PDA

View Full Version : Blount release, Patriot collusion anyone?

zulater
11-20-2014, 05:20 PM
Just heard Rob Rossi insinuate it on 93.7 just now on the Colin Dunlap show. It's something I've been thinking ever since I heard the news he was at the Patriots complex this morning. Put the pieces together it all fits. Steven Ridley gets hurt. Blount does something he knows will get him released. Completely calm afterward. With his history many saw this as a career ender. Oh but no, guess who's waiting with open arms. Call me Mr. Conspiracy, but I smell a rat.

Hawkman
11-20-2014, 05:24 PM
Nothing surprises me anymore.

X-Terminator
11-20-2014, 05:28 PM
Just heard Rob Rossi insinuate it on 93.7 just now on the Colin Dunlap show. It's something I've been thinking ever since I heard the news he was at the Patriots complex this morning. Put the pieces together it all fits. Steven Ridley gets hurt. Blount does something he knows will get him released. Completely calm afterward. With his history many saw this as a career ender. Oh but no, guess who's waiting with open arms. Call me Mr. Conspiracy, but I smell a rat.

Beat you and Rossi to it in the "Steelers release Blount" thread. Smells fishy to me too.

zulater
11-20-2014, 05:31 PM
Sorry, didn't see it. Regardless I think this is almost a separate thing. And yes I know Goodell wont pursue anything here against his buddy Kraft. But this was orchestrated imo. The Cheatriots strike again.

X-Terminator
11-20-2014, 05:36 PM
Sorry, didn't see it. Regardless I think this is almost a separate thing. And yes I know Goodell wont pursue anything here against his buddy Kraft. But this was orchestrated imo. The Cheatriots strike again.

No biggie, it's kind of buried. Ironically, it started with a post by The Patriot which was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek about him being sent here to destabilize the Steelers' locker room. Well, the one thing we know about jokes is that sometimes they contain an element of truth. So the red flag has definitely gone up for me. Nothing those cheating bastards do would surprise me in the least.

stillers4me
11-20-2014, 05:45 PM
Blount=Bergdahl

stillers4me
11-20-2014, 05:54 PM
Somebody needs to tell him about Tweetlonger.

zulater
11-20-2014, 05:58 PM
Blount=Bergdahl

LOL. I don't think this has been the plan all along. But as soon as Ridley went down I think one of the parties reached out to the other to see if there was interest there. And whether it was the Patriots who made the first move or Blount it doesn't matter. It's wrong.

But what are you going to do? You know Goodell wont act against his buddy and investigate. So as long as Blount doesn't slip up and say something stupid there's virtually zero chance they get caught.

I hate to be that guy. But I hope Blount tears up his knee the first carry he gets with the Patriots.

Dwinsgames
11-20-2014, 06:17 PM
http://thebluedawg.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/tinfoil.jpg

Moose
11-20-2014, 06:39 PM
True or False, it really doesn't matter to me. If it's true, then great, we got rid of a caliber of person/player we don't need in the Steeler organization. A cheat, low life, two faced, 'me' player....not a team player. Sort of fit's right into the N.E. organization. Now that the info and scenario's are out for all to think about, you know the rest of the player's, BOTH team's will think about it also, and wonder. It will show the N.E. player's the type of people they play for and maybe realize how secure they are and how the organization will stand behind them. I'm sure some of the player's there have a conscience about themselves and a little class. Either way, I still think it's good Blount's gone, we don't need that type of crap.

ALLD
11-20-2014, 06:47 PM
No conspiracy, just a coincidence. They also lost Welker and Vinateri.

Count Steeler
11-20-2014, 06:59 PM
That's what we get for trying to be vengeful against the Cheats. You ain't never going to beat them at their game. They have no soul. Long been sold to the devil.

SteelerFanInStl
11-20-2014, 07:09 PM
I doubt it but overall I'm just glad that he's gone. Ever since the Cheech and Chong incident I was concerned about the effect he was having on Bell. We don't need Bell acting like him.

In case if no one noticed, the Pats had a no name RB that they grabbed off of the garbage pile run for 200 yards and 4 TDs last week. They didn't need Blount.

86WARD
11-20-2014, 08:31 PM
Doubt that it was premeditated. 31 teams would've had a chance to add him to their roster. It just so happened to work out that way IMO.

Lady Steel
11-20-2014, 08:35 PM
I'm sure Belichick will glean all the information he can from Blount, but I don't think there was a conspiracy. If the Steelers would have suspended Blount, as opposed to releasing him, that wouldn't have helped the Patricheats out.

HollywoodSteel
11-20-2014, 09:02 PM
I think it is highly unlikely, but in a way there is a scenario that maybe, kind of sort of, is possible:

Blount is unhappy with his lack of carries as a Steeler. He hears from one of his buddies on the Pats that, due to injuries, Bilichick would take Blount back in a heart beat and give him plenty of carries... if he were hypothetically on the street. Nothing illegal has transpired but this is in the back of Blount's head all through a game where he gets zero carries. So he thinks, "fuck it. I'm outta here. What's the worst they can do? Release me? I'm fine with that."

I'm not saying I believe this happened, just that it's more likely than anything strictly against the rules.

fansince'76
11-20-2014, 11:57 PM
I hate Belichick and the Patriots with every fiber of my being, but I'm honestly not seeing any collusion here.

st33lersguy
11-21-2014, 12:25 AM
I am not buying it. Blount has had a history of bad attitude, he punched a Boise State player when he was at Oregon following a loss and that is not his entire history. He was a selfish player who did not like not getting a carry and just left. I don't think he needed Bellicheat to make that move

steelreserve
11-21-2014, 03:30 AM
Inasmuch as Blount was making $2M a year with us and now he's making roughly a third of that, I would guess he wasn't in on some conspiracy unless he's the dumbest SOB in the league.

zulater
11-21-2014, 04:06 AM
Inasmuch as Blount was making $2M a year with us and now he's making roughly a third of that, I would guess he wasn't in on some conspiracy unless he's the dumbest SOB in the league.

He gets every penny that his 2014 contract called for still. He keeps his signing bonus, plus whatever he got from the Patriots. His 2015 contract wasn't guaranteed. He had already through his toxic behaviour assured that that he wasn't going to be invited back for next season already.

So what exactly did he lose?

- - - Updated - - -

Doubt that it was premeditated. 31 teams would've had a chance to add him to their roster. It just so happened to work out that way IMO.

Any team that would have made a waiver claim would have had to honor the terms of his existing contract. By allowing him to pass through waivers the Steelers still get stuck for the remainder of this years salary. And the way it happened the Pats signed him for the veterans minimum.

GoSlash27
11-21-2014, 06:06 AM
I don't see any conspiracy here. Blount showed his ass out of frustration and got canned for it, and NE found themselves in need of a RB. Why would they not pick up a guy who's already familiar with their system, especially if it's a buyer's market?

st33lersguy
11-21-2014, 09:08 AM
People just want to look more into things than they should and over-think things

86WARD
11-21-2014, 09:13 AM
Any team that would have made a waiver claim would have had to honor the terms of his existing contract. By allowing him to pass through waivers the Steelers still get stuck for the remainder of this years salary. And the way it happened the Pats signed him for the veterans minimum.

That's correct. I'm saying there are way too many variables in it to say that it was premeditated in that Blount first of all knew the Steelers would cut him with the lack of depth at the position. Secondly, he'd clear waivers on a week when the Vikings, Browns, Colts, Seahawks, Patriots, etc...all wind up needing running back help. To think that all that would occur and he'd wind up in New England is a stretch at best in my opinion.

Mojouw
11-21-2014, 10:22 AM
LOL. I don't think this has been the plan all along. But as soon as Ridley went down I think one of the parties reached out to the other to see if there was interest there. And whether it was the Patriots who made the first move or Blount it doesn't matter. It's wrong.

But what are you going to do? You know Goodell wont act against his buddy and investigate. So as long as Blount doesn't slip up and say something stupid there's virtually zero chance they get caught.

I hate to be that guy. But I hope Blount tears up his knee the first carry he gets with the Patriots.

Whoa. A touch too far perhaps?

I think Blount is kinda a dick, but to wish away a man's livelihood over football? That's a bit harsh.

steelreserve
11-21-2014, 10:37 AM

I think Blount is kinda a dick, but to wish away a man's livelihood over football? That's a bit harsh.

Well, his livelihood IS football, so it's kind of the same thing.

If injury is too harsh, I hope he gets busted for drugs and suspended for a year. See? Then it's OK to hope for, because it's his own fault.

Mojouw
11-21-2014, 10:47 AM
Well, his livelihood IS football, so it's kind of the same thing.

If injury is too harsh, I hope he gets busted for drugs and suspended for a year. See? Then it's OK to hope for, because it's his own fault.

I can get on board with that.

steel striker
11-21-2014, 11:16 AM
I'm glad he is gone and, let's hope Josh can be productive.

st33lersguy
11-21-2014, 01:28 PM
This conspiracy theory is incredibly stupid. It makes Steeler Nation look bad and gives Steeler haters ammunition to make fun of Steeler nation

Dwinsgames
11-21-2014, 01:33 PM
This conspiracy theory is incredibly stupid. It makes Steeler Nation look bad and gives Steeler haters ammunition to make fun of Steeler nation

pretty much , I mean its not like he did not have to first clear waivers of 31 teams first or anything

Dwinsgames
11-21-2014, 01:58 PM
if you want to look at a strange situation check this one out ....

1 day after Blount signs back with pats , Jonas Gray over sleeps and misses practice ... ( stoned late at night ? )

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000431887/article/report-jonas-gray-late-to-pats-facility-sent-home

Lady Steel
11-21-2014, 03:02 PM
if you want to look at a strange situation check this one out ....

1 day after Blount signs back with pats , Jonas Gray over sleeps and misses practice ... ( stoned late at night ? )

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000431887/article/report-jonas-gray-late-to-pats-facility-sent-home

A smart person would use an alarm clock in conjunction with his cell phone alarm to ensure he was able to get up for work.

Or, he was stoned. :chuckle:

zulater
11-21-2014, 03:13 PM
This conspiracy theory is incredibly stupid. It makes Steeler Nation look bad and gives Steeler haters ammunition to make fun of Steeler nation:countdown

blackngldblood
11-21-2014, 03:25 PM
The only thing in the situation that makes me go hmmmm, is that Bob Labriola(sp) was on the bus when Blount got on early and he reports his demeanor was not that of a man that was upset with his team/coaches and was walking out. He said he was smiling and acting normal.

And as far as the had to clear wavers deal, what team in their right mind claims a guy that just quit on his team and is a known problem child?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zulater
11-21-2014, 03:32 PM
The only thing in the situation that makes me go hmmmm, is that Bob Labriola(sp) was on the bus when Blount got on early and he reports his demeanor was not that of a man that was upset with his team/coaches and was walking out. He said he was smiling and acting normal.

And as far as the had to clear wavers deal, what team in their right mind claims a guy that just quit on his team and is a known problem child?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. And unlike Ben Tate his salary was over double minimum salary. So a waiver claim came with more risk.

zulater
11-21-2014, 03:46 PM
As far as conspiracy theories go, we're not exactly talking staged moon landings or middle school shootings here. All the suggestion is is that a disgruntled Blount could have put out feelers to his previous team as soon as Steven Ridley went down.

Did Blount know he woudn't get any carries versus the Titans? No. But Haley has stated that Blount was being phased out of the offense. And Blount's miserable showing against the Jets probably assured that outside of injury to Bell his carries were going to be minimal Monday night. So yeah I think there's a possibility that he knew if he forced his way out of Pittsburgh there was a soft landing waiting for him in New England.

zulater
11-21-2014, 03:59 PM

Put it this way. If Blount did in fact force his way out of Pittsburgh knowing he had a job awaiting him in Boston then yeah I hope he incurs a season ending injury on his first carry. I have no voo doo powers, so don't worry. Nothing will come of my wish.

Now here's the irony. You signed off on a wish for him to get busted out of the NFL on a drug suspension. Difference being my way he doesn't lose his money. lol:

Craic
11-21-2014, 05:53 PM
As far as conspiracy theories go, we're not exactly talking staged moon landings or middle school shootings here. All the suggestion is is that a disgruntled Blount could have put out feelers to his previous team as soon as Steven Ridley went down.

Did Blount know he woudn't get any carries versus the Titans? No. But Haley has stated that Blount was being phased out of the offense. And Blount's miserable showing against the Jets probably assured that outside of injury to Bell his carries were going to be minimal Monday night. So yeah I think there's a possibility that he knew if he forced his way out of Pittsburgh there was a soft landing waiting for him in New England.

When I first saw the thread, I had to admit, I rolled my eyes. Mainly, because I thought it was about a grand scheme to get the Steelers playbook or to take down a thread in the NFLN, neither of which the Patriots should really care about when it comes to the Steelers (unfortunately).

But what you say above carries a lot more possibility, IMO. Mainly because we know that the Patriots have a past history of skirting the rules. Yeah, he would have to clear waivers, but seriously, what risk is there? No team that would have him as a backup would touch him.

---------------

On the issue of injury, wishing injury upon someone is just ugly. It's not about voodoo powers, it's about how such a statement reflects both on the person making it and on the fan base. Personally, I think you're above it, and don't need to stoop to Cleveland Brown levels (They STILL revel in the Turkey Jones sack).

zulater
11-21-2014, 07:24 PM
OK OK, I don't want the guy to get hurt. :yield: I just want him to come down with a bad case of "fumbilitis". :heh:

Butch
11-21-2014, 07:37 PM
I dunno, but I believe in Karma. I don't know when or where, but I do BELIEVE.

You know earlier in the year we played the Texans. The commercial that ESPN used to promote this game was showing J.J.Watt and a saying that it would take more than a Towel to stop him. I like J.J. but whomever decided to promote that game in that style really doomed the Texans. Look at how that game turned with them leading going into the 1/2 and only a handful of minutes left and we were able to turn the tide and won the game because of it. I believe in the Towel and I believe in Karma.

Craic
11-21-2014, 10:31 PM
OK OK, I don't want the guy to get hurt. :yield: I just want him to come down with a bad case of "fumbilitis". :heh:

:chuckle:

I'm all for that. And hey, if he does get hurt, I won't be crying over it, I'll tell ya that much. Or, to use a once and current Steelers linebacker concept, I'll wish all types of hurt on him, just not injury. :wink02:

st33lersguy
11-21-2014, 10:56 PM
Hopefully he desecrated a towel after being released and didn't get caught and we play the Pats in the playoffs