PDA

View Full Version : Steelers look to get struggling ground game going against Titans

stillers4me
11-17-2014, 03:09 PM
Consider this scenario: The Steelers rush for 225 yards and three touchdowns to punctuate offensive line coach Mike Munchak's return to Tennessee. They go into their bye week on a high note with a road win over a bad team that puts them within percentage points of first place in the AFC North with less than a month to go.

“Absolutely,” guard Ramon Foster said. “That sounds good to me.”

It's a real possibility heading into Monday night's matchup with the 2-7 Titans in Nashville, a place the Steelers have struggled. They are 2-8 all-time in Tennessee, including 1-2 at LP Field.

A win will move the Steelers within .014 percentage points of Cincinnati for the top spot in the division with five games left. But to remain in the division title hunt, they know they need to jump-start their ground game that's been irrelevant the past two weeks...........

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/7168840-74/steelers-game-yards#ixzz3JMWYCreC

fansince'76
11-17-2014, 03:22 PM
If it doesn't work, and further, becomes painfully obvious that it isn't going to work, please don't stubbornly stick to it and refuse to change things up until we're 3 scores down in the last five minutes of the 3rd quarter and are forced to go one-dimensional with the pass and in so doing, set Ben up for failure again. And yes, I'm including those POS screen "passes" 5 yards behind the LOS as run plays too.

tube517
11-17-2014, 03:29 PM
Bell hasn't had the same "spring" in his step since the Colts game when he tweaked his ankle.

More -10 yard screens!!!! :rolleyes:

steelreserve
11-17-2014, 03:52 PM
If it doesn't work, and further, becomes painfully obvious that it isn't going to work, please don't stubbornly stick to it and refuse to change things up until we're 3 scores down in the last five minutes of the 3rd quarter and are forced to go one-dimensional with the pass and in so doing, set Ben up for failure again. And yes, I'm including those POS screen "passes" 5 yards behind the LOS as run plays too.

Since Haley apparently can't figure out what else to do when his gameplan isn't working, perhaps we should mail him an alternate one that he can pull out for reference when things are going poorly.

It wouldn't have to be long, just four words or so:

"THROW THE FUCKING BALL."

Moose
11-17-2014, 04:12 PM
I just don't have any faith in this team and coaching staff. Here we are, only a few games left in the season and this team is still trying to figure out what the hell is the problem. I must be a football genius, along with many of you out there, since we all decided after the first few weeks that the running game/lack of sucks big, big time. The game calling and preparation is pathetic. There is no gusto in this team. No desire or motivation. No discipline. Just to name a few problems. This team can't beat the teams they are supposed to. And I have a bad feeling tonight is going to be another game of pathetic performance and miserable coaching. IF and that's big 'IF' they can finally figure things out, it would be at the perfect time. After this week and the bye week the remaining games will be the season tale tell. 2 games with bungholes will be all needed. I just don't have the faith with this team anymore this year. Personally thinking, I don't think any team in this division is going anywhere. Just too much inconsistency from week to week. Just a bunch of terrible coaching.