PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is wrong with Ben today?

zulater
11-30-2014, 01:19 PM
Looks like he's on drugs or on the take? Yeah I know neither is the case. But God damn does he suck today! :frusty: And don't claim it's his hand. He sucked long before the hand was hit. And now his throws aren't nearly as bad as his decisions.

Well when we miss the playoffs again this year it's real easy to place the blame. Put in on 7 for this effing game!

Dwinsgames
11-30-2014, 01:28 PM
8-22-115 yards and a pick ... 8 balls to high to be considered catchable by my count

zulater
11-30-2014, 01:30 PM
Ben is the worst player on the field today for either team. He's single handedly losing this game and in effect our season! I honestly would consider pulling him early in the 3rd quarter if his play doesn't improve.

Steeltreal
11-30-2014, 01:37 PM
Tale of 2 Halfs

zulater
11-30-2014, 01:40 PM
Tale of 2 Halfs I hope. All things considered this is the worst game of his career.

zulater
11-30-2014, 01:48 PM
Your qb having the worst day of his career, what to do? If you're Todd Haley just keep passing! :doh:

st33lersguy
11-30-2014, 01:50 PM
Your qb having the worst day of his career, what to do? If you're Todd Haley just keep passing! :doh:

Todd Haley needs to clean his office along with Tomlin and Colbert when the year is done

Dwinsgames
11-30-2014, 01:50 PM

if he didnt , people would bitch he took the air out of the ball to soon and didn't give Ben a chance to turn it around ... Haley truly is ( always ) in a no win position with this fan base

zulater
11-30-2014, 01:54 PM
if he didnt , people would bitch he took the air out of the ball to soon and didn't give Ben a chance to turn it around ... Haley truly is ( always ) in a no win position with this fan base

Not with your back getting 200 yards last week and getting over 60 yards in the first 18 minutes of this game. Then let's forget the we have him. Sorry but Haley has culpability here too. Of course if we're making a blame pie, 95% Ben 1% Haley

- - - Updated - - -

We could just rename this the game goat thread right now. Because we know where that's heading.

Steeltreal
11-30-2014, 01:54 PM
I got all 4 AFC North games on Mix Channel right now, might be a Sweep. SD , Buff, and Tampa all on it.
Havent tuned out a game yet this year but im pretty damn close.

GBMelBlount
11-30-2014, 01:56 PM
What exactly were you expecting when we are playing a team with a losing record and we are not in danger off being knocked out of the post season yet?

Ben ONLY plays exceptional when the chips are down or he has a chip on his shoulder.

zulater
11-30-2014, 01:58 PM
What exactly were you expecting when we are playing a team with a losing record and we are not in danger off being knocked out of the post season yet?

Ben ONLY plays exceptional when the chips are down or he has a chip on his shoulder..
Not being excpetional is one thing, today's he's nothing less than putrid!

ALLD
11-30-2014, 02:41 PM
Looks like Tomlin had a team meeting in the last week in preparation for today. No heart, no consistency. Unprepared from BS coaching. I haven't seen hot and cold playing like this since Kordell Stewart was QB.

dislocatedday
11-30-2014, 02:55 PM
I don't like saying this, but today is why Ben is a notch below Brady, Manning, Rodgers, and Brees. I don't recall those guys ever playing so badly in a critical late-season game where a win is badly needed. I don't think I've ever see any of those 4 ever as inaccurate with their passes as Ben was today.

I still love Ben as our QB, and he is one of the best, but I can't honestly put him in the class of those 4 QBs I listed.

ALLD
11-30-2014, 03:23 PM
Baltimore is losing with 24 seconds left.

oneforthetoe
11-30-2014, 03:30 PM
I don't like saying this, but today is why Ben is a notch below Brady, Manning, Rodgers, and Brees. I don't recall those guys ever playing so badly in a critical late-season game where a win is badly needed. I don't think I've ever see any of those 4 ever as inaccurate with their passes as Ben was today.

I still love Ben as our QB, and he is one of the best, but I can't honestly put him in the class of those 4 QBs I listed.
Unless it's a Super Bowl.

Drazo85
11-30-2014, 03:34 PM
Baltimore is losing with 24 seconds left.

They lost. Both Baltimore and Cleveland lost to AFC oponent. If the Steelers sweep Bungles and win against Chiefs they are in. And just like that im back in. :frusty: Idiot.

zulater
11-30-2014, 03:35 PM
Maybe it was the bye that got Ben so rusty? Can't blame it on the hand. He was throwing dimes in the 4th quarter. And yes I know that was against the prevent. but the passes were finally accurate late. So hopefully he can take that into next week's game.

Shoes
11-30-2014, 03:38 PM
Ben sure didn't look good today, but Bryant and Moore both missed very catchable balls in the end zone.

stillers4me
11-30-2014, 04:20 PM
I wonder if he has a lower body injury we don't know about. Today is not the first time I've read observations that his stance has changed and his footwork is wrong.

stillers4me
11-30-2014, 04:49 PM
So Santonio Holmes orchestrated that game winning drive all by himself. Mmmm....k.

plenewken
11-30-2014, 04:50 PM
Unless it's a Super Bowl.

Well, he played in 3 SBs and I don't remember him playing particularly well in any of them. Don't forget that he still owns the record for worst QB rating in a SB with his performance against Seattle. That was pathetic.
Some people wonder why he has not been named Superbowl MVP, after winning it twice. I think I know why.

fansince'76
11-30-2014, 04:59 PM
Well, he played in 3 SBs and I don't remember him playing particularly well in any of them. Don't forget that he still owns the record for worst QB rating in a SB with his performance against Seattle. That was pathetic.
Some people wonder why he has not been named Superbowl MVP, after winning it twice. I think I know why.

The exact same could be said of Manning. The only reason he won a SB MVP (against the immortal Rex Grossman, no less) is because the media has their collective lips surgically attached to his nutsack.

zulater
11-30-2014, 05:07 PM

You don't know shit then.

What you think the Steelers got to those SB's by invitation? Didn't earn their way in?

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if he has a lower body injury we don't know about. Today is not the first time I've read observations that his stance has changed and his footwork is wrong. Looked like he was throwing good at the end of the game. But that was against the prevent. Wasn't being pressured. So when he had time he showed solid mechanics.

CapLovesTroyP43
11-30-2014, 09:27 PM

Ben ONLY plays exceptional when the chips are down or he has a chip on his shoulder.

Well dammit he better get that effing chip back on his shoulder and QUICK!!! Why can we NOT beat losing teams???? I cannot figure that out for the life of me.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't know shit then.

What you think the Steelers got to those SB's by invitation? Didn't earn their way in?

You've always hated Ben, always been a fucking troll. Don't really need to hear from your stupid ass tonight.

Here here. We don't need salt in our wounds.

smokin3000gt
11-30-2014, 09:36 PM

Yup, and the same could be said about anyone on the coaching staff. F'd if they do, F'd if they don't. There will always be something to bitch about.

plenewken
12-01-2014, 07:43 AM
You don't have to agree with what I write but you could at least stay polite. I'm not insulting you so please do the same.
<where is the Ignore button?>

zulater
12-01-2014, 07:49 AM
You don't have to agree with what I write but you could at least stay polite. I'm not insulting you so please do the same.
<where is the Ignore button?>

You ever post when things go well? You ever comment when Ben has a good game?

Show me where you have and I'll gladly rescind my previous statement.

plenewken
12-01-2014, 08:05 AM
This is not the point. The point is you insulted me twice in a post and I have nothing to show you.

zulater
12-01-2014, 08:16 AM
Just went through Plenken's posts. I had him confused with someone else. My apologies. Previous post rescinded.

- - - Updated - - -

This is not the point. The point is you insulted me twice in a post and I have nothing to show you.

Your point on those Super Bowls was ridiculous nonetheless.

plenewken
12-01-2014, 08:37 AM
Just went through Plenken's posts. I had him confused with someone else. My apologies. Previous post rescinded.

- - - Updated - - -

Your point on those Super Bowls was ridiculous nonetheless.

Apology accepted. It takes a man to recognize his error.
Incident closed.

This being said, I maintain what I wrote. Ben has not performed well in a Super Bowl game and he had 3 opportunities to do it.
I'm not talking about what he did to get the Steelers to the SB, I'm talking about his performance in the big game alone.
I'm not expecting Ben to be stellar every week but for him to be considered an elite QB, in my opinion, he has to perform at the highest level when it matters the most and there's no better opportunity than to do it in the Super Bowl.
By the way, Manning Jr. is not an elite QB in my book either.

Yesterday was one of those days where Ben sh*t the bed big time. I don't understand why Haley kept calling pass plays when our running game was effective and Ben was so awful.

Most logically, we're now shooting for a 9-7 season , although I see us finishing 8-8.

steel striker
12-01-2014, 11:06 AM
Ben had a horrible game but, the defense in the second half was bad as well.

Lady Steel
12-01-2014, 05:54 PM
Ben hasn't been the same since he had those back-to-back weeks of 6 TD's with no interceptions.

Devilsdancefloor
12-01-2014, 06:15 PM
honestly i think they are trying to make ben something he is not and he struggles at times. but no excuses for the crap yesterday. If ben is in a funk freaking give to to 26