PDA

View Full Version : Game goats & Game balls vs Titans.

zulater
11-17-2014, 09:29 PM
1. Ben. One play changed the game. Total brain cramp. Not seeing the field. Playing with no confidence or seeing secondary receivers. looking like an overrated rookie not a franchise qb.

.2 William Gay. Played lie number 2 after the pick 6. Hey but at least he gave us our TD.

3. Offensive line. So much for winning one for Munchak. Speaking of which, I see why he got fired.

4. Mike Tomlin , Dick LeBeau, and Todd Haley. The modern day 3 stooges. Outcoached on consecutive weeks by Rex Ryan and Ken Whisenhunt. Need I say more?

5. Me. For making this thread in the 3rd quarter. Not that there's any doubt to the outcome. But I shoud have been more patient. but I'm so damn angry that I had to do something besides putting my fist through the wall. :frusty:

st33lersguy
11-17-2014, 09:40 PM
8-8 seasons

zulater
11-17-2014, 09:52 PM
Bah, just more Steeler tease.

fansince'76
11-17-2014, 10:19 PM
:chuckle:

Count Steeler
11-17-2014, 10:19 PM
Bell gets game ball, without a doubt. His jersey from this game should be on display in the locker room. True Grit!

zulater
11-17-2014, 10:20 PM
This was a reverse jinx thread. When I made it my hope and prayers was that it would make me look stupid. :doh: Guilty as charged. And happy as hell about it. :lol:

Steelman
11-17-2014, 10:22 PM
Could be nobody else but Bell.

Honorable mention to AB. Everybody else mostly sucked ass.

fansince'76
11-17-2014, 10:23 PM
This was a reverse jinx thread. When I made it my hope and prayers was that it would make me look stupid. :doh: Guilty as charged. And happy as hell about it. :lol:

I gotta admit, I had just about packed it in when they made it 24-13 myself. We've all seen it too many times before.

Drazo85
11-17-2014, 10:23 PM
Did i dreamed or coaching staff adjusted to Titans blitzes in second half!? Bell was a man tonight. He literally carried this team to victory.

fansince'76
11-17-2014, 10:24 PM
Could be nobody else but Bell.

Honorable mention to AB. Everybody else mostly sucked ass.

AB was pretty good - 9 for 91 yards and a TD. With no help from Wheaton or Bryant again.

stillers4me
11-17-2014, 10:29 PM
No problem...I deleted it from twitter. :lol:

HollywoodSteel
11-17-2014, 10:31 PM
AB was pretty good - 9 for 91 yards and a TD. With no help from Wheaton or Bryant again.

Wheaton made one of the most important catches of the night. The third down catch on the last drive that moved the chains. Sure it was an easy catch that he should make in his sleep, but with this team, in that situation, I actually thought I was dreaming that we converted on that play.

Of course after that it was all Bell all the time. What a friggin' beast that kid is!

Shoes
11-17-2014, 10:32 PM
Bell gets game ball, without a doubt. His jersey from this game should be on display in the locker room. True Grit!

Agreed!

Bell, no question. He won this game imo. Miller gets one also, he made some key plays as always.

SteelerFanInStl
11-17-2014, 10:33 PM
Bell, no question. Hell of a game.

Craic
11-17-2014, 10:34 PM
5. Me. For making this thread in the 3rd quarter. Not that there's any doubt to the outcome. But I shoud have been more patient. but I'm so damn angry that I had to do something besides putting my fist through the wall. :frusty:

It was almost as if you didn't trust this team to lose, either.

I have to split this game in a lopsided half... 3 quarters: goat, pretty much everyone but Bell and Brown. Gay did okay.

Last quarter. Goat, pretty much, no one. Game balls: Offensive coaches/Ben, whoever came up with the bright idea to go to the line with two plays and signal out to the run whenever it was needed. Bell. 203 yards or whatever he had... beautiful. Brown. Always there when you need him the most. DeCastro. After an okay night and a blown assignment or two that led to a sack, he came back in the last quarter and plowed the way for Bell. Defense. After looking like they were average AT BEST, they come out in the fourth quarter and finally shut down the Titans, give their offense the chance to win the game.

Most beautiful sight to my eyes? Being able to throw the ball when necessary towards the end of the game to get the first downs and keep driving, then turning back into the old school Steelers and chewing up clock and yardage with run, run, run, run, run, etc. I love seeing that at the END of a game when we have a chance to shut down the other team.

Funny thing is . . . that fourth quarter was EXACTLY what Rooney said he wanted when he said he wanted a better run game.

tube517
Game ball to He Shall Be Le'Veon and for Earl Heath Miller making plays and jawing at the Tits player and getting fired up.

fansince'76
Wheaton made one of the most important catches of the night. The third down catch on the last drive that moved the chains. Sure it was an easy catch that he should make in his sleep, but with this team, in that situation, I actually thought I was dreaming that we converted on that play.

Don't get me wrong - I think Brown, Wheaton and Bryant are going to be a scary good receiving corps when Wheaton and Bryant get some more seasoning and both become more consistent. I think the Colts and Ravens games were a testament to the potential there.

HollywoodSteel
11-17-2014, 10:35 PM
I know Bell will be forever compared to Eddie Lacy because of the draft, and it's interesting to look at their fantasy numbers this week. In my league they played against each other this week.

Lacy: 23.4 points

Bell: 28.2

Of course you can't totally compare situations. The Packers were gonna win no matter what so less burden on Lacy's shoulders. Bell really carried us across that finish line. It's always great to see a back do that kind of thing: they know we are going to run and he still rams it down their throats!

GBMelBlount
11-17-2014, 10:36 PM
Game ball Bell.

Nerf ball Brown.

Nice pick 6 by Gay...difference maker.

tube517
11-17-2014, 10:37 PM

It was almost as if you didn't trust this team to lose, either.

I have to split this game in a lopsided half... 3 quarters: goat, pretty much everyone but Bell and Brown. Gay did okay.

Last quarter. Goat, pretty much, no one. Game balls: Offensive coaches/Ben, whoever came up with the bright idea to go to the line with two plays and signal out to the run whenever it was needed. Bell. 203 yards or whatever he had... beautiful. Brown. Always there when you need him the most. DeCastro. After an okay night and a blown assignment or two that led to a sack, he came back in the last quarter and plowed the way for Bell. Defense. After looking like they were average AT BEST, they come out in the fourth quarter and finally shut down the Titans, give their offense the chance to win the game.

Most beautiful sight to my eyes? Being able to throw the ball when necessary towards the end of the game to get the first downs and keep driving, then turning back into the old school Steelers and chewing up clock and yardage with run, run, run, run, run, etc. I love seeing that at the END of a game when we have a chance to shut down the other team.

Funny thing is . . . that fourth quarter was EXACTLY what Rooney said he wanted when he said he wanted a better run game.

Since you have Dancing Velma.....Those meddling Rooneys! :lol:

I liked seeing Heath fired up and jawing a little bit with the Tits player. I felt some momentum shift there.

GBMelBlount
11-17-2014, 10:38 PM
Don't get me wrong - I think Brown, Wheaton and Bryant are going to be a scary good receiving corps when Wheaton and Bryant get some more seasoning and both become more consistent. I think the Colts and Ravens games were a testament to the potential there.

Also a testament to what happens when Ben plays with a chip on his shoulder.

This offense is special and has not even peaked yet...

Defense needs to get healthy and perhaps another year to gel.

zulater
11-17-2014, 10:38 PM
Game ball LeVeon Bell without a doubt. And while Ben was a goat for throwing that moronic interception right before the half, he made plays down the stretch that mattered. So his goat status is lifted. Same with the o-line. The blitz pick ups were lacking, but damn if they weren't opening some holes for 26. Also honorable mention to Suisham for making the long fg in weather. That was the difference at the end.

Devilsdancefloor
11-17-2014, 10:39 PM
Hero: Bell, but i am gonna give some love Decastro pulling

Goat: Coaching staff

- - - Updated - - -

Hero: Bell, but i am gonna give some love Decastro pulling

Goat: Coaching staff

HollywoodSteel
11-17-2014, 10:40 PM
:DeCastro. After an okay night and a blown assignment or two that led to a sack, he came back in the last quarter and plowed the way for Bell.

It was great to see him pull from that right side... like what we drafted him to do.

You know somewhere, Bill Cowher was salivating out of control to watch the running back do that. Maybe for a split second he actually missed coaching. :)

X-Terminator
11-17-2014, 10:41 PM
Hilarious. But way to man up, Zu! :drink:

HollywoodSteel
11-17-2014, 10:43 PM
Also honorable mention to Suisham for making the long fg in weather. That was the difference at the end.

I love the him as a FG kicker, but damn, is it too much to ask that he learn to kick touch backs?

st33lersguy
11-17-2014, 10:43 PM
Game Ball: Brown, Heath, and Bell

Game goat: Everyone else especially the coaching staff

zulater
11-17-2014, 10:46 PM
Hilarious. But way to man up, Zu! :drink:

I think I should get a game ball for the reverse jinx. Making a total ass of myself for the team aint easy ya know! :sofunny: :wink02:

Thanks XT. :drink:

dislocatedday
11-17-2014, 10:46 PM
Bell for the game ball in a landslide. DeCastro gets honorable mention as he was repeatedly sealing guys off and giving Bell the holes to run through. AB was his usual stellar self, but Bell's performance was something truly special tonight.

zulater
11-17-2014, 10:47 PM
I love the him as a FG kicker, but damn, is it too much to ask that he learn to kick touch backs? I think a couple of those short kicks were on coaches orders. Also a few missed tackles played into one of those returns.

stillers4me
11-17-2014, 10:48 PM
Our Berger is better than their Berger. :heh:

dislocatedday
11-17-2014, 10:48 PM
Bell for the game ball in a landslide. DeCastro gets honorable mention as he was repeatedly sealing guys off and giving Bell the holes to run through. AB was his usual stellar self, but Bell's performance was something truly special tonight.

Forgot the goat.....I'm going with Haley for failing to make any adjustments to the playcalling to counteract to the Titans 7 man blitzes for the first 3 quarters.

zulater
11-17-2014, 10:50 PM
Dri Archer stat line. 1 catch minus 5 yards. :doh:

GoSlash27
11-17-2014, 10:53 PM
Leveon Bell got the sexy stats, but let's not forget Heath Miller and Antonio Brown. Without their clutch play we would've lost this game even with Leveon's 200 yard heroics.

Lady Steel
11-17-2014, 11:03 PM
Yeah, I have to go with Bell first and foremost, Brown, and my main man, Heath.

I have to say that I was very impressed with the Steelers possessing the ball for those last six minutes of the game and keeping it out of the Titans' hands. :tt02:

86WARD
11-17-2014, 11:06 PM
Bell gets game ball. Ben is the goat. He had a bad game...physically. It's just that...a bad game. Mentally, he looked like he was making all the right audibles.

Craic
11-17-2014, 11:06 PM
They possessed the ball for something like 40 minutes. Those are some good stats!

HollywoodSteel
11-17-2014, 11:10 PM
I think a couple of those short kicks were on coaches orders. Also a few missed tackles played into one of those returns.

Yeah, but if he could consistently kick touch backs I'm sure they'd have him do that every single time.

I guess he just doesn't have the leg strength, but that seems weird to me. I mean it doesn't seem that hard for most kickers. Would an hour in the gym every day working on leg strength hurt his accuracy or something?

- - - Updated - - -

Our Berger is better than their Berger. :heh:

Their Berger looked better in the first half. Even given the fact that his first throw was an interception. And their Berger lacks the weapons ours has (not to mention all the experience).

zulater
11-17-2014, 11:13 PM
Bell gets game ball. Ben is the goat. He had a bad game...physically. It's just that...a bad game. Mentally, he looked like he was making all the right audibles.

Ben played well the last 20 minutes.

CapLovesTroyP43
11-17-2014, 11:15 PM
Well I only heard the last minute of it (have to work 2-11) so from what I heard I was happy. We won. That's all that matters. Now Heaven help Steeler Nation as we go 2 Sundays in a row without them. I'm going to roll over and die!!!!!!! :willy: :willy:

Butch
11-17-2014, 11:37 PM
Bell is the easy one and has been the most consistent player on the team this year, but I have to give Da' Beard some props for knocking down a couple passes and getting a little pressure. Not bad for an old retired guy!!!

For What it's worth I think Ben's run was the key play to this win.

steelreserve
11-18-2014, 12:13 AM
Balls: Bell, and that's a duh. Brown and Heath honorable mention.

Goat: I don't know. Pretty much everyone else on the field sucked a noticeable amount of shit for a while, then did something to balance it out to neutral. Our receivers after Brown were pretty much nonexistent, as was the pass rush for most of the game. Lookin' your way again, Worilds.

At least the play calling was OK this game, not complete bullshit. Tomlin is an idiot, though. How in the hell do you come out running plays when the game is decided and all you have to do is kneel down? Are you completely ignorant of math there?

Steelerette
11-18-2014, 12:16 AM
Goat has to be Tomlin for his nonsense clock management at the end of the 2nd quarter, a series of events that swung the game between 7 and 14 points. True Ben's the one who made the bonehead pick but the situation really should never have occurred in the first place. It's easy to laugh it off after a win but next time this happens to us we might not have a superstar having a career day to bail us out.

I realize the heat of the game is different from watching it on TV but you'd think after this many years Tomlin wouldn't still be so clueless about managing the clock.

stillers4me
11-18-2014, 05:08 AM
A game ball for Steelers Nation.......taking over a stadium near you.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2tR79uCIAISrLn.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

A game goat for the refs....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2tU4DqCAAAPXeW.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2tUFZTCUAExkfU.jpg

Dwinsgames
11-18-2014, 05:17 AM
say what ya will about the guys who messed up ON the field being goats and the point is duly noted ...

however this could prove to be the biggest goat of all IMO ...

Ed Bouchette (http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2014/11/18/Blount-upset-leaves-field-before-game-is-over/stories/201411180148) of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported that Blount was disappointed with the fact that he didn't carry the ball once against the Titans:
He dressed and left the locker room, apparently headed for the team bus that would take them to the airport. At least one player thought they should leave him in Nashville.
Blount has been an internal problem for at least a month for the Steelers and sources told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that he is dragging down star halfback Le’Veon Bell, even though that obviously was not the case Monday night when Bell ran 33 times for 204 yards.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2271358-legarrette-blount-leaves-field-early-vs-titans-reportedly-angry-over-carries

Blount has always been a 10 cent head , locker room distractions is something we just do not need and I believe his days are numbered and those days tally less than his contract dictates

zulater
11-18-2014, 05:39 AM
A game ball for Steelers Nation.......taking over a stadium near you.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2tR79uCIAISrLn.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

A game goat for the refs....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2tU4DqCAAAPXeW.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2tUFZTCUAExkfU.jpg

I saw those two plays. Can't believe the refs missed either. Also early in the game AB was interfered with on a first down pass. The db came over the top before the ball arrived and got his hand in 84's facemask when the pass arrived. Bad officiating crew.

86WARD
11-18-2014, 07:57 AM
And the shove to Heath Miller's face mask on one of his receptions when he was in the grasp of another player.

vader29
11-18-2014, 08:04 AM
Goat has to be Tomlin for his nonsense clock management at the end of the 2nd quarter, a series of events that swung the game between 7 and 14 points. True Ben's the one who made the bonehead pick but the situation really should never have occurred in the first place. It's easy to laugh it off after a win but next time this happens to us we might not have a superstar having a career day to bail us out.

I realize the heat of the game is different from watching it on TV but you'd think after this many years Tomlin wouldn't still be so clueless about managing the clock.
Or the end of the game when they got a first down after the 2 minute warning and the Titans take their last timeout and Bell gets another carry when all they needed to do was kneel 3 times. It's like they don't know that 40 seconds times 3 equals 2 minutes.

Count Steeler
11-18-2014, 02:26 PM
Or the end of the game when they got a first down after the 2 minute warning and the Titans take their last timeout and Bell gets another carry when all they needed to do was kneel 3 times. It's like they don't know that 40 seconds times 3 equals 2 minutes.

I was scratching my head as well. I started thinking, OK, what record are they trying to go for? Made no sense.

polamalubeast
11-18-2014, 02:41 PM
I was scratching my head as well. I started thinking, OK, what record are they trying to go for? Made no sense.

Does Bell had 200 yards before this play?

Regardless, it was stupid!

- - - Updated - - -

I saw those two plays. Can't believe the refs missed either. Also early in the game AB was interfered with on a first down pass. The db came over the top before the ball arrived and got his hand in 84's facemask when the pass arrived. Bad officiating crew.

Agree and it was a rookie referee!

Count Steeler
11-18-2014, 03:08 PM
Does Bell had 200 yards before this play?

Regardless, it was stupid!

Yes. In fact I think he lost 1 or 2 yards on that play.

st33lersguy
11-18-2014, 04:09 PM
I am so thankful we don't play the raiders this year. Silver and Black does not agree

Craic
11-18-2014, 05:59 PM

My guess is that they wanted a 5-10 second cushion in of "operator error," when the game clock might not start as quickly as the other. Stranger things have been known to happen.

NCSteeler
11-18-2014, 07:59 PM
I never seen a team look like shit for 3 quarters and like a world champion for the last quarter. Totally. Amazing. If they played like that all night we would be looking more like Green Bay killing it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

steel striker
11-19-2014, 11:25 AM
Bell is the man and, Heath & AB.