PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Wheaton embraces expanding role

stillers4me
11-22-2014, 08:18 AM
If Markus Wheaton were the envious type, it would have bothered him that rookie Martavis Bryant parlayed his first NFL catch into a sparkling, toe-tapping touchdown amid a jubilant Heinz Field crowd.

Instead, the second-year wide receiver rushed to celebrate with Bryant. Even with Bryant's touchdown total at six, Wheaton patiently awaits his first career score even as his role expands from possession receiver to kickoff returner.

“I think we struggled after the Browns game with kickoffs, so I think it was a good move for us. I'm just trying to work hard and get in when I can,” Wheaton said. “I'm trying to find ways to be active out there and contribute to what's going on. I think we have a good thing going, so I'm trying to be as involved as I can.” ...........

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/7193343-74/wheaton-steelers-kickoff#ixzz3Jo5s9I7y

GBMelBlount
11-22-2014, 09:07 AM
Hope he embraces the ball a bit more too.

Moose
11-22-2014, 10:03 AM
Hope he embraces the ball a bit more too.

LOL ! Thinking the SAME thing !!

SteelerFanInStl
11-22-2014, 01:38 PM
I like Wheaton returning kicks. It gives us a guy with the threat to take it all the way.

Dwinsgames
11-22-2014, 01:43 PM
If Markus Wheaton were the envious type, it would have bothered him that rookie Martavis Bryant parlayed his first NFL catch into a sparkling, toe-tapping touchdown amid a jubilant Heinz Field crowd.

Instead, the second-year wide receiver rushed to celebrate with Bryant. Even with Bryant's touchdown total at six, Wheaton patiently awaits his first career score even as his role expands from possession receiver to kickoff returner.

“I think we struggled after the Browns game with kickoffs, so I think it was a good move for us. I'm just trying to work hard and get in when I can,” Wheaton said. “I'm trying to find ways to be active out there and contribute to what's going on. I think we have a good thing going, so I'm trying to be as involved as I can.” ...........

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/7193343-74/wheaton-steelers-kickoff#ixzz3Jo5s9I7y

to the bold ... should they not check their facts better before publishing ?

Wheaton has 2 TDs this year ... http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/Markus-Wheaton/aa64cb43-14c9-4635-b577-440a959515e3

tube517
11-22-2014, 01:45 PM
I like Wheaton returning kicks. It gives us a guy with the threat to take it all the way.

Apparently, he did some KR's in college. He's been more consistent than Archer.

steelreserve
11-22-2014, 03:05 PM
He's doing better than last year, but that's not saying much. Honestly between him and Moore, I am not sure which I would rather have on the field for a key third down situation.

Hopefully he continues to improve; right now he's shown occasional flashes but is sort of like Sanders when he was kind of OK but we were all disappointed and wondering when he was going to live up to the potential we saw.

Dwinsgames
11-22-2014, 08:36 PM
He's doing better than last year, but that's not saying much. Honestly between him and Moore, I am not sure which I would rather have on the field for a key third down situation.

Hopefully he continues to improve; right now he's shown occasional flashes but is sort of like Sanders when he was kind of OK but we were all disappointed and wondering when he was going to live up to the potential we saw.

I take Moore 10 times out of 10 but that's just me ..granted athletically Wheaton is the superior player but Moore is a better football player