PDA

View Full Version : Game Goats for Jets game

steelerdude15
11-09-2014, 02:50 PM
Everyone is my goat.

steel9guy
11-09-2014, 02:54 PM
This is the curse of Bruce Arians. So he gets the goat.

Drazo85
11-09-2014, 02:54 PM
Ben and AB.

ALLD
11-09-2014, 03:02 PM
AB single handedly fumbled the game away. Defense could not stop a girl scout. Everybody looked confused like they thought the Jets would simply roll over. Surprise, coaching should be embarrassed.

tube517
11-09-2014, 03:05 PM
I don't blame the defense for this loss. They were in short fields a majority of the day except for the long pass.

The offense couldn't do shit all day. Fumbles, INTs, too many mental errors.

Steelerette
11-09-2014, 03:09 PM
I guess I have to give it to Ben. INT at the goal line was the difference, another INT when he had all day, then settling for 3 after having 1st and goal at the 1, when he had all day to run it in himself. And settling for 0 because Suisham misses a 20 yard FG!??, another time we were deep in the end zone. We had a stupid amount of bad luck today and you have to put that on coaching for not having us prepared... but Ben had his chances to rise above that, and that's why he doesn't get mentioned in the same breath as Peyton and Tom.

edited to add:

And why did it take so long to get Martavis involved? From the looks of how the 4th quarter went... could have been an easy route. Martavis will be special for years to come. Let's hope this is a lesson learned by Haley and Ben.

Shoes
11-09-2014, 03:11 PM
I mean is anyone really surprised? :chuckle:

tube517
11-09-2014, 03:14 PM
Jets could be 0-25 and they still play the Steelers tough. Not an excuse, just a fact.

Titans next week. I expect nothing good next week.

86WARD
11-09-2014, 03:18 PM
Tomlin, Brown, Ben...pretty much the whole team. I wouldn't call Harrison a goat though so he would be my gameball winner for the hustle and by default.

Shoes
Jets could be 0-25 and they still play the Steelers tough. Not an excuse, just a fact.

Anyone 0-25 would be tough for this team

86WARD

Nothing ever comes out good when the Steelers travel to Tennessee.

Steeltreal
11-09-2014, 03:24 PM

Titans next week. I expect nothing good next week.but its Lebeau vs a Rookie QB!

stillers4me
11-09-2014, 03:37 PM
I want to know why James was on the field for an offensive play....in the redzone when we desperately needed to score. Surely, there is at least on play in the playbook better than that!

So this means some cutsey play with James wasn't even in the playbook.........and we desperately needed to score there!!!!!!! WTF?????????????????????

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I know James is old and slow and all...but I'm pretty sure he knows when he's supposed be on the field and when he isn't...right?

Count Steeler
11-09-2014, 03:39 PM
Tomlin. Win the coin toss and choose to kick the ball. Not an aggressive move and just set the complacent tempo for the rest of the team to follow.

Should have taken the ball and passed the ball into a struggling secondary. Nope, gave the Jets the ball, the momentum and the lead.

Honorable mention, AB. Humble pie for dessert tonight.

zulater
11-09-2014, 03:40 PM
Haley. I thought the play calling early set the tone. Here's a team with vulnerable corners and instead of attacking there, we play to their strengths. Run right into the heart of a defense that specializes in stopping the run. Then we pass sideways and short, again playing to their strength at linebacker. He gets my primary goat. Here's something that is revealing. I heard David Todd talking about an interview he had with Todd Haley during this past week leading into this game. He asked him about whether they were going to game plan to take advantage of their way below average corners. Haley said something to the effect that we do what we do and really don't pay much mind to what's going on with the other team. :doh: David Todd thought or at least was hoping Haley just wasn't tipping his hand. But he said he feared he wasn't. And of course that proved right.
Haley came out with a game plan that put this team behind the eight ball early. He doesn't adapt or figure things out on the fly to where he can right a poor plan. As bad as Ben was. As bad as Antonio was. As bad as the o-line was. There is but one goat. And his name is Todd Haley.

NCSteeler
11-09-2014, 03:40 PM
Coaching, urgent coaching. When have you seen good crunch time coaching out of this team

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fansince'76
11-09-2014, 03:41 PM
I want to know why James was on the field for an offensive play....in the redzone when we desperately needed to score. Surely, there is at least on play in the playbook better than that!

So this means some cutsey play with James wasn't even in the playbook.........and we desperately needed to score there!!!!!!! WTF?????????????????????

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I know James is old and slow and all...but I'm pretty sure he knows when he's supposed be on the field and when he isn't...right?

That was just a microcosm of the shit play calling on offense all day.

How "smart" do you feel today, Todd? :coffee:

stillers4me
11-09-2014, 03:41 PM
I'm not worried about AB...or Ben for that matter. Both of them will come back strong. Both of them are as competitive as the other.

zulater
11-09-2014, 03:43 PM
Nothing ever comes out good when the Steelers travel to Tennessee.

That's a good point. But if this team is anything close to what they appeared to be the previous 3 games they will come out with a strong effort and beat the Titans. I'm calling it now. Steelers beat the Titans going away 34-13.

Shoes
11-09-2014, 03:44 PM

- - - Updated - - -

So who put him out there and why?

NCSteeler
11-09-2014, 03:45 PM
Haley. I thought the play calling early set the tone. Here's a team with vulnerable corners and instead of attacking there, we play to their strengths. Run right into the heart of a defense that specializes in stopping the run. Then we pass sideways and short, again playing to their strength at linebacker. He gets my primary goat. Here's something that is revealing. I heard David Todd talking about an interview he had with Todd Haley during this past week leading into this game. He asked him about whether they were going to game plan to take advantage of their way below average corners. Haley said something to the effect that we do what we do and really don't pay much mind to what's going on with the other team. :doh: David Todd thought or at least was hoping Haley just wasn't tipping his hand. But he said he feared he wasn't. And of course that proved right.
Haley came out with a game plan that put this team behind the eight ball early. He doesn't adapt or figure things out on the fly to where he can right a poor plan. As bad as Ben was. As bad as Antonio was. As bad as the o-line was. There is but one goat. And his name is Todd Haley.

Zu's, that is the exact arrogance that finally made me want to fire Arians. Not practicing against the type of defense your facing, not game planning a windy cold day in Cleveland, not game planning to take advantage of your opponents weakness. Complete bullshit. I freaking hate Belicheat but week to week he game plans his opponents weakness to his teams advantage. Great big WTF!

Count Steeler
So who put him out there and why?

Good question. Wonder if he reported receiver eligible.

stillers4me

DOESN'T CHANGE THAT FACT THAT WE DROPPED 43 POINTS ON YOUR SORRY ASSES. ASSHOLE.

NCSteeler
11-09-2014, 03:48 PM
Hate to say it, but it makes you wonder if that wasn't our SB

fansince'76

Wow. Obsessed dickhead much?

Count Steeler

DOESN'T CHANGE THAT FACT THAT WE DROPPED 43 POINTS ON YOUR SORRY ASSES. ASSHOLE.

That is another reason to take care of business. Now we have to go to Tennessee and I am looking forward to another loss.

zulater
11-09-2014, 03:50 PM
Zu's, that is the exact arrogance that finally made me want to fire Arians. Not practicing against the type of defense your facing, not game planning a windy cold day in Cleveland, not game planning to take advantage of your opponents weakness. Complete bullshit. I freaking hate Belicheat but week to week he game plans his opponents weakness to his teams advantage. Great big WTF!

Exactly! We can piss and moan all we want about the "Cheatriots", but the fact is that Bellichick is one helluva coach. In five weeks he can employ 5 disctinctly different game plans unique to take advantage of every given teams specific weaknesses. .

- - - Updated - - -

Wow. Obsessed dickhead much?

Hopefully that will put a fire into the Steelers going into next week.

st33lersguy
11-09-2014, 03:54 PM

And they got their asses handed to them by a bad football team

The Bark
11-09-2014, 04:12 PM
Goat? Bieber...and anyone who had their picture taken with him.

But seriously: Tomlin - and not for this game, but the culmination of sub-par play against sub-par teams AND continually not having this team ready to play in the first quarter EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. This is where Tomlin as a coach is an EPIC FAILURE. A good coach will take wins like the last two and assess what improvements can made and strive to make them. The Steelers have come out of the gates looking as though they have better things to be doing for every game except the opener against Cleveland. This is the earliest I've lost interest in a game as I went to grab a bite to eat before the end of the 2nd quarter. I only half-heartedly watched the second half and didn't even see the TD - the sad part being the outcome was evident midway through the first quarter.

ALLD
11-09-2014, 04:15 PM

You are right about game planning. Maybe we matched up better against the Colts and Rats, but he may have put in more effort than standard offense. The Steelers I saw today looked like a base offense. Then putting in Harrison to look for a spark? That is all you got, really?

fansince'76
11-09-2014, 04:17 PM
And they got their asses handed to them by a bad football team

And Harbitch's team of cheap-shotting POSes got their asses handed to them by a team that got their asses handed to them by a bad football team. So what does that say for them?

Harbitch just needs to STFU.

steelreserve
11-09-2014, 04:25 PM
Goats ... Brown, for the fumbles. Thankfully the second one amounted to nothing, or I would've likely quit watching at halftime.

Ben ... just was not on the same page as the rest of the offense all day. That interception on the goal line was the most obviously forced pass I've ever seen. I knew he was going to Bryant and so did everyone else in the entire country.

The entire offense for being inside the 5-yard line three times and coming away with a grand total of three points.

A big fuck you to Haley, for as soon as he found a formula that was working, immediately going back to the same bullshit that hadn't worked all season. Cute dump-offs and misdirection plays where you don't misdirect anyone - how well was that working a month ago? Guess what, it still doesn't work now, Captain Dipshit. At one point I saw Ben was something like 14/18 on pass attempts, which is not bad, for about 60 total yards. That means PISS POOR PLAY CALLING. To only score 6 points all game until garbage time is just unthinkably bad. That was not a good defense we were facing. Or a good offense.

What a total shitfuck.

Butch
11-09-2014, 04:40 PM
Goats are Ben and AB and I will put Haley in there as well for not game planning. As was said previously this is a big reason I wanted to see BA gone. Game Planning wins games...it's that simple. I will also say nothing good EVER happens when we only rush 3, please stop that crap and lets put pressure on the QB. Even if they score I like our chances much better when we rush the QB. While I am in complain mode why didn't Blount follow Harrison into the endzone? If he did I think he would have scored instead he runs up the middle and goes backwards. Oh and lets go for 3 when we are down 17 what a chicken shite play call that was, and we didn't even score.

As for the good James Harrison and that's all I got.

katmandu
11-09-2014, 04:42 PM
Here's something that is revealing.

I heard David Todd talking about an interview he had with Todd Haley during this past week leading into this game. He asked him about whether they were going to game plan to take advantage of their way below average corners. Haley said something to the effect that we do what we do and really don't pay much mind to what's going on with the other team. :doh:

David Todd thought or at least was hoping Haley just wasn't tipping his hand. But he said he feared he wasn't. And of course that proved right.

Haley came out with a game plan that put this team behind the eight ball early. He doesn't adapt or figure things out on the fly to where he can right a poor plan. As bad as Ben was. As bad as Antonio was. As bad as the o-line was. There is but one goat. And his name is Todd Haley.That truly is revealing and very, very disturbing.

So basically Haley's philosophy is to "try" to impose (ie FORCE) his Offensive tactics instead of having using a well planned out strategy against his opponent's weaknesses ?

That's what Wee Ball and Jr. High school coaches do !

Butch
11-09-2014, 04:47 PM
As for that crap harbitch spouted. Your lame ass team has to resort to cheap tactics to try to win because they don't have confidence to play a legitimate game. You have a team full of Thuggs who aint worth a shit so go bark up another tree you crybaby, inbread bastard.

Next time you have to play the Steelers take your team out for a game of Hide and go F yourselves.

Mojouw
11-09-2014, 04:51 PM
That truly is revealing and very, very disturbing.

So basically Haley's philosophy is to "try" to impose (ie FORCE) his Offensive tactics instead of having using a well planned out strategy against his opponent's weaknesses ?

That's what Wee Ball and Jr. High school coaches do !

Lebea has done this for years, especially when he has dominant OLB'ers. In fact the Steelers admitted as much during the 3 SB in 5 years recent run. They basically said we don't really game-plan that much we just pressure the hell out of an offense until it makes mistakes.

If I had the weapons at Haley's disposal as an OC, I wouldn't game-plan all that much either. I would attack.

What can you do when those weapons turn the ball over 4 times? Twice on stupid throws by the hottest QB on the planet?

Butch
11-09-2014, 04:55 PM
Where was Big Dan today? Why aren't we playing him? Seems he did pretty good when he played against the colts.

zulater
11-09-2014, 04:56 PM
Lebea has done this for years, especially when he has dominant OLB'ers. In fact the Steelers admitted as much during the 3 SB in 5 years recent run. They basically said we don't really game-plan that much we just pressure the hell out of an offense until it makes mistakes.

If I had the weapons at Haley's disposal as an OC, I wouldn't game-plan all that much either. I would attack.

What can you do when those weapons turn the ball over 4 times? Twice on stupid throws by the hottest QB on the planet?

Before any of the turnovers Haley exposed his crappy game plan to play to the Jets defenses strengths and avoid their weaknesses. Strong front 7. So let's run at them and then pass to the LeVeon in close quarters. Historically bad corners? No reason to go vertical.

Haley's a fucking moron.

Texasteel
11-09-2014, 05:04 PM

Does this mean I can hate Haley again Zu. By the way, was the hat on, or off.

katmandu
11-09-2014, 05:05 PM
Before any of the turnovers Haley exposed his crappy game plan to play to the Jets defenses strengths and avoid their weaknesses. Strong front 7. So let's run at them and then pass to the LeVeon in close quarters. Historically bad corners? No reason to go vertical.

Haley's a fucking moron.x2! AND ! Tomlin ALLOWS him to continue on with his lunacy!

Shoes
11-09-2014, 05:12 PM
x2! AND ! Tomlin ALLOWS him to continue on with his lunacy!

Like having Harrison at RB on goal line plays!

Count Steeler
11-09-2014, 05:15 PM
Where was Big Dan today? Why aren't we playing him? Seems he did pretty good when he played against the colts.

He was in their today. I noticed at least 2 plays and he got handled by Mangold. No slouch.

Texasteel
11-09-2014, 05:18 PM
I was wondering what the hell happened on the drive home from work. Sounds like coaching happened, or the lack of.

zulater
11-09-2014, 05:24 PM
Does this mean I can hate Haley again Zu. By the way, was the hat on, or off.

I never stopped. The players overcome him at times. But he's an ass and incompetent all the same.

Today Todd wanted to thrill us with his brilliance by pounding the proverbial square peg into the round hole. Here's Todd. Ha You think you can stop our new found vertical passing game? I got news for you. You don't have to because I. the brilliant Todd Haley will beat you at what you do best.
I will impose my will! This offense isn't about Ben and our receivers. It's about me! I'll beat you however I please.

Yeah, it's that kind of night. :lol:

katmandu
11-09-2014, 05:30 PM
Like having Harrison at RB on goal line plays!Should've use BIG DAN in there instead of Harrison!

X-Terminator
11-09-2014, 05:30 PM
At the same time, you simply can't turn the ball over 4 times and expect to win. Doesn't matter if the opponent is good or bad. The turnovers are a lack of focus and poor decision-making that can't always be blamed on coaching.

However, I should have known that Haley would try to prove he's so smart by going away from what worked so well the past 2 weeks and try to run against a good defensive front instead of throwing early and often against a decimated secondary. Again, I have to ask if Tomlin really has control over his coaching staff. It doesn't seem like it.

katmandu
11-09-2014, 05:37 PM
I never stopped. The players overcome him at times. But he's an ass and incompetent all the same.

Today Todd wanted to thrill us with his brilliance by pounding the proverbial square peg into the round hole. Here's Todd. Ha You think you can stop our new found vertical passing game? I got news for you.

"You don't have to because I ! The brilliant Todd Haley will beat you at what you do best!".

" I will impose my will! This offense isn't about Ben and our receivers. It's about me! I'll beat you however I please !"

Yeah, it's that kind of night. :lol:ROGLMFAO !!!!!:rofl2:

- - - Updated - - -

At the same time, you simply can't turn the ball over 4 times and expect to win. Doesn't matter if the opponent is good or bad.

The turnovers are a lack of focus and poor decision-making that can't always be blamed on coaching.Perhaps, Ben and crew were still hungover from celebrating last weeks record achievements ?

Mojouw
11-09-2014, 05:39 PM

Haley's a fucking moron.

They had one drive like that that resulted in a punt in the 1st quarter. Then they had a fumble by AB on the next possession. Then the next drive they came out with play calls aimed at TOP. They needed to get the defense a rest, it had been on the field for nearly an entire quarter at this point. The drove to the Jets 10, chewing up 7-8 minutes of game clock. Not bad in the situation they were in (down 17 on the road and a defense that was getting its ass handed to it). Then their red-hot QB got caught going to the well one too many times and tried to force a red zone throw to Bryant into double or maybe triple coverage - not sure because my game stream was not the best for the 1st 2 quarters. Out of frustration, I stopped watching, but the game log indicates it was double digit yards/attempt the rest of the way (http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb/pbp.asp?gamecode=20141109020&home=20&vis=23).

This lead to another interception by Ben and then this sequence of awful http://deadspin.com/big-ben-and-the-jets-tried-to-out-suck-each-other-1656596501

That is the guy who threw for 12 touchdowns and 1000 some odd yards the last two weeks, throwing off his back foot, generally letting his mechanics go to crap, and missing receivers down the field like it is a crappy high school game.

Now maybe I missed something, but how is this Haley's fault again? When was he supposed to go bombs away at those Jet Corners? When his defense had just spent almost 15 straight minutes on the field? Or maybe it was after his QB threw 2 picks in double or better coverages? Or maybe when his QB misfired on the deep ball all day?

Yeah it sucks to lose to the crap-tastic Jets. It sucks that on a day they could have taken the top spot in the division - the only sure path to the playoffs in the AFC this year - that they well and truly shit the bed. But when Ben and AB account for 2 turnovers a piece -- that's on them.

zulater
11-09-2014, 05:47 PM
Apologist at play. Not in the mood to play back tonight.

If you watched the game you know the Steelers had no plan to go vertical against the Jets until they were well behind. The fumble by Brown was the result of throwing to guy bracketed by defensive linemen and linebackers inside the tackle box as opposed to safeties and cornerbacks in space where he operates best. . .

X-Terminator
11-09-2014, 05:54 PM
They had one drive like that that resulted in a punt in the 1st quarter. Then they had a fumble by AB on the next possession. Then the next drive they came out with play calls aimed at TOP. They needed to get the defense a rest, it had been on the field for nearly an entire quarter at this point. The drove to the Jets 10, chewing up 7-8 minutes of game clock. Not bad in the situation they were in (down 17 on the road and a defense that was getting its ass handed to it). Then their red-hot QB got caught going to the well one too many times and tried to force a red zone throw to Bryant into double or maybe triple coverage - not sure because my game stream was not the best for the 1st 2 quarters. Out of frustration, I stopped watching, but the game log indicates it was double digit yards/attempt the rest of the way (http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb/pbp.asp?gamecode=20141109020&home=20&vis=23).

The YPA went up because Ben threw the 80-yard TD to Bryant. Other than that, he'd have had around 260 yards on 40 attempts, which is only about 6.5 YPA. Not very good at all and indicative of a poor game plan.

zulater
11-09-2014, 05:57 PM
Blame Tomlin. His post game press conference was revealing. He instructed his team to play not to lose going into the game. Plant that seed and you lose every time. This team won by playing aggressive. Tomlin got the fool idea that we couldn't lose this game unless we beat ourselves. So he was responsible for the overly conservative game plan that completely backfired in our faces. There's a reason we can't beat bad teams. It's Tomlin.

X-Terminator
11-09-2014, 06:02 PM
Blame Tomlin. His post game press conference was revealing. He instructed his team to play not to lose going into the game. Plant that seed and you lose every time. This team won by playing aggressive. Tomlin got the fool idea that we couldn't lose this game unless we beat ourselves. So he was responsible for the overly conservative game plan that completely backfired in our faces. There's a reason we can't beat bad teams. It's Tomlin.

Didn't someone predict this during the week? That if the Steelers tried to play close-to-the-vest, they'd lose?

Mojouw
11-09-2014, 07:12 PM
Apologist at play. Not in the mood to play back tonight.

If you watched the game you know the Steelers had no plan to go vertical against the Jets until they were well behind. The fumble by Brown was the result of throwing to guy bracketed by defensive linemen and linebackers inside the tackle box as opposed to safeties and cornerbacks in space where he operates best. . .

Not being an apologist at all. Where did I say that I agreed with the game plan?

I did watch the game until the Steelers were down by 17 and had committed their second dumbfounding turnover. That's pretty much when the wheels came off of this crap-wagon of a game.

What I saw were two plays to AB in the first 2 drives. One got him to the outside against an over matched DB for 10 yards. The second was a fumble.

Prior to going down by 17 points and having to light the game-plan on fire; AB was targeted on 2 of the first 7 offensive plays. One of those was a sack where the protection broke down early in the play. That could have also been intended for AB. Maybe even deep, as Ben seemed to be setting up to let one rip prior to the sack. So that is (likely) 3 out of 7 offensive plays designed to get the ball to your best playmaker on the outside of the field. All but one of the other offensive plays was designed for your second best offensive weapon, a back who is on pace for an astounding # of yards from scrimmage this year.

They then went into a "prevent" style offense to let their defense get a breather, and still marched down the field only to see Ben throw a shockingly bad pick.

These are the facts of the majority of the first half. I am not attempting to apologize for anyone's performance. I don't care if the whole damn staff gets fired next week, as long as it is for data driven reasons based on cold hard facts - not an emotional response to a crushing loss.

I would rather talk about why Roethlisberger's mechanics suddenly look crappy. When this team is going to find a LG who can do more than simply get in a defender's way as he falls on his ass. What are the possibilities for fixing the terrible back-end of this defense? Maybe it is re-inserting Taylor and Allen into the line-up? Maybe it is playing some more exotic fronts and schemes?

Or we can attempt to peer into our psychological magic eight balls and discuss motivation, desire, grit, and determination until we are all blue in the face.

GBMelBlount
11-09-2014, 07:20 PM
Haley. I thought the play calling early set the tone. Here's a team with vulnerable corners and instead of attacking there, we play to their strengths.

EXACTLY.

What the mother effing mother eff?

SteelerFanInStl
11-09-2014, 07:34 PM

I watched part of that post game conference. Tomlin's just f'ing clueless. He got asked a direct question about a pattern of this team losing to bad teams and he re-directed to talk about turnover ratio. He always places the blame on "execution" and never on the game plan or anything to do with the coaches.

Once again this team wasn't ready to play this week.

I'm done with him.

Steeldude
11-09-2014, 07:42 PM
I would say everyone, but I think Harrison get a pass and perhaps a few others. Harrison seemed to be hustling the entire game.

X-Terminator
11-09-2014, 07:43 PM
I watched part of that post game conference. Tomlin's just f'ing clueless. He got asked a direct question about a pattern of this team losing to bad teams and he re-directed to talk about turnover ratio. He always places the blame on "execution" and never on the game plan or anything to do with the coaches.

Once again this team wasn't ready to play this week.

I'm done with him.

He's right about that, though. As I said, you can't turn the ball over 4 times against anyone and expect to win. And if you don't execute the game plan, you won't be successful. The problem with that is when the game plan is doomed from the beginning, you can't place all the blame on the players for not executing it.

Anyway, I don't get overly emotional about these games anymore, win or lose. I've got other things to occupy my time and mind, and besides, the overall NFL game sucks to high heaven anyway.

SteelerFanInStl
11-09-2014, 08:00 PM
He's right about that, though. As I said, you can't turn the ball over 4 times against anyone and expect to win. And if you don't execute the game plan, you won't be successful. The problem with that is when the game plan is doomed from the beginning, you can't place all the blame on the players for not executing it.

Anyway, I don't get overly emotional about these games anymore, win or lose. I've got other things to occupy my time and mind, and besides, the overall NFL game sucks to high heaven anyway.

Of course you can't turn the ball over but that wasn't what was being asked of him. He was being asked why his team keeps losing to bad teams. The guy who asked the question should have asked him the same thing again since he didn't address it.

The simple fact is that he doesn't have his team prepared. The team wasn't ready to play last week either against Baltimore but the Ravens woke them up with the thuggery and personal fouls.

This crap has just been going on for far too long.

Dwinsgames
11-09-2014, 08:00 PM
this was so bad there really isnt anything to talk about that is going to make it feel any better .......

stillers4me
11-09-2014, 08:07 PM
That Ben to Bryant TD was awesome.....and good news for the future of this offense.

X-Terminator
11-09-2014, 08:09 PM
Of course you can't turn the ball over but that wasn't what was being asked of him. He was being asked why his team keeps losing to bad teams. The guy who asked the question should have asked him the same thing again since he didn't address it.

The simple fact is that he doesn't have his team prepared. The team wasn't ready to play last week either against Baltimore but the Ravens woke them up with the thuggery and personal fouls.

This crap has just been going on for far too long.

Well, I can't really disagree with that. Sometimes you have to just admit you didn't have the team ready to play, and deal with the shitstorm afterward.

It's still mystifying to me why this team continues to lose to bad teams, though. Is it cockiness? Overconfidence (even though just about everyone denied that)? The aforementioned preparation? All of the above? If they played every game against good teams, they'd probably be 12-4 or better every season.

ALLD
11-09-2014, 08:12 PM
There is a giant blank spot somewhere in coaching where a communication problem exists. Looks like coaches are not putting in enough effort or they are simply being out coached. Sure execution is sometimes bad, but that could be because the players smell a rotten game plan if one at all.

Steeldude
11-09-2014, 08:28 PM
And remember, it's not Tomlin's fault for having their OLB out their trying to catch a pass. It's Harrison's fault for not executing, right?

Count Steeler
11-09-2014, 08:48 PM
And remember, it's not Tomlin's fault for having their OLB out their trying to catch a pass. It's Harrison's fault for not executing, right?

That is 100% on Tomlin. If he doesn't know what is going on with this team, he should not be the head coach. I was really hoping that he had finally figured out how to win in this league. Call it blind hope, cause this dude is lost when it comes to game preparation. Poor decision on the coin toss. Poor preparation, by his own admission in his post game presser. You don't play not to lose. PLAY TO WIN!!!

Devilsdancefloor
11-09-2014, 09:40 PM
run run bubble screen when the past 3 games throwing the ball down field worked and looked like the O was pretty unstoppable, SO todd haley im looking at you stop trying to be cute

vader29
11-09-2014, 09:55 PM

86WARD
11-09-2014, 10:43 PM
That's a good point. But if this team is anything close to what they appeared to be the previous 3 games they will come out with a strong effort and beat the Titans. I'm calling it now. Steelers beat the Titans going away 34-13.

I could only hope you are right!!

Lady Steel
11-09-2014, 11:13 PM
I hate everyone on this team right now. I'm serious. Everyone!

So throwing some screens to Bell worked a few times last week? Okay, cool! Let's try it a bamillion times this week. They'll never catch on! And if they do, let's do it a bamillion times more because now they'll think we won't do it. Yeah, that'll show 'em!

No! Stop it! Stop it right now! Gawd!

I hate Todd Haley with the passion of 1,000,000 burning suns. I don't know if he's stupid or arrogant. Oh, wait, yes I do. He's both. Ben was throwin' shade on his ego this past week. Well, it looks like Haley's ego was back in full force today. I want to punch him in the head so freakin' bad. :pin:

This team was not prepared today and there's absolutely no excuse for it. That's a coaching problem which needs to be addressed. Someone upthread stated you play to win and I agree with him 100%.

Anyway, I'm sorry for venting. I'm just so flippin' mad. I'm embarrassed to be a Steelers' fan today, but I do still believe in this team.

86WARD
11-09-2014, 11:25 PM
I believe in this team too...I just believe that they are what they are. Play up to the good teams and down to the bad teams.

Craic
11-09-2014, 11:42 PM
Well, I can't really disagree with that. Sometimes you have to just admit you didn't have the team ready to play, and deal with the shitstorm afterward.

It's still mystifying to me why this team continues to lose to bad teams, though. Is it cockiness? Overconfidence (even though just about everyone denied that)? The aforementioned preparation? All of the above? If they played every game against good teams, they'd probably be 12-4 or better every season.

Remember, part of it is that when bad teams play good teams, they often come out with a "nothing to lose" attitude, and they do things that befuddles the offense.

Then, at other times, we go back to a short passing game (OC's fault), Ben looks like he can't hit the broad side of a barn for over half a game (Ben's fault), and we just generally suck for a game (team's fault).

X-Terminator
11-10-2014, 12:13 AM
Remember, part of it is that when bad teams play good teams, they often come out with a "nothing to lose" attitude, and they do things that befuddles the offense.

Then, at other times, we go back to a short passing game (OC's fault), Ben looks like he can't hit the broad side of a barn for over half a game (Ben's fault), and we just generally suck for a game (team's fault).

I've thought about that. Then it's everyone's job - from the coaching staff down to the guy who hands the players Gatorade - to make sure they match that desperation. They say it a lot in hockey...it's no different in football. That is what this team lacks more than anything else whenever they play bad teams. They don't play with the same sense of urgency and will to win than the other "bad" team does, and ultimately they end up losing. The Jets had lost 8 straight games. Did they really think they would just roll over for them?

Lady Steel
11-10-2014, 12:18 AM
I've thought about that. Then it's everyone's job - from the coaching staff down to the guy who hands the players Gatorade - to make sure they match that desperation. They say it a lot in hockey...it's no different in football. That is what this team lacks more than anything else whenever they play bad teams. They don't play with the same sense of urgency and will to win than the other "bad" team does, and ultimately they end up losing.

I agree, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around what this team is actually trying to accomplish. I thought, for sure, they would blow up the Jets big time by throwing against their shitty secondary. But, nope! It makes absolutely no sense and is so frustrating. I just don't get it.

stillers4me
11-10-2014, 06:49 AM
How about giving Jets some credit?

I know it's hard to believe but other teams do some preparation,too. And everyone knows, that "Steelers week" is just about everyone else's Super Bowl.

I remember over studying for big tests..........and walking out of the room thinking, ''wow, that was way too easy."

I just don't buy the "Tomlin can't prepare the team for games" theory. He took Cowher's team that didn't even make the playoffs and turned them into a superbowl winner. So, OBVIOUSLY, he's capable enough to do that. Both the coaches and the team talks about their opponents all week long in interviews, so yeah...they've studied the "tape". Why was beating the Ravens so easy, but beating the Jets was not?

Any given Sunday. And we have to be ready to play everybody's Super Bowl every single week.

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10401890_10203133312040937_1380401048438711052_n.j pg?oh=89b39ad26d8edb50fdef13b92ac63970&oe=54E1DA21

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around what this team is actually trying to accomplish. I thought, for sure, they would blow up the Jets big time by throwing against their shitty secondary. But, nope! It makes absolutely no sense and is so frustrating. I just don't get it.

I don't get that, either! After Vick, shredded our D on the opening drive, I expected Ben to come and boom boom boom, and answer big time against a weak secondary. Instead, I got fed Bell getting stuffed up the middle. I don't get it.

steelreserve
11-10-2014, 10:43 AM

I really don't think they played that good of a game either. We handed them chance after chance that they refused to jump on. Our offense was stuck mostly as a result of playing stupid.

We had 6 completed passes that went for negative yardage in the first half. We came in with the hottest offense in the league, and the idiot coaches immediately made us come out playing with one hand tied behind our back. I will never understand that. It was a shitty game plan to begin with, and then shitty execution of the shitty game plan. All the Jets had to do was show up and not bungle things too badly.

st33lersguy
11-10-2014, 10:54 AM

If the Steelers were playing their best, the Jets at their best would lose by at least 14 points. 4 turnovers and a crappy gameplan is all the Steelers

dislocatedday
11-10-2014, 11:44 AM
I can't prove this in any way, but I do believe that almost every team (not just division opponents) gets themselves pumped up and ready to play the Steelers regardless of the circumstances. The Steelers do have an aura about them, obviously mainly due to the 6 Lombardi trophies, but also due to the history of this team and the players that have played here in the modern Superbowl era. The Steelers can't afford to take any team lightly. They are going to get an opponent's best effort almost every week. Outside of our opponents' divisional games, I think the Steelers are the one single team that most squads would like to beat. That is nothing I can prove with any measurable statistic, but it is something I've thought to be true for a long time.

Dwinsgames
11-10-2014, 11:55 AM
pretty much everyone not named Martavis Bryant 4-143 and a TD 35 + yards per catch average

NCSteeler
11-10-2014, 11:59 AM

I know it's hard to believe but other teams do some preparation,too. And everyone knows, that "Steelers week" is just about everyone else's Super Bowl.

I remember over studying for big tests..........and walking out of the room thinking, ''wow, that was way too easy."

I just don't buy the "Tomlin can't prepare the team for games" theory. He took Cowher's team that didn't even make the playoffs and turned them into a superbowl winner. So, OBVIOUSLY, he's capable enough to do that. Both the coaches and the team talks about their opponents all week long in interviews, so yeah...they've studied the "tape". Why was beating the Ravens so easy, but beating the Jets was not?

Any given Sunday. And we have to be ready to play everybody's Super Bowl every single week.

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10401890_10203133312040937_1380401048438711052_n.j pg?oh=89b39ad26d8edb50fdef13b92ac63970&oe=54E1DA21

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get that, either! After Vick, shredded our D on the opening drive, I expected Ben to come and boom boom boom, and answer big time against a weak secondary. Instead, I got fed Bell getting stuffed up the middle. I don't get it.

If you didn't get it why wouldn't our brilliant HC put a stop to it?

Why o why would such great coaches play a small ball game plan against the worst secondary in football?

Simply because this coaching staff is too stupid. I'm sure they figured the Jets watched all that film of the last 3 games, they'll be ready for that , lets go after their strongest part of the team, they'll never expect that. WTF!

steel striker
11-10-2014, 01:32 PM
Bad team showing all the way around and, yes give the Jets some credit they played hard. Pretty simple you can't turn the ball over 4 times and, expect to win. Just seemed everything was bad yesterday play calling and, the players not making plays. Then when Shaun makes a 53 yard FG and, the shanks a 23
yard FG pretty much sums up the day. You just don't know what steeler team will show up from week to week. Ben & Ab will need to have big games next week and, it drives me crazy why the steelers don't beat teams they should beat.

zulater
11-10-2014, 07:47 PM
pretty much everyone not named Martavis Bryant 4-143 and a TD 35 + yards per catch average

Actually I saw where it was said Bryant mis-ran his route near the end zone which accounted for the first interception. So he's not clear and free of goat horns either.

st33lersguy
11-10-2014, 10:23 PM
A special late game goat to AB who is back on facebook celebrating his individual accomplishments T.O. style

LLT
11-10-2014, 10:43 PM
Simply put....On offense, Antonio Brown has to shoulder the majority of the blame. His turnovers were game changers. On defense, I have to say William Gay was abysmal, just terrible.....from missed tackles to poor coverage. Not saying that he was the only one that played poorly....but his game was WAY off.

Craic
11-10-2014, 11:35 PM
Simply put....On offense, Antonio Brown has to shoulder the majority of the blame. His turnovers were game changers. On defense, I have to say William Gay was abysmal, just terrible.....from missed tackles to poor coverage. Not saying that he was the only one that played poorly....but his game was WAY off.

I noticed AB's turnovers, but one thing about him. Pretty much all his turnovers is because he's trying to hard to make something happen. I can fault him for that, but I'm not sure I can make him a goat for that (and I notice you didn't either, as you said blame).

Dwinsgames
11-11-2014, 12:16 AM
Actually I saw where it was said Bryant mis-ran his route near the end zone which accounted for the first interception. So he's not clear and free of goat horns either.

hard to say if he misran it or not , we do not know for certain where he was supposed to go ... the ball certainly was not on target but that could have been Ben just being off too and the ball was tipped as well , it turning into a pick considering everything that had to happen just right was about as likely as the same tree being hit by lightning twice in the same storm

zulater
11-11-2014, 08:25 AM
AB was not blameless, but I'm also not going to pin this loss on him in any way. The first fumble was a result bad play design more than bad ball security by Antonio. A wide receiver screen inside the tackle box at the line of scrimmage is never a great idea. It's a particularly bad idea when you have a behemoth like Muhammad Wilkerson at DE and you target his side of the field! Brown weight a buck 85 soaking wet. He's great in space. But that wasn't even close to space folks. He was bracketed by an All Pro DE and two All Pro caliber linebackers. That one of them managed to poke the ball out isn't a shock.

The fumbled punt return that was on him. But it ended up not costing the Steelers points. He was trying to hard to make a play. The ball was poorly kicked, but if he doesn't field the ball ( which he shouldn't have) there's a good chance the ball bounces inside the Steelers 15 and we start with poor field position once again. If he fields it saves a lot of field position.

Anyway long story short the first fumble is on Haley. Period end of story.

Moose
11-11-2014, 09:31 AM
EVERYONE ! This team is pathetic. Cleveland is the only team in the division that wants to win the division. I agree with the ratbird's coach dissing the Steeler's.