PDA

View Full Version : Steelers at a crossroad - What say you?

GBMelBlount
11-07-2014, 06:37 AM
From nowhere the Steelers are in first place in the AFC north.

Had you asked me 3 weeks ago the chances of us being in 1st place today I would have said little to none.

Throw in Ben's amazing NFL record performances the past 2 weeks and a team that appeared incredibly mediocre 2 weeks ago is now on everybody's radar.

Teams will be preparing for us and playing us with that underdog mentality that can make all the difference in a league with so much parity.

So how do you think the Steelers will perform now that everyone will be gunning for them?

Here is what I see.

A young and hungry team that while still having it's ups and downs is improving almost every week.

Great leadership and inspiration from Ben, Harrison, Keisel, Troy and Timmons.

A young offensive line that with loads of talent that has developed confidence and is playing together.

Belief. I think this young and hungry team now realizes they can do this.

Call me a homer but if LeBeau can figure out how to make this defense work I predict a special year for the Steelers.

:crossed:

....and a new Beard icon to boot!

Can it really get any better than this? :cool:

:beard:

zulater
11-07-2014, 07:13 AM
Just taking it week by week brother. As soon as you buy in completely with this team they break your heart. Plus depth is a factor. We can't sustain an injury to any of our key players and maintain momentum.

But as opposed to where we were 3 weeks before, I'll take it. Better to loved and lost than to never have loved at all sorta applies here. In other words at least we've been given hope. Whether it lasts or not? Stay tuned.

stillers4me
11-07-2014, 07:23 AM
We're pissed. We're focused. We're taking names.

SteelerFanInStl
11-07-2014, 08:03 AM
The Jets game will tell me whether or not this team has turned it around.

Moose
11-07-2014, 09:17 AM

I'm with you on this ! If the Steeler's come out and kick ass from the kick off, create turnovers, SCORE in the redzone, hold Jet's to 3 and out, and blow the jets up for 60 minutes.....I'll say we turned the corner and heading to a hell of a season finish. NO CONSERVATIVE SHIT !!!

tube517
11-07-2014, 10:14 AM
Still a lot of work to do. But 6-3 > 3-6

Steeldude
11-07-2014, 10:48 AM
The Steelers have to stop the Jets rushing attack. I assume they will try to chew up clock to keep the score low. Hopefully Lebeau keeps the defense wary of the cutback.

GBMelBlount
11-07-2014, 01:06 PM

This.

...and if they do I will go out on a limb and say they are a "good defense" away from a championship.

Steelman
11-07-2014, 02:50 PM
The lesson learned in the past few weeks is the Steelers can beat any team in the league. The lesson learned in the first few weeks was that without focus and determination we can also lose to any team. Hopefully the team builds on what they learned in the past few weeks and continues this progression.

Texasteel
11-07-2014, 03:37 PM
I see it hinging in the trenches. Ben, who all the TV experts knows is not a pocket passer, looked amazingly like a pocket passer when the line did their job. The D-line, who couldn't stop my father in law in his wheel chair, is starting to get a little stingy against the run, and is putting enough presser on the opposites line to open a few lanes to the QB. Even getting to the QB themselves. If our lines hold up, and get a little better game by game, I think we will alright.

GBM... Everyone knows 'I' am the sites homer.

Lady Steel
11-07-2014, 11:44 PM
The owners, coaches, players, fans and their pets, etc., were all pissed off with the first half of the season, but with a lot of hard work, determination, focus, and perseverance, the Pittsburgh Steelers will make it deep into the playoffs this year and, of course, will result in that much anticipated 7th Lombardi.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/079/272/56753897_display_image.jpg?1310083231

ALLD
11-08-2014, 07:43 AM
Steelers need to come out at the opening kickoff ready to score or defend and not use the first quarter as warm ups. The roster shake up also helped. Another aspect is that Haley is supporting Ben rather than using him like a puppet and forcing things. That's the biggest difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6wpoeL-Tbs

86WARD
11-08-2014, 08:36 PM
I think they need to come out of the Jets and Titans games with 2 wins to prove that they are progressing. Otherwise, it's going to seem like it's the same old bullshit of recent years. Play up to the good teams and waaaaaay down to the bad teams.

HollywoodSteel
11-08-2014, 09:00 PM
I still won't let myself believe that we are Super Bowl worthy. Unless we go 13-3 and somehow get home field advantage... does anyone really think we can go into Denver or New England and win? I'd love to believe, but at this point I just can't do it. I'm not even convinced we could beat either of those teams in Pittsburgh. Maybe if the defense really shows that they can rush the passer and cover receivers for a few games in a row...

tube517
11-10-2014, 07:05 PM
I think they need to come out of the Jets and Titans games with 2 wins to prove that they are progressing. Otherwise, it's going to seem like it's the same old bullshit of recent years. Play up to the good teams and waaaaaay down to the bad teams.

You called it.

polamalubeast
11-10-2014, 07:10 PM
The Steelers can still make the playoffs and win the division, but it is very disappointing to see the steelers shoot themselves in the foot by losing against Tampa Bay and the jets

The game vs Titans is a must win for me

ALLD
11-10-2014, 07:25 PM
The Jets was a must win for the Super Bowl. Now it's just game to game entertainment when I have nothing else to do on Sunday. This is what it must be like to be a Bengals fan.

86WARD
11-10-2014, 07:38 PM

Waaaaaay down to the bad teams.

Texasteel
11-10-2014, 08:27 PM
Disclamer: I did not see the last game. I have come to my own conclusion based on what I have gleaned from reading others statements. Mostly on this site.

You want to make this a better team? Then get an OC that can see what is working and use it, instead of seeing what is not working and keep doing it till it works. If I understand what Haley said, what he wanted to do is play the Steelers game, and not play to the other teams weakness. Putting aside the fact that this is a dumb statement in itself, if the last couple of games did not tell him what the Steelers game is I suggest he spend a little more time watching game films. When you put possibly your hottest LB in as a FB just to surprise the people, I know he surprised his own QB, without even running through the play in practice, you are saying what you have been doing is not working. Well Mr. Haley, why not go back to the plays that have been working for two weeks. If your purpose was to show what kind of football mind you have, well sr.,,,,,,,,,,,, you did. Pull you head out of you ass, or move to a new city.

Excuse me Dick, please trash the three man rush. It has not and likely will not work on a consistent bases, #75 is hanging on a wall someplace and not on the field. If your propose is to cover for a weak defensive backfield where is a new idea. Draft a f###ing DB. One that will play for us instead of one that might develop into a player we can use some day.

I do still have faith in this team, I think we have talent. But having talent, and using it is two different things. Go Steeler, kick ass the rest of the season.

I feel a little better now.

Shoes
11-10-2014, 09:20 PM
I think Tomlin and Haley are at the crossroads. This game just removed a little more of their camouflage.