PDA

View Full Version : Players satisfied with this year's training camp

stillers4me
08-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Coach Mike Tomlin said the 2010 season ultimately will determine what the Steelers were able to accomplish during training camp.
As for how Tomlin ran his fourth camp, the consensus among the players appeared to be this: difficult but fair.
The Steelers broke camp Friday after a light practice in preparation for tonight's exhibition game against the New York Giants.
"It wasn't as tough as the first one, but it was tougher than the last two," outside linebacker James Harrison said. "The first one was totally different, my way or the highway."....................

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_695812.html

Toning it down
Antonio Brown hopes for a repeat performance after catching three passes for 84 yards and a touchdown against the Lions.
What will be different, the rookie wide receiver said, is how he acts after making a play.
Brown earned the nickname "Rod Tidwell" from his fellow wideouts because of his after-the-catch theatrics against the Lions.
He attributed those to the excitement of playing in his first NFL game.
"I'm a humble kid," Brown said. "You'll see a lot more of me throwing the ball back to the ref."

I guess the vets told him the same thing I was thinking. "Good job, kid. But make the team before you start the showboating."

Killer
08-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Troy's knee made it through camp - that's a good start right there.

stillers4me
08-21-2010, 12:37 PM
Troy's knee made it through camp - that's a good start right there.

Yep. And although Willie's Achilles tendon happened before camp started, every other player made it though without a major injury. Now let's hope they get through the preseason in as good of shape. :drink: