PDA

View Full Version : A sobering thought.....

stillers4me
11-07-2014, 06:12 PM
If we beat the Jets, the Steelers control their own destiny with sole possession of first place. If we lose.........

Count Steeler
11-07-2014, 06:14 PM
Well, let's just take care of business and we will go from second to first.

Lady Steel
11-08-2014, 12:18 AM
Tight race in the AFCN. Steelers need to take care of business on Sunday.

steelreserve
11-08-2014, 02:12 AM
Don't worry, none of the other teams in the division are good enough to win out either. So aside from the fact that it would suck to lose to the Jets, it would not kill us.

X-Terminator
11-08-2014, 06:19 AM
With all of this negativity going into this game, of which I have been a part of, I just hope the guys block it all out and just go out and play ball. If they were consistently beating up on bad teams instead of letting them hang around and/or beat them, I wouldn't be worried about it.

GBMelBlount
11-08-2014, 06:28 AM
Don't worry, none of the other teams in the division are good enough to win out either. So aside from the fact that it would suck to lose to the Jets, it would not kill us.

If the Steelers have this mentality we will be in trouble.

At times this season both the Ravens and the Bengals looked great then faltered.

Here's to hoping they stay "hungry".:drink:

Dwinsgames
11-08-2014, 06:32 AM
If we are unable to hang 40 on the jets we got issues ...

one starting CB was on the practice squad less than a month ago and the other was signed off the street and had his first NFL start 2 weeks ago ...

if Ben and Haley can't carve them up we wont deserve to win

stillers4me
11-08-2014, 06:32 AM
They were talking about the AFCN on Serius radio yesterday and they said something interesting. That the AFCN could come down to New Orleans. The Browns beat them at home. We play them at home. The Bengals and the Ravens have road games to NO, which spells big trouble for them on the Super Dome.

The AFCN could be decided on where each team plays the Saints.

Dwinsgames
11-08-2014, 06:33 AM
They were talking about the AFCN on Serius radio yesterday and they said something interesting. That the AFCN could come down to New Orleans. The Browns beat them at home. We play them at home. The Bengals and the Ravens have road games to NO, which spells big trouble for them on the Super Dome.

I think conference record will be the determining factor if outright record is not enough and we have the inside tract in that department at this point

Drazo85
11-08-2014, 07:04 AM
I think conference record will be the determining factor if outright record is not enough and we have the inside tract in that department at this point

And that makes next two games even more important. If we manage to beat Jets and Titans we would have 7-2 conference record with three games remaining, two of them at home.

ALLD
11-08-2014, 07:11 AM
I have seen this phenomenon before. If we win out we go to the SB and probably win it. I am not hyping, just saying right now nobody can beat the Steelers. They even stopped beating themselves. They are finding that if they take care of the ball the other team will make critical mistakes and implode. It's nice watching the others guys screw up and lose.

This game will be a test of confidence and awareness. They need to beat a couple of teams on the road in preparation for the playoffs. Ben needs to keep it dialed up and the big debate of whether he sits in any meaningless game at the end of the season should not even be brought up. You don't change a trajectory in midflight.

stillers4me
11-08-2014, 07:22 AM
I have seen this phenomenon before. If we win out we go to the SB and probably win it. I am not hyping, just saying right now nobody can beat the Steelers. They even stopped beating themselves. They are finding that if they take care of the ball the other team will make critical mistakes and implode. It's nice watching the others guys screw up and lose.

This game will be a test of confidence and awareness. They need to beat a couple of teams on the road in preparation for the playoffs. Ben needs to keep it dialed up and the big debate of whether he sits in any meaningless game at the end of the season should not even be brought up. You don't change a trajectory in midflight.
I agree! I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that they don't go back to the "That worked really good so let's try something else" philosophy we've seen so many times before.

That and the injury bug that's plagued us for the last couple of seasons. :horror:

Count Steeler
11-08-2014, 07:26 AM
1 at a time.