the PS before someone takes him too.

86WARD
11-30-2014, 08:02 PM
Dowling would be poached in an instant if I were GM of this team.

Dwinsgames
11-30-2014, 08:21 PM
Dowling would be poached in an instant if I were GM of this team.

same here

KeiselPower99
11-30-2014, 08:47 PM
I am obviously in the minority here but I do not understand all the hype with Mauro. Undrafted guy that needed a year to grow into a NFL 3-4 end placed on practice squad to develop and was signed away. Bigger loss should be Nick Williams. He was in his 2nd year with us.

86WARD
11-30-2014, 08:50 PM
I am obviously in the minority here but I do not understand all the hype with Mauro. Undrafted guy that needed a year to grow into a NFL 3-4 end placed on practice squad to develop and was signed away. Bigger loss should be Nick Williams. He was in his 2nd year with us.

I kind of agree. He was a prospect but not guaranteed to be the future

Dwinsgames
11-30-2014, 09:19 PM

I scouted him and had him as a 4th round talent , he showed up worked hard and outplayed our 2nd round pick in the preseason went to practice squad because we resigned Keisel away form arizona , arizona then steal him from our practice squad ... 9 days later he is a starter with the cardinals and gets raved reviews from their fans and media , twitter gushes over him at same time ...

all this is just reinforcement to me that I was not wrong about him as a prospect ... he has been with the cardinals 2 weeks and a couple days and has logged 2 starts and has not embarrassed himself to date ... can we say the same thing about Cam Thomas ? how about anyone we drafted in this past draft or signed as a free agent ?

so while some may say he is a year away I call bullshit because he is doing it now as a rookie ..Mauro has done more than Nick William already IMO

KeiselPower99
12-01-2014, 07:32 PM
Regardless of where you had him ranked the truth is he went undrafted. Is the draft an exact process? No.but to rest all hopes on an undrafted guy is insane. Would you rather have seen Thomas play all season because thats what would have happened had Keisel not been resigned. You and I both know Mauro would not have seen the field.

Dwinsgames
12-01-2014, 07:53 PM
Regardless of where you had him ranked the truth is he went undrafted. Is the draft an exact process? No.but to rest all hopes on an undrafted guy is insane. Would you rather have seen Thomas play all season because thats what would have happened had Keisel not been resigned. You and I both know Mauro would not have seen the field.

that is partly where our system is flawed because he SHOULD have been on the active roster , and most certainly should have started over Cam Thomas ...

Its not because me an Josh talk its because he is the superior player ( regardless of experience level )

have a peek here if you have not yet , it shows how some others feel about his play in Arizona to this point http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/21455-Cardinals-game-not-on-in-my-area-BUT