PDA

View Full Version : Colbert taking fire on other sites too

Dwinsgames
11-19-2014, 02:45 PM
Steel Dad calls out Colbert (http://steelcityblitz.com/2014/11/19/free-agency-failures-mirror-kevin-colberts-recent-drafts/)

Steeltreal
11-19-2014, 02:51 PM
What bout Snoop

steelreserve
11-19-2014, 03:18 PM
Yeah, pretty much a whiff this offseason, and that article doesn't even mention Heyward-Bey.

I don't know whether you could call Lance Moore a bad signing, since for some reason he hardly even gets to be on the field. I bet he's pissed he signed a two-year contract.

Speaking of receivers, why in the ever-loving dog crap is Justin Brown still on the team? That guy had NO use before, and now is serving no purpose except to not be active on game day. He's giving Landry Jones a serious run for the title of Most Expendable. Time to dump both of those dumbfucks and see if we can find a decent #2 RB.

Mojouw
11-19-2014, 04:15 PM
This is a worthless article. It is all hindsight and provides no plausible alternatives for different paths.

Like who the hell was gonna play safety?

What other cheap but high upside veteran WRs would the author like to have seen signed? Moore and DHB's primary benefit to the roster was to have someone in the WR room who had been in the league more than a handful of years.

Look, I'm not a fan of how many of these guys are playing, nor was all of this totally unexpected. Outside of Moore non of the FAs signed has any track record of success.

But complaining about going shopping with $3 in your pocket and only coming back with Ramen Noodles and not filet mignon -- what did you expect?

X-Terminator
11-19-2014, 04:46 PM
Gotta love hindsight. Because I sure as shit don't recall anyone saying anything like this when these signings were made. Most people were either indifferent or thought they'd contribute. And if I remember correctly, the pickings weren't exactly bountiful. So how the hell can you blame him for these guys not working out?

ALLD
11-19-2014, 04:55 PM
Drive Killer Dri Archer too.

Dwinsgames
11-19-2014, 05:36 PM
This is a worthless article. It is all hindsight and provides no plausible alternatives for different paths.

Like who the hell was gonna play safety?

What other cheap but high upside veteran WRs would the author like to have seen signed? Moore and DHB's primary benefit to the roster was to have someone in the WR room who had been in the league more than a handful of years.

Look, I'm not a fan of how many of these guys are playing, nor was all of this totally unexpected. Outside of Moore non of the FAs signed has any track record of success.

But complaining about going shopping with $3 in your pocket and only coming back with Ramen Noodles and not filet mignon -- what did you expect?

I do not think its worthless , it just reinforces what many have already been talking about for a few years it is just speaking of in the now and then goes on to say please have someone else make these calls moving forward ...

a for who would play S gee what about Shamarko or Golden or Allen ( none can be much worse than the 64th ranked starter in the league ( hint only 64 starting S in the league ) he is dead ass last ...

we had quite a bit of cap space to spend this off season ( by comparison to most years ) ...

Mitchells deal 25 mill is basically equal to Verner's ( 750k over duration more for verner ) ....

86WARD
11-19-2014, 05:54 PM
Landry, Brown and Archer. 3 wasted roster spots...

Dwinsgames
11-19-2014, 06:11 PM
Landry, Brown and Archer. 3 wasted roster spots...

I would at this point say 2 ... jury still out ( or should be ) on Archer

as meatloaf would say 2 out of 3 aint bad

Hawkman
11-19-2014, 06:24 PM
There were plenty of people on this board who were liking the Mitchell and Blount signings me included. Thomas....not so much, and a wait and see on Moore.

Dwinsgames
11-19-2014, 06:27 PM
There were plenty of people on this board who were liking the Mitchell and Blount signings me included. Thomas....not so much, and a wait and see on Moore.

its the Steelers ... almost any signing will perk up the crowd as we rarely do anything at all other than our own

I too was blinded by the one good year of Mitchell , however nobody is paying me a dime to know better

Shoes
11-19-2014, 08:12 PM
I thought the Mitchell, Moore and Blount signings were good. I still think if Blount had a brain he would have done well, Mitchell forget it. Still hoping Moore will pan out.

Mojouw
11-19-2014, 08:50 PM
I do not think its worthless , it just reinforces what many have already been talking about for a few years it is just speaking of in the now and then goes on to say please have someone else make these calls moving forward ...

a for who would play S gee what about Shamarko or Golden or Allen ( none can be much worse than the 64th ranked starter in the league ( hint only 64 starting S in the league ) he is dead ass last ...

we had quite a bit of cap space to spend this off season ( by comparison to most years ) ...

Mitchells deal 25 mill is basically equal to Verner's ( 750k over duration more for verner ) ....

In a short post you have already contributed more facts, figures, and alternative options than in the entire linked post.

That was my only point. I have no problem discussing if Colbert has lost his touch or whatnot, but to just say "derrrr....11 games in signings bad....draft more better.....Steelers!" holds no interest for me personally.

A more interesting discussion would be if in a alternate reality the Steelers signed Verner, shifted Allen to safety, and brought Shamarko on for the nickel.

For what it is worth, I shudder to think about this secondary with Golden or Allen starting full time, all season long.