PDA

View Full Version : Preseason #2 - Steelers vs. Giants - Who Gets YOUR Game Ball?

HometownGal
08-21-2010, 09:03 PM
I have 2 game balls to present tonight. One to Lefty for playing well overall and his perfect TD pass and the other to Mike Wallace for hauling it in and taking it to the EZ. :thumbsup:

Honorable mentions go to Ben for playing fairly well in his first appearance and Sylvester for his determination, grit and good play. :applaudit:

BPS3akaWirels3
08-21-2010, 09:05 PM
I'm all about Redzone Redman..

SteelCityMan786
08-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Redzone showing why in the world he needs to be kept.

kmsteelerwr15
08-21-2010, 09:07 PM
I have to go Lefty and I've gotta go with Dixon as well. He seemed more patient this week instead of just taking off and running.

fansince'76
08-21-2010, 09:08 PM
Lefty and Dixon for me as well. They both played well.

The Duke
08-21-2010, 09:10 PM
Leftwich

he was overwhelmed last week, but this week was another story

Hindes204
08-21-2010, 09:11 PM

yep.......we have one hell of a back up corp

ALLD
08-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Brett Favre because he is the most bestest QB to ever play the game. However, everybody forgot Desmond Howard was SB XXXI MVP.

BPS3akaWirels3
08-21-2010, 09:14 PM
Brett Favre because he is the most bestest QB to ever play the game. However, everybody forgot Desmond Howard was SB XXXI MVP.

lololol... Them showing his stats...

Nadroj 20
08-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Dixon
Leftwich

stillers4me
08-21-2010, 09:45 PM
Leftwich and Dixon are doing their damndest to make this a tough decision. Sanders had some good catches tonight and Redman is making a case for himself, too.

GoSlash27
08-21-2010, 09:47 PM
I tuned in to see the Isaac Redman show, but my gameballs go to Dennis Dixon on offense and Da'mon Cromartie-Smith on D.
Really hard to single out anybody with everybody playing so smart, but how 'bout Sepulveda? Gotta love a punter that can shed a block and make the tackle.

O'Malley
08-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Lefty,Dix,Redman.

tony hipchest
08-21-2010, 09:50 PM
ben threw a horrible int kinda like some of the ones that contributed to losses last season. he needs to lear no anticipate wallace being open instead of waiting for him to GET open.

leftwich showed improvement and actually got the ball to him w/o the threat of a tackle or int.

dixon looked very comfortable, very sharp, and pretty quick with his decisions.

with that being said i give it to matt spaeth... i mean dixon.

vasteeler
08-21-2010, 10:05 PM
ben threw a horrible int kinda like some of the ones that contributed to losses last season. he needs to lear no anticipate wallace being open instead of waiting for him to GET open.

leftwich showed improvement and actually got the ball to him w/o the threat of a tackle or int.

dixon looked very comfortable, very sharp, and pretty quick with his decisions.

with that being said i give it to matt spaeth... i mean dixon.

in his defense he was on the run trying to make the throw

zulater
08-21-2010, 10:10 PM
I thought all 3 quarterbacks played well tonight.

Chidi29
08-21-2010, 10:11 PM
in his defense he was on the run trying to make the throw

Which meant he shouldn't have tried to throw it deep.

stillers4me
08-21-2010, 10:19 PM
He said on steelers.com that the ball came off his hand wrong. Shit happens.

vasteeler
08-21-2010, 10:31 PM

yeah, i realized that as soon as i hit the submit button:alcohol:

tony hipchest
08-21-2010, 11:55 PM

thank you. if ben woulda just thrown it deep before he sidestepped a rusher and scrambled (great move BTW), wallace still woulda gotten open and been able to run underneath the ball for a TD.

thgats the thing with wallace... all 3 qb's are learning to anticipate him being open and just letting er rip. great qb's would rather overthrow a fast wr as opposed to being TOO cautious and throw an int because of an underthrow (this has been something that has plagued ben his entire career- we all know he has a big arm).

oh, and if i didnt think dixon was such a clear cut favorite for the gameball, i might suggest pouncey. i didnt really study him or anything, but he sure did seem to stand out and not get pushed back.

Vincent
08-22-2010, 12:13 AM

Ben sucks. Bench his ass.

steelpride12
08-22-2010, 12:34 AM
Lefty for coming out this week and performing well and his perfect arch pass to Wallace for the TD!

steelerdude15
08-22-2010, 12:52 AM
I'm going to go with Byron.

Mach1
08-22-2010, 01:24 AM
Chuck, he didn't break any bones. :chuckle:

Wallace, looks like a good replacement for Santo.

Galax Steeler
08-22-2010, 07:43 AM
I give mine to Dixon he really looked smooth and made some good decisions. Wallace and Sanders are runner ups.

Wallace108
08-22-2010, 08:53 AM
Game balls go to both Lefty and Dixon. I feel confident with either one of them starting.

SteelerSal
08-22-2010, 08:58 AM
Game balls go to both Lefty and Dixon. I feel confident with either one of them starting.

I agree with the game balls going to both but I'm leaning towards Dixon starting because of his mobility and he seems cool under pressure.......as for lefty, he seems to be the only one on the team that can hit Wallace in stride.

venom
08-22-2010, 08:58 AM
Besides Dixon , Ill give one to the Steeler fans that showed up . Including myself , there must have been 10,000 Steeler fans ( maybe more ) there for the pre-season game . Great showing guys !!!!!

Wallace108
08-22-2010, 09:22 AM
I agree with the game balls going to both but I'm leaning towards Dixon starting because of his mobility and he seems cool under pressure.

That would be fine with me!! I'm impressed with the way he's playing. Some teams don't have a dependable quarterback. We have 3 who I feel confident in if they're playing (4 if you count Batch).

SteelerFanInStl
08-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Dixon and an honorable mention to Pouncey. I'm surprised at all of the mentions of Lefty. Except for the perfect long ball to Wallace, he didn't do anything to stand out IMO.

Pouncey needs to be the starting center game one. Not only is he not getting pushed back, he's pushing his man back and making multiple blocks downfield.

SteelerSal
08-22-2010, 10:35 AM
Pouncey needs to be the starting center game one. Not only is he not getting pushed back, he's pushing his man back and making multiple blocks downfield.

Pouncey is a stud and will be soon mentioned in the same group as the dermonti's, websters, feneca's and so on.

As for Dixon...there absolutely needs to be packages in the playbook for this guy to be on the field when Ben gets back. Dixon has way to much talent to be wasted on the sidelines holding a clipboard.

solardave
08-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Redzone showing why in the world he needs to be kept.

I agree Redman played very well. He's making a stronger case than last year. He probably figures he has to.

Kaeg
08-22-2010, 11:53 AM
All QB play was decent or good at least, I thought. Does anyone know Dixon's QB rating from last night? I may be tough to beat last week's perfect rating, but I think he actually may have played better. Hehehe.

Steeltreal
08-22-2010, 11:55 AM
All QB play was decent or good at least, I thought. Does anyone know Dixon's QB rating from last night? I may be tough to beat last week's perfect rating, but I think he actually may have played better. Hehehe.

And that was with nothing but handoffs in the 4th quarter

7willBheaven
08-22-2010, 12:10 PM
Going to give out 1 for each "phase" of the game, O, D, and ST.

For the O I'm going to group all 3 QBs together for 1...yeah Ben had the INT, but i can overlook that based on him being on the run, not getting to plant his foot/etc. Lefty and Dixon looked really good out there too. Pouncey getting an honorable mention for continuing to dominate.

For the D i'm going to have to go with a tie here, Joe Burnett and Aaron Smith...Joe had a very nice INT and played steady throughout the game...and Smith looked dominate on the line during the game and got himself a rare sack! Honorable mention to Sylvester, the kid played good, has a nose for the ball, had a sack and then a tipped pass...and seems to be forcing the team to keep 9 LB.

For ST i'm going to go with good ol' Sep! He did decent on his first official in game kickoffs, he punted, and i loved his play on that tackle he got. Honorable mention to Brown and Summers (who always seems to be around the ball on ST plays).

Psycho Ward 86
08-22-2010, 12:23 PM

109.4 according to NFL.com

steeldevil
08-22-2010, 12:45 PM
The QB's, Redman, and Sylvester.

Psycho Ward 86
08-22-2010, 12:56 PM
Redman and Dixon

86WARD
08-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Dennis Dixon and Keyaron Fox.

Overall...Ahmad Bradshaw. He was impressive. Very impressive.

Devilsdancefloor
08-22-2010, 05:47 PM
sanders for his catches and he is a hell of a blocker

O'Malley
08-22-2010, 06:20 PM
sanders for his catches and he is a hell of a blocker

I am wondering if Ward showed him how to block or is it just part of his game. The guy is Hines like down field. Good to see another reciever that likes to hit!

Chidi29
08-23-2010, 01:11 AM
Doug Legursky. Guy is a monster.

SteelMember
08-23-2010, 09:26 AM
Dennis Dixon.

I know there's folks saying he's doing it against 2nd and 3rd teamers, but imo, he is running the offense much crisper and definitive. He's getting them into a good rhythm, and moving the chains. Ya, I guess you could make an arguement for Lefty and the big TD throw, but I don't think that was enough for a game ball. Besides that QB sneak, and clock management should make that a wash.

SteelGhost
08-23-2010, 10:29 AM
Dennis Dixon, he made some nice plays staying IN the pocket :thumbsup:

Honorable mentions to DSep, he tackled the PR despite of being pulled by his jersey :tt03: Isaac Redman had another great game as well as Pouncey. Key Fox was playing very motivated. Leftwich TD pass to Wallace was really nice.

Dino 6 Rings
08-23-2010, 11:17 AM
Justin Vincent gets my game ball.

6 carries, 37 yards. 6.2 average. He beat on the Giants dline and made them look pathetic.