PDA

View Full Version : Who’s best of young wideouts? Rice says it’s Steelers’ Brown

polamalubeast
11-06-2014, 12:46 PM
NEW YORK — There’s one wide receiver in today’s game who has Jerry Rice’s attention, and it’s not Calvin Johnson, A.J. Green or Dez Bryant. It’s Pittsburgh’s Antonio Brown. In fact, when I sat down with the Hall of Fame receiver this week he named Brown as the best of the game’s young wideouts.

“He’s killing it right now,” said Rice, here to promote the MetLife Premier Client Group. “I had the opportunity to talk to this guy, and he tried to get in my head. He wanted to know my workout regimen and how did I sustain for so many years. I just told him it was all about work ethic and never getting complacent and never getting to a point where you feel like you can relax now.

“And you lead by example. If you’re a good leader, other receivers are going to follow. And you see some of those young guys doing that now.”

Brown is the NFL’s leading receiver and is on pace to wind up with 126 catches, 1770 yards and 14 touchdowns. But that’s not all. He’s produced at least five catches for 50 or more yards in 25 consecutive games, at least five catches for 80 or more yards in his last 11 starts and 21 receptions for 277 yards and three TDs in his last two.

read more

http://www.talkoffamenetwork.com/whos-best-of-young-wideouts-rice-says-its-steelers-brown/

fansince'76
11-06-2014, 12:48 PM
I'm so thankful this kid wasn't permanently tainted by that "Young Money" crap that Wallace started.

polamalubeast
11-06-2014, 12:56 PM
Before the 2013 season, I was confident that Brown would be a very good WR, but I would have never thought that Brown would be dominant as he has been since last year...That's incredible

Brown was amazing last year, but this year he is even better, so much that this is not crazy to think that he is easily a top 3 WR in the nfl right now....He is maybe the best WR right now

Dwinsgames
11-06-2014, 06:08 PM
already posted 2 days ago http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/21229-Jerry-Rice-says

LLT
11-06-2014, 06:30 PM
Before the 2013 season, I was confident that Brown would be a very good WR, but I would have never thought that Brown would be dominant as he has been since last year...That's incredible

Brown was amazing last year, but this year he is even better, so much that this is not crazy to think that he is easily a top 3 WR in the nfl right now....He is maybe the best WR right now

The crazy thing is...Sanders is a top 10 receiver now that he is with Denver. He has the 6th most receiving yardage in the entire league right now.